Super Vaccine!

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
I think this is a safe topic...

...I just read in a scientific journal that a minority of people have a hyper-immune system with regards to all known strains of the Corona virus. Somewhere in the region of 7% I believe. You can catch the disease, but your immune system is so well designed to deal with it that you never actually get sick! They reckon they can adapt that into a universal vaccine for everyone, given time...

Here's hoping!

...I just read in a scientific journal that a minority of people have a hyper-immune system with regards to all known strains of the Corona virus. Somewhere in the region of 7% I believe. You can catch the disease, but your immune system is so well designed to deal with it that you never actually get sick! They reckon they can adapt that into a universal vaccine for everyone, given time...

Here's hoping!

I will give this three pages until it’s shut down.
I’m 51 I haven’t been sick since I had chicken pox when I was around 10 years old. I take care of my body eat right take a vitamin exercise. Yes someday I will get sick but you have to take care of your body if you want to try to stay healthy. I also go out in the cold about once a week with shorts on it’s good for your immune system

I’m 51 I haven’t been sick since I had chicken pox when I was around 10 years old. I take care of my body eat right take a vitamin exercise. Yes someday I will get sick but you have to take care of your body if you want to try to stay healthy. I also go out in the cold about once a week with shorts on it’s good for your immune system

Oh, I totally agree with you - look after your body and it will look after you :)

Strong immune systems are often the cause of misery. That's what an allergy is. Some of those with the worst common cold symptoms have overactive immune systems that throw a bunch of mostly useless things that damage the body more than the virus (which is actually quite mild).

This wouldn't be the first time that a natural immunity has introduced itself. The British Heart Foundation has identified that the Zebra Fish can rebuild its heart ON THE FLY! They hope that one day this could be adapted to human beings, increasing the chance for heart disease victims to repair and survive :)

Yes, this is due to diversity in all of our genes. This is why the human race hasn't been wiped out in the past. There are always (unless we somehow manipulate all genetics for all humans to be the same) going to be people that are naturally immune to a virus or bacteria. Then of course there are always going to be people (it can be a very small percentage but it always happens) that are able to fend off a virus or bacteria after getting infected and having the disease.

Hyper-immunity sounds interesting! Did the article indicate if it was a genetic trait or based on accumulating immunity over time and exposure to the "right" things? A universal vaccine would be unbelievably great!

Hyper-immunity sounds interesting! Did the article indicate if it was a genetic trait or based on accumulating immunity over time and exposure to the "right" things? A universal vaccine would be unbelievably great!

I fear it's not pending an immediate roll-out just yet... for the time being, a triple vaccination seems to be effective even against the Omicron variant, so things aren't as dire as they'd first appear to be :)

I fear it's not pending an immediate roll-out just yet... for the time being, a triple vaccination seems to be effective even against the Omicron variant, so things aren't as dire as they'd first appear to be :)

My only concern is that the effectiveness of the booster will wane after a couple of months like the first two did and we will be back to square one. Time will tell. Or likely a few months will tell.

now I will not disagree with you at all that eating right and getting sleep and exercise are so important! But I have to say that I have had a first hand glimpse at nature vs nurture in my house and I believe genetics also strongly influence our responses to illness. I have two kids who are biologically related, and one who is not. The two who are biologically related react to illnesses in the same way, that is they both seem to take forever to clear a respiratory virus, and when either of them get the stomach flu, they will throw up about fifteen times, have GI upset for days, and generally take a long time to bounce back. The child who is not biologically related to them hardly ever gets sick, and when she does, what “sick” looks like is a day of feeling tired, maybe a sniffle or two, and the two times in her whole life (compared to just about every year for her siblings) she had a stomach bug she threw up once each time and then was totally fine. They all have good hygiene and hand washing. And all my kids eat healthy balanced meals and love their fruits and vegetables, and especially when they were young were eating almost identical meals and snacks every day. As far as activity levels, we all bike and walk as a family, but the healthier child prefers activities like crafting, watching tv, and isn’t involved in sports (which is totally fine). The kids who have a harder time with illnesses enjoy running, tennis, and other physical activities. So I don’t think it’s a matter of “we get the health we deserve”, some people are just genetically blessed. I know there have been some studies even on blood type and response to illnesses. Again, I think a healthy lifestyle can only help, it’s great to do, but it doesn’t tell the whole picture.

Here's hoping!
I wonder if this is my youngest daughter. She rarely gets colds and has been closely exposed more than once to Covid and never got symptoms even when the rest of us did. She has always been the most healthy of all of my kids.

Dr. Robert Malone is the inventor of mRNA vaccine technology. He talks about Antibody Dependent Enhancement - which makes it sound as though a super vaccine would be much, much better than the subscription model.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter