Super early but...2017 anyone?

We're going Spring Break, so first week of April. I'm glad I'm not crazy for setting up my spreadsheet so early! We usually go every other year, but it'll probably be 3 before the next because I will not be taking a 2YO again. Our kids will be 7, 5, 3 and 9 mo. in April, so we'll miss the terrible 2's! What will be new in 2017? When does Avatarland open?

Never too early! Planning a 8 day february trip to get some harry potter time in there too!

We're going Spring Break, so first week of April. I'm glad I'm not crazy for setting up my spreadsheet so early! We usually go every other year, but it'll probably be 3 before the next because I will not be taking a 2YO again. Our kids will be 7, 5, 3 and 9 mo. in April, so we'll miss the terrible 2's! What will be new in 2017? When does Avatarland open?

This is the same time we have planned for our next trip! I'm in heavy pre-planning mode now - which currently consists of hanging out on DIS, making pro/con lists of the resorts we like, and (im)patiently waiting, lol. I have heard Early 2017 for Avatarland, but not an exact month/date. Im really hoping it's open by then, but who knows. I'm glad Rivers of Light will be open, though (opens this year). Happy planning!

We are taking the kids for their first trip this July and I am hoping that, if it goes well, I can convince my husband to do another trip in 2017 before our son becomes a "Disney adult."

Have any official 2017 threads been started yet? It seems like there are a good number of March 2017ers on here :flower1:

Next January, we are heading home, 10 days booked at Wilderness Lodge!!!!

Can't wait to get back into planning mode, I'm ready to go!
So many things we didn't do last time that we want to do now.

Let the counting begin!

Our son was born 8 days ago, so the official countdown is on for Disney! We plan to take him at 18 months which brings us to late August, but I think we may wait until beginning of September. Either way we are very excited for our first trip to Disney with our little boy :)

We just booked our trip for feb 5, 2017. Does anyone know what the park hours around this time of year?

We just booked our trip for feb 5, 2017. Does anyone know what the park hours around this time of year?

It will still be a few months before the official park hours are posted for Feb 2017 but if you check out current park hours you can get a good idea of what is what. I worked at Epcot 10 years ago and the hours are still the same as they were then so they don't change just a whole lot sometimes just a shift in EMH.

I'm kind of floating a plan to go Spring Break 2017 (will prob be 2nd week of March - so about a year from now) but I'm not sure DH is completely on board. Kids will be 10, 7, and 3 so we're looking at paying adult prices for the 10yo and having to actually pay for the 3yo for the first time so the trip will cost about twice what the last one did and I'm not sure we can save enough for it in the next year. If its not SB 2017 I guess it will be SB 2018 bc we pretty much refuse to go in the summer and SB is the only break the kids have from school that isn't at an absolute peak time since their SB is in early March and that tends to be earlier than most other places. This last time we went we took DD1 and DS out of school for a week (we went the week before T'giving) but I think DD1 is getting to old to do that without causing a huge problem with school. So, yes, very tentatively planning for 2017.

Planning on first week of May 2017!!!

Booked a split stay - 4 nights at Poly, 2 at AKL.

But may rebook if I can get a magical deal or DVC point rental.

How are you all booking trips into 2017 if not through DVC? The WDW website doesn't go past December 31st. I'd like to start working on a resort plan myself.

Anyone ever rent points? I know for the popular ones you need to try at 11 months out, pay in full and get trip insurance because there may be a no cancellation policy. We want to stay at GF, but if DVC would be cheaper, I can try that out! Or am I better off just booking at actual hotel? I really want to soak it all in there....
I have rented DVC points through David's twice and have another booked with them currently. Once you pay, there is no cancellation. The savings will spoil you....check it out with their online price calculator. It is much less than booking through Disney direct unless they have a special running.

We will be going in 2017! Shooting for end of Feb. I haven't been there in 15 years and my husband has never gone. We were looking last night just for an idea in prices and pretty sure we can swing it. Hoping to stay onsite at French Quarters. I'm so excited! Already started my spreadsheets on rides, Fast Passes, Dining. We are hoping to go for 5 days, 4 nights. One day at MK, one at Hollywood Studios and one day in Universal.
POFQ is a great resort, hope it works out for you!

You can do anything you put your mind to. I got a degree and changed careers in my 40s!

Is it worth getting a Disney Visa, do you think?
There is no annual fee for the basic Disney Visa, and it does come with some perks. One of the most popular is 0% interest for about 6 months on your Disney vacation.

How are you all booking trips into 2017 if not through DVC? The WDW website doesn't go past December 31st. I'd like to start working on a resort plan myself.
You can call Disney to book a room only reservation now. (499 days ahead I think)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter