Sunshine Flyer Experiences

I agree, just concerned there will also be a wait for Uber since it's Christmas.
We used them in August. I would definitely use again for the outbound trip from the airport, but I would Lyft XL for the way home (we're 5 folks so always have to pay the extra).

They pick you up a solid 3+ hours early for your flight and, especially with us having precheck, it's just much earlier than we need to be at the airport. I found the extra time for the shared transfer on the first leg to be worth the savings. For the extra early wake-up on the way back, It would have been worth my $25-30 to sleep in another hour.

Value is all relative, too. Are you trying to fit in park time on that first day or are you just heading to the hotel? If that front-end time is super important to you, then Lyft both ways. Or, if your return flight is early afternoon, then the sleep in benefit doesn't apply to you.

We used them in August. I would definitely use again for the outbound trip from the airport, but I would Lyft XL for the way home (we're 5 folks so always have to pay the extra).

They pick you up a solid 3+ hours early for your flight and, especially with us having precheck, it's just much earlier than we need to be at the airport. I found the extra time for the shared transfer on the first leg to be worth the savings. For the extra early wake-up on the way back, It would have been worth my $25-30 to sleep in another hour.

Value is all relative, too. Are you trying to fit in park time on that first day or are you just heading to the hotel? If that front-end time is super important to you, then Lyft both ways. Or, if your return flight is early afternoon, then the sleep in benefit doesn't apply to you.
Getting to Disney will be "late" at night, almost 9. So, we will definitely be getting to hotel and settling in for the next day. My kids are still little so it will be well past regular bedtime. That's my main issue on that arrival decision.

Going back home, I agree, we will probably use Uber. Way too much time at the airport for our liking.

We used SF over Thanksgiving and found it ok and affordable for a family with kids and luggage.

Arrival Experience:

9:20 landed at MCO
10am collected bags and arrived at SF waiting area. FYI it was not crowded and didn't give my son any sensory trouble, I was worried about that.
10:12 loaded on the wasp van with one other couple. We were going to AKL they were going to all star.
10:45 arrived at AKL and received notification our room was ready!! Went right to the room, unpacked and had a snack before heading to MK!

Departure Experience:
Full disclosure, I read the stories in advance about how early they pick up so I gave them a flight number that was 45 min after our real flight. We are priority with delta and have TSA precheck, I do not need to be at the airport 3 hours early!

We had a 6:30 flight and I gave them a 7:15 flight number.

3:50 Picked up for AKL we were scheduled for 4pm. Driver was a little early and I didn't get any communication on that.
The bus already had alot of people on it so we just grabbed the first row.
The bus also made 3 more stops after us. I felt bad for whoever was picked up first, that had to be over 90 min on the bus.

5pm Airport dropoff.

We took some time to sit down in the lobby area on floor one. No one was there and you have a bathroom and luggage scales near by.
We ate sandwiches/lunchabels for dinner and I reorganize the luggage so each bag was under 50lbs. It was perfect and stress free.

Last edited:
We used SF over Thanksgiving and found it ok and affordable for a family with kids and luggage.

Arrival Experience:

10am collected bags and arrived at SF waiting area. FYI it was not crowded and didn't give my son any sensory trouble, I was worried about that.
10:12 loaded on the wasp van with one other couple. We were going to AKL they were going to all star.
10:45 arrived at AKL and received notification our room was ready!! Went right to the room, unpacked and had a snack before heading to MK!

Departure Experience:
Full disclosure, I read the stories in advance about how early they pick up so I gave them a flight number that was 45 min after our real flight. We are priority with delta and have TSA precheck, I do not need to be at the airport 3 hours early!

3:50 Picked up for AKL we were scheduled for 4pm. Driver was a little early and I didn't get any communication on that.
The bus also made 3 more stops after us. I felt bad for whoever was picked up first, that had to be over 90 min on the bus.

5pm Airport dropoff.

We took some time to sit down in the lobby area on floor one. No one was there and you have a bathroom and luggage scales near by.
We ate sandwiches/lunchabels for dinner and I reorganize the luggage so each bag was under 50lbs. It was perfect and stress free.
For lack of a great way of saying it: "How did you get away with adjusting this time?" I hate how early we get there. I do enjoy some buffer with my toddler but hanging out in that airport sucks and defeats the purpose of my mid day flight I book. I can see them being upset for providing the wrong time or voiding any gurantees of flight connections but did you just keep checking the "fake flight" time to ensure it still made sense for the flight you actually were taking? What happens if it gets moved and you have a pickup time shifted?

For lack of a great way of saying it: "How did you get away with adjusting this time?" I hate how early we get there. I do enjoy some buffer with my toddler but hanging out in that airport sucks and defeats the purpose of my mid day flight I book. I can see them being upset for providing the wrong time or voiding any gurantees of flight connections but did you just keep checking the "fake flight" time to ensure it still made sense for the flight you actually were taking? What happens if it gets moved and you have a pickup time shifted?
So it is a bit of a gamble. I looked for other Delta flights and they had one leaving MCO at 7:15 with a connection in ATL, I gave them that flight number. I am a seasoned/ frequent traveler so I am pretty on top of my Delta app, if the flight was changed I would have text them and let them know. I really don't think they have any guarantee as far as making sure you don't miss your flight and if they did this type of bad behavior would for sure void it. I didn't push it alot, it was just 45 min I thought that should compensate enough for the obscenely early time yet still be super early in my book. Also, keep in mind, due to my TSA precheck and priority status with Delta I don't have to wait for bag check or security so my comfort level with the gamble may not be appropriate for everyone. I did this once in Mexico and was having a serious travel anxiety because the lines for everything were longer than I had ever seen and we almost didn't make it.

So it is a bit of a gamble. I looked for other Delta flights and they had one leaving MCO at 7:15 with a connection in ATL, I gave them that flight number. I am a seasoned/ frequent traveler so I am pretty on top of my Delta app, if the flight was changed I would have text them and let them know. I really don't think they have any guarantee as far as making sure you don't miss your flight and if they did this type of bad behavior would for sure void it. I didn't push it alot, it was just 45 min I thought that should compensate enough for the obscenely early time yet still be super early in my book. Also, keep in mind, due to my TSA precheck and priority status with Delta I don't have to wait for bag check or security so my comfort level with the gamble may not be appropriate for everyone. I did this once in Mexico and was having a serious travel anxiety because the lines for everything were longer than I had ever seen and we almost didn't make it.
Good points. Similar situation far as my flight situation but it is direct with no other departing flights similar. I just hated entertaining a toddler for hours before a flight and on the flight. Ran out of tricks ha. I did call and directly asked about how long that window is and I was told on the phone that I can call after booking and note that I want to "take on more flight risk" as long as they deemed it reasonable. Basically sounds like they will shave up to an hour off that pickup window. The big variable at play is all the stops before you head to airport. I luckily have been closer to last being picked up in the past but imagine that can change the trip time by roughly 45 mins itself. I may test this call in time adjustment for Jan myself and report back my success based on how you were able to pull this off. I appreciate you calling it out as this was my biggest issue with returning to the airport.

Oh, I was VERY glad to get there early on Dec 11th--the Delta desk was PACKED. There was not only a HUGE line for luggage check, but every kiosk had a HUGE line! Every single one! At least two or three kiosks were down which wasn't helping. It was a huge nightmare and for once I was glad they picked us up at like 7:40 am for an 11 am flight. Once we got through all of that it was smooth sailing--but wow I was worried.

Oh, I was VERY glad to get there early on Dec 11th--the Delta desk was PACKED. There was not only a HUGE line for luggage check, but every kiosk had a HUGE line! Every single one! At least two or three kiosks were down which wasn't helping. It was a huge nightmare and for once I was glad they picked us up at like 7:40 am for an 11 am flight. Once we got through all of that it was smooth sailing--but wow I was worried.
I have had scares before and usually it is non prepared flight desk that cause the stress at the airport. Almost never does security create my stress.

I used Sunshine Flyer last week and had a great experience. After checking in at the podium, I waited only 5 minutes to get on a bus and then a minute later we were off. I was the first drop off at the Yacht Club, so it was only about a 30 minute ride for me from the airport to the resort. For the return, I was scheduled for an 8:50 AM pick up for a noon flight. The driver texted me to let me know he was on the way and that he would be in a 12 passenger van that had the same wrap as the large buses. There was one other couple at the Yacht Club who was picked up with me, and then we went to the Beach Club to get another couple and we were on our way. We arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare!

We used Sunshine Flyer earlier this month and didn't have any issues except after having used Mears and ME in the past it was weird just standing outside in a clump of people waiting to hear your resort name called. We are used to the organization of the other services we used in the past, where there are lines based on resort. As we stood there, people were smoking very close to the check in podium, so we tried to get as far away from that as possible as to not smell like smoke. Otherwise they got us where we needed to go and back in a timely manner.

We used Sunshine Flyer earlier this month and didn't have any issues except after having used Mears and ME in the past it was weird just standing outside in a clump of people waiting to hear your resort name called. We are used to the organization of the other services we used in the past, where there are lines based on resort. As we stood there, people were smoking very close to the check in podium, so we tried to get as far away from that as possible as to not smell like smoke. Otherwise they got us where we needed to go and back in a timely manner.
I think one of the reasons for this is it was basically DME. Now it is Mears, Sunshine Flyer and many other services and the lines are not just very long at all for any being split up like this. I remember being in the DME lines and they were very long for each resort(s) lines and took quite a few minutes. The 3 times we have used Sunshine Flyer the lines to board are not very long at all and we never waited more than a few minutes at most to board. I got the email yesterday stating they moved the checkin area a little distance to near the Starbucks and will be using them again in March. Hopefully being now inside the smoking issue will nolonger be a problem..smjj

They've raised the price to $19.50 one way. Now I may do a split reservation to save a few bucks.
WOW!
I booked everyone for my upcoming trips, which span through October on Black Friday.
For my trip on February 1, I'm paying $24 for TWO people.

WOW!
I booked everyone for my upcoming trips, which span through October on Black Friday.
For my trip on February 1, I'm paying $24 for TWO people.
I missed out on that discount. I was hoping for another one for New Years.

Had a terrible experience August 2022. Wet puddles on the seat of the fabric bus seats, parts of the seatbelt missing leaving sharp metal sticking out between and on the edge of seats, broken TVs, and my seat laid all the way back and I could not adjust it. We may have been a group of five 20-somethings going to an All-Star Resort but that doesn't mean we should get the worst bus!!! I know they're getting a spot inside the airport now, but loading in the August Orlando heat outside and sweating while waiting for our bus for 20 min was not ideal. Just take an Uber, Lyft, or MinnieVan!! I've taken Mears before and even that was better. Yeesh!

Had a terrible experience August 2022. Wet puddles on the seat of the fabric bus seats, parts of the seatbelt missing leaving sharp metal sticking out between and on the edge of seats, broken TVs, and my seat laid all the way back and I could not adjust it. We may have been a group of five 20-somethings going to an All-Star Resort but that doesn't mean we should get the worst bus!!! I know they're getting a spot inside the airport now, but loading in the August Orlando heat outside and sweating while waiting for our bus for 20 min was not ideal. Just take an Uber, Lyft, or MinnieVan!! I've taken Mears before and even that was better. Yeesh!
That is no good. Maybe they just wanted to get you in the spirit for All-Stars ha. Kidding but service is a toss up in industry lately. In all seriousness it may be worth giving a shot again as I had 3 great experiences so far.

They've raised the price to $19.50 one way. Now I may do a split reservation to save a few bucks.
Saw that today when I was going to book with them and check out the new indoor counter.

So ended up going with Mears as it was still $32.00 RT.

Mears looks like they may be eyeing an increase as well though as they called the $32.00 RT their "Introductory Rate".

Arrival Experience:

Departure Experience:

5pm Airport dropoff.

You got to the airport around 90 minutes before your flight MCO suggests arriving 2 hours before your flight. Mears and Sunshine schedule you to arrive 2 hours prior to your scheduled departure.

Spirit recently had a 1 hour line to check bags. Pre lines at MCO are sometimes 20 to 30 minutes. Regular security can sometimes be an hour. Southwest starts boarding 30 minutes prior to flight time. An issue if you preboard, have an A BP or are eligible for family boarding (new procedure)..Frontier can and sometimes succeeds in pushing back 15 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.

Leisure, occasional flyers, should generally follow airport and airline suggestions. Experienced flyers know when and how to reduce airport time.

A poster on a other board said a passenger who never missed a flight is a passenger who's wasted too many hours in airports through the years.

We used Sunshine flyer for our December trip. Waited about 20 minutes between checking in and getting on the bus. Then we were the last of 4 resorts they were going to with that bus.

We used Uber for our return trip the airport and it was ~$35. Considering it was 2 of us I kind of regretted using Sunshine Flyer for the arrival trip. Probably could have saved an hour for only a few bucks.

I'm using them again at the end of the month on a solo trip. Hopefully it goes a bit smoother but I only paid $12 so I can't really complain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter