• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super quick, just back this morning, sadly picture-less, happy-go-lucky trip report!

cheshiregoofy22

DIS Veteran
May 13 - May 20 at POP! High School Graduation Celebration trip (a year late for my son, two weeks early for my daughters...but hey, it's all good!)

5/13 Wednesday
Left Maine at 5:30 AM, arrived at MCO at 10:45 or so. One tiny wrong turn at the airport (my own fault for following the herd like a nincompoop sheep) and we were scanning our magic bands for the very first time at the Magic Express check in! Boarded our bus (POP and AoA shared) and we were off by 11:00 AM.

Received text confirming rooms were READY whilst on board (two rooms since there are five of us pretty much grown up people)! Woo HOO! I hadn't made any requests when I made the reservations, so... when we were given connecting rooms in Building 5 (60's section) back side, facing the lake, moments from the bridge to AoA, I was basically basking in pixie dust!

Pulled up to POP (after dropping off one family at AoA), gathered our carry-ons, found our rooms, scanned our bands and BOOM, we were in...11:45 AM! Rooms were in great shape - mickey head towels on the beds, Garden Grocer order delivered by bell services within 10 minutes of arrival, no more wonky hair dryers stuck to the wall (maybe they've been gone for a while, but it's been four years since we've been to WDW and we were happy to have real hair dryers in bags to plug in wherever you see fit...).
Life is good! pixiedust:

This is sounding like it's going to get too long so I'm going to attempt to summarize everything else! (fingers crossed)
Where we ate (no dining plan) DH, me, DDs 17, DS 19:
Day 1: TTNS (lemonade slushies); Aloha Isle (dole whips and floats); Cosmic Rays (dinner); and the Churro Wagon (churros....go figure) Total $$ spent = $84.56 Enjoyed many cups of free ice water!

What we rode:
FP+: 7DMT, Space Mountain, BTMRR
No FP: Winnie the Pooh, IASW, People Mover, Buzz Lightyear, HM, PofTC, Laugh Floor, Dumbo, Voyage of the Little Mermaid

We really enjoyed the smoothness of the Mine Train and it was a fun, albeit quick, ride. (My Pooh-sized-ness didn't interfere with my enjoyment either - yay!) ... and it makes BTMRR seem that much longer! Win win. Might not have felt the same way without the fp+ though.... The rest of our rides were pretty much walk on to ten minute wait at the most (despite the standby wait times reading 25 or 30 minutes...as others have noticed). For an arrival day especially, we were thrilled with what we accomplished! The crowds were much larger than we've ever seen in May (our last May trip was seven years back....so we expected as much) but everyone seemed to be just cruising around since the ride lines themselves seemed just as short to us as ever (for the old non-fastpass rides). And we had no wait at all for any of our food/snacks.

...and there I went getting all long again...eeeek....that's it for now. I'll come back with Day 2 shortly (and maybe short-er?)....:eek: :wave: Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter