Sunscreen... reapply how often?

MandyLovesMulan

A girl worth fighting for!
Just wondering what your plan is for sunscreen reapplication (Canadian who spends all day inside... no tan... burns easily).

I bought some well-rated sunscreen online and smaller bottles to take portions of sunscreen into the park with me in September.

Do you schedule reapplication? What if I just reapply at lunchtime and sometime mid afternoon?

Anyone have tips to remind yourself to reapply sufficiently?

I burn easily got blue eyes. I'm good with only once a day if not going into water. What I do is apply the sunscreen a half hour before I go out the room. I use the tear free kind. What is still visibible after the half hour I wipe off with a towel.

I burn easily got blue eyes. I'm good with only once a day if not going into water. What I do is apply the sunscreen a half hour before I go out the room. I use the tear free kind. What is still visibible after the half hour I wipe off with a towel.
So, do you apply thick (still white/visible) and let it soak in for 30 min?

*I also have blue eyes & burn easily.

In mid August during the day sometimes I apply every hour but mostly every 1 1/2 or 2

I put on a good coat before going out in the morning and then usually reapply around lunch. Depending on how much time I'm outside that might be all I need. I always wear a visor and usually have a cooling towel over my shoulders, so the high points aren't in the sun most of the day anyhow. If my kids won't wear a hat I'm applying 3-4 times a day on their faces and the same for their arms.

We apply it in the morning, and before and after swimming. I usually don't reapply it during the day unless I stop back at the room.

My children are redheads and burning is something I am always very concerned about, especially with our July trip. What I did was lotion up in the morning before hitting the parks then we typically had an ADR lunch (our AC break) so we would lotion again after lunch before heading back out. We used the big bottle in the morning then I had a little bottle in our backpack for the mid day reapply. None of us got even a speck of burn anywhere! I was very pleased with our system, as well as with the lotion itself (I had watched a segment on TV about what products are best and found a generic Walmart version was highly rated and I couldn't agree more, it was fantastic. I have continued to use it now with great results).

My children are redheads and burning is something I am always very concerned about, especially with our July trip. What I did was lotion up in the morning before hitting the parks then we typically had an ADR lunch (our AC break) so we would lotion again after lunch before heading back out. We used the big bottle in the morning then I had a little bottle in our backpack for the mid day reapply. None of us got even a speck of burn anywhere! I was very pleased with our system, as well as with the lotion itself (I had watched a segment on TV about what products are best and found a generic Walmart version was highly rated and I couldn't agree more, it was fantastic. I have continued to use it now with great results).

What brand if you don't mind my asking? Generic and otherwise?

What brand if you don't mind my asking? Generic and otherwise?
Definitely don't mind at all, it is a Walmart Equate version of a Coppertone. It is called Ultra Protection Sunscreen Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 50. The bottle looks like this, https://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-U...=online&wl12=14122653&wl13=&veh=sem#read-more. I heard about it on a Today Show segment a couple of years ago and went out that day to buy some. I am soo glad I did because it has worked great! Hope that helps!

We do every 2-3 hours. I LOVE the spray sunscreen although we've had problems with it turning out clothing yellow if it's white at all. It's easy to reapply to everyone. I always plan on one can per day that we're in Florida (from MI). We've never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter