• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sunscreen in November?

Snabbit

Earning My Ears
Hi all! Apologies if this has been asked before, or is just a silly question. My husband and I will be coming to Disneyland from Pennsylvania in 23 days (whoohoo!) and it just crossed my mind that it's probably a lot sunnier in California than PA in the fall. So should I pack/wear suncreen?

I do burn extremely easily in the summer, but I've never been burned in the fall or winter so I'm just not sure what to do!

Thanks!

Thank you both! I also hate wearing it, but it sure beats getting burned! I'll definitely bring some and wear it!

Thank you both! I also hate wearing it, but it sure beats getting burned! I'll definitely bring some and wear it!

💯 yes!!!! It will hopefully be cooler in November..... if the weather is under 80 I wear my lightweight long sleeve tops from Athleta so at least my arms, shoulders, back etc are protected and I don’t have to wear sunscreen. A hat is also your best friend! And sunglasses! Sun is way more powerful here in Southern California!!!

Hi all! Apologies if this has been asked before, or is just a silly question. My husband and I will be coming to Disneyland from Pennsylvania in 23 days (whoohoo!) and it just crossed my mind that it's probably a lot sunnier in California than PA in the fall. So should I pack/wear suncreen?

I do burn extremely easily in the summer, but I've never been burned in the fall or winter so I'm just not sure what to do!

Thanks!
If your skin is exposed you should always wear sunscreen! Even if it doesn't seem super sunny!

Thanks!

Yes, sunscreen should be worn year-round if you're outside for extended periods of time. I'm pale and burn easily and I never do DLR without it on any exposed skin.

Yes, yes, yes. You need to be wearing sunscreen regardless of the year/temperature unless you're avoiding direct sunlight. But either way you should be wearing sunscreen outdoors. Last year in November when I went, it was a good 85ish degrees every day. Not sure what it'll be like this November, but I'll be packing the sunscreen for our next trip in two weeks.

Bring it, but don't worry about forgetting your sunscreen. You can buy it throughout the parks and in DTD. There is also a 24/7 CVS and a Walgreens within a block of the parks (corner of Harbor and Katella), plus various mini marts and convenience stores and hotel gift shops. And you can buy sun hats throughout the parks and in DTD, too. Sun protection is serious business in Southern CA!

We did a November trip for six years in a row. I would usually slather on some 15 or 30 in the morning. And I always wore a baseball cap. I rarely reapplied...unless it just "felt" like my neck was cooking. But that SoCal sun will getcha if you go unprepared.

I would wear it no matter what. I’ve learned the hard way recently that even if you think it’s not sunny, it still could be and you could get terribly sunburned. This was not in California but the same applies there. A couple years ago my brother assumed he wouldn’t get sunburned in Disneyland and didn’t put sunscreen on the first day and it was bothering him a lot for a couple days at Disneyland after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter