• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunday crowds vs Saturday crowds

Bride In The Attic

DIS Veteran
We are taking a quick trip to So Cal and we are going to do DL on Sunday June 5th. I know weekend crowds are worse than weekday crowds but how do Sunday crowds compare to Saturday crowds? Any noticable difference or are they about the same?

Thanks!

:)

I honestly think Sundays are worse than Saturdays. Most of the time when I go on a Saturday I find the crowds managable, but when I go on a Sunday I find the lines are way too long.

I agree with Iceskatejen about Sundays. I find that on Saturday mornings, because Disneyland usually opens at 8:00, we can really get a lot done by 11:00, when the crowds pick up. I do find that crowds at DCA on a Saturday are so much less that after doing Disneyland in the morning we usually head over. I do think however that Sunday evenings are less crowded than Saturday evenings, I guess a lot of locals have school and work the next morning. So I guess my roundabout answer is that Saturday mornings seem less crowded than Sunday mornings but Sunday evenings seem less crowded. That has just been my obersavation. Crowd levels mean different things to different people so somebody else may have a totally different opinion!

Thanks for your answers but now I don't know what to do!! :worried: We have the option of going Sat or Sun and I picked Sun b/c I thought the crowd levels would be better....now I'll have to rethink!

Since you have Sunday set aside I would stick with that! I promise that if you get there early (on a Sunday that is 30 -45 minutes before park opening) you will get a lot done. Then when the crowds get really big maybe go to DTD, have lunch and shop. Or see the Aladdin show. Even though you may have to wait in a long line, waiting in a long line for a 45 minute show is better than waiting in a long line for a 2 minute ride. We always ride rides in the morning, have an early lunch, then see shows and by then its parade time. On a Sunday a lot of locals will leave after the parade. If you have a gameplan and utilize fastpass you will be just fine. Don't worry, you will have a great time!

Thanks for the info!
We're planning on visiting the parks Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of Memorial Day week.
We plan on starting at DL on Sunday and then DCA on Monday.
I would have assumed most folks would be in church on a Sunday morning so DL wouldn't be that crowded early. I also noted the hours for that day 8a-12a, were the longest of the three we'll be there, so I wanted to take advantage of that.
Maybe we'll spend the morning at DL and as it gets busier, hop over to DCA.
Boy, it's great that the two parks are so close!! Park hopping at WDW is so much more trouble and time-consuming.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter