• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunday crowds Nov/Dec

Porsche4

Mouseketeer
I have been tracking crowd levels and ride wait times for the last few weeks to help me decide on the right week to visit in 2024 (I know Uber Nerd) and I have noticed that although the crowds do seem higher on a Saturday, Sundays seem to be relatively quiet and Mondays seem crazy. Would love to hear peoples thoughts as to why and any first hand experiences.

The next 2 Sundays are likely to be busier because they are the last 2 weekend days that Magic Key holders (except the highest tier who can also go on Saturday) can go to the parks for the holiday season before being blocked out for the rest of the year. All keys are blocked starting December 20th even the highest one. The 10th and 17th have had Magic Key reservations sold out for at least a month at this point while the Saturdays didn't fill up until the last week or so since only one type of key can go on those Saturdays. Magic Keys usually don't get there at rope drop so the mornings will probably be fine but I expect later on this Sunday and next Sunday to be pretty packed. I am a not very local (I live in Silicon Valley) Magic Key holder and I will be there this weekend though I am the exception and will definitely be rope dropping since I have 2 toddlers who get up at the crack of dawn anyway. We are prepared for crowds and will just go with the flow (a necessity with toddlers anyway) and have made a list of a couple of things each kid (and mom) want to make sure we do and the rest is a bonus.

You know it’s funny, most people seem to avoid the candlelight processional weekend, which is typically the first weekend in December, or at least I hear many on this board say so, but we went yesterday (not for the processional although I’d live to see it someday), arrived late (1pm) and ride times were low all day. Even RCR was 45 min in the afternoon, not after a closure. My guess is most people coming that weekend are prioritizing the processional. I can’t wait to go next year and see if it’s the same. It was awesome, and also neat to get some sneak peeks at the processional staging and what not.

I have been tracking crowd levels and ride wait times for the last few weeks to help me decide on the right week to visit in 2024 (I know Uber Nerd) and I have noticed that although the crowds do seem higher on a Saturday, Sundays seem to be relatively quiet and Mondays seem crazy. Would love to hear peoples thoughts as to why and any first hand experiences.
This has been the pattern for a really long time. I my experience Saturdays and Sundays are usually nicer than Monday although there are occasional exceptions.

The next 2 Sundays are likely to be busier because they are the last 2 weekend days that Magic Key holders (except the highest tier who can also go on Saturday) can go to the parks for the holiday season before being blocked out for the rest of the year.
Enchant and Imagine are both blocked out those two Sundays, and Believe is blocked out on Sunday the 17th, so it might not be crazy - just depends on how many additional day-ticket guests there are.

Enchant and Imagine are both blocked out those two Sundays, and Believe is blocked out on Sunday the 17th, so it might not be crazy - just depends on how many additional day-ticket guests there are.
I didn't realize Believe was already blocked on the 17th. We have one Believe and one Inspire so we are going to the parks the 10th to 12th and I know reservations for Magic Keys have been gone for well over a month for the 10th so if the last weekend day for Believe that makes sense why it booked up so early.

It's odd, but I just got back from a Thur-Sun trip and the crowds were high, but I was able to accomplish everything I wanted. We rope dropped Peter Pan and basically walked on Tea Cups, Dumbo, King Aruther Carrousel, Mr. Toads, and then took our 6 year old to play in Toon Town. We had such a wonderful morning that it set the tone for the rest of the day. My son never felt let down while in the park which was important for me.

The only "downer" times were when we'd be in line and a ride would go down. Or we'd be walking to a ride and when we got there it was down. Or we'd be on a ride and it'd stop and we got walked off because it went down. Or when we left one park because the rides were down and then went to the other one for a certain ride and when we got there it had broken down. I'm sure the crowds led to them breaking down, but all the people didn't "effect" us so much. It was still Disney. We had a great time.

The last day (Sunday) went like this:
Rope Drop Radiator Spring Racers. Walked to Disney Junior Dance party but the first showing was canceled with a "maybe" for the second showing. Walked to Web Slingers but it was broken down. Walked to the Redwood Creek challenge trail and my son ran around for a bit and met Chip and later Dale. Went back to see Mickey's philharmagic, ate a hot dog while we stood in line for the second showing of the dance party and my son had a blast. After we got out, Web Slingers was finally open as I was consantly checking so the line was short. After, we went back to the hotel and relaxed and recharged.

So while there were a lot of people, we never once thought it detracted from any event. Have a plan for breakdowns and you'll have a wonderful time!

It's odd, but I just got back from a Thur-Sun trip and the crowds were high, but I was able to accomplish everything I wanted. We rope dropped Peter Pan and basically walked on Tea Cups, Dumbo, King Aruther Carrousel, Mr. Toads, and then took our 6 year old to play in Toon Town. We had such a wonderful morning that it set the tone for the rest of the day. My son never felt let down while in the park which was important for me.

The only "downer" times were when we'd be in line and a ride would go down. Or we'd be walking to a ride and when we got there it was down. Or we'd be on a ride and it'd stop and we got walked off because it went down. Or when we left one park because the rides were down and then went to the other one for a certain ride and when we got there it had broken down. I'm sure the crowds led to them breaking down, but all the people didn't "effect" us so much. It was still Disney. We had a great time.

The last day (Sunday) went like this:
Rope Drop Radiator Spring Racers. Walked to Disney Junior Dance party but the first showing was canceled with a "maybe" for the second showing. Walked to Web Slingers but it was broken down. Walked to the Redwood Creek challenge trail and my son ran around for a bit and met Chip and later Dale. Went back to see Mickey's philharmagic, ate a hot dog while we stood in line for the second showing of the dance party and my son had a blast. After we got out, Web Slingers was finally open as I was consantly checking so the line was short. After, we went back to the hotel and relaxed and recharged.

So while there were a lot of people, we never once thought it detracted from any event. Have a plan for breakdowns and you'll have a wonderful time!
Thanks for your post, sorry you encountered so many break downs but sounds like you still had a great time which is the most important thing. My adult daughter keeps saying to me stop stressing out about picking the days with the best crowds mum, we always have a great time no matter where we go or what we do so it doesn't matter and of course she is right. We will have Genie+ and we know how to use the system well so I am sure we will be able to do most things without too much wait or bother. This trip (Holiday Season 24) will mainly be to take in all the Holiday Decorations and special entertainment so I am going to plan our days around that. We don't usually worry about entertainment and shows etc, we usually make the rides the priority so this is going to be a different planing experience but one I am actually looking forward to once I have locked in my travel dates. We usually rope drop and don't spend a lot of time in the parks in the evening but this time we are going to hit rope drop, have a solid afternoon rest break and then head back to the parks for evening entertainment. We won't stay till closing as we are not night owls at all but I am really looking forward to seeing all the holiday lights, trying to catch fireworks and enjoying all the special holiday ride overlays.

We are at DCA 18th and DL 19 and 20th. Still will be busy I'm sure but schools wont be out yet so that may help. My wife has been tracking crowds also and there isn't really a pattern lol. Sat/Sun busy. Some Mondays DCA is packed some not and visa versa......

We are at DCA 18th and DL 19 and 20th. Still will be busy I'm sure but schools wont be out yet so that may help. My wife has been tracking crowds also and there isn't really a pattern lol. Sat/Sun busy. Some Mondays DCA is packed some not and visa versa......
Yes it sure is hit and miss. I have been tracking crowd levels and it is all over the place. I just wish we didn't have to make park reservations, that way we could change what days we go where on the fly, dependent upon what we see when we are actually there. As we will be travelling from Australia we will be staying for 9 nights and having a couple of days off from the parks to just laze by the pool or do some browsing in Downtown Disney but deciding which days those should be on crowd levels is difficult. Thought we would take Saturday and Monday off but who knows.

I think a lot of schools are out starting the 18th. We were there Thanksgiving week when most schools were out and it was quite busy but we still had a great time.

eeeek!

We have a plan anyways and will stick to our rope drops and Genie + and have the best time
The 18 and 19 are also the last days Inspire Key holders can go to the park this month, so that will also add to the crowds. (I made reservations for that reason just in case!) But like you wrote, you will still have the best time. The parks are wonderful this time of year, and Genie+ makes a huge difference, especially later in the day. I've been there during some very crowded days this month, and it was still magical!

The 18 and 19 are also the last days Inspire Key holders can go to the park this month, so that will also add to the crowds. (I made reservations for that reason just in case!) But like you wrote, you will still have the best time. The parks are wonderful this time of year, and Genie+ makes a huge difference, especially later in the day. I've been there during some very crowded days this month, and it was still magical!
Yes another thing to consider is the magic key thing. We have a pretty solid plan i think... haha.

Bring on the churos!!!!!

I was there the past 4 days (Thursday 7th - Sunday 10th) and by far Sunday was the worst and most crowded day. I was really surprised but both parks were super crowded,

I was there the past 4 days (Thursday 7th - Sunday 10th) and by far Sunday was the worst and most crowded day. I was really surprised but both parks were super crowded,
The last Sunday before Believe keys are blocked out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter