super weird....tons of FP available during Spring Break

NashvilleMama

DIS Veteran
I did my math wrong and somehow miscalculated when my FP window would open for late March, and logged in at 7am this morning only to realize I could have booked yesterday - GAH! Panic!

But I had zero problem getting every single FP I wanted and there were loads of 7DMT and anything else I could have possibly needed, all throughout the days.

Is this not....weird? TouringPlans has these as 9/10 crowd days and I know it's a semi-popular time for spring breakers. I've never experienced this before. Should I take this as a good sign about crowd levels or is it just getting easier to make these FPs 60 days out?

no problem getting FoP either! I had my choice throughout the day we're there. And again, I was a whole day late in booking past my 60 day window....SO weird.

I booked today and had no trouble getting FOP.
no problem getting FoP either! I had my choice throughout the day we're there. And again, I was a whole day late in booking past my 60 day window....SO weird.
Yay! I am a little worried about that week, because we check in on Monday. I'd assume a lot of people coming for their spring break will be checking in the weekend before. Hopefully I'm worrying for nothing!

Thanks for reporting!

I did my math wrong and somehow miscalculated when my FP window would open for late March, and logged in at 7am this morning only to realize I could have booked yesterday - GAH! Panic!

But I had zero problem getting every single FP I wanted and there were loads of 7DMT and anything else I could have possibly needed, all throughout the days.

Is this not....weird? TouringPlans has these as 9/10 crowd days and I know it's a semi-popular time for spring breakers. I've never experienced this before. Should I take this as a good sign about crowd levels or is it just getting easier to make these FPs 60 days out?
I'm so glad to hear this! My FP day is tomorrow and I was getting a little worried!

So does this mean all the “rich” CL ppl didn’t end up buying all the FPs or has that not started yet?

Just curious, what dates are you going? I have a trip planned with friends for spring break 3/11-3/16 but we haven't done FPs yet because not everyone has a ticket yet.

We are going Feb 27-March 4 which is supposed to be really low crowds and I just barely got FOP for my 60+3 day. I'm not sure what's going on. They either released more FPs during spring break time or somehow the time I'm going is going to be busier than expected.

There is not 1 Spring Break week.
There are several. I know of 4 different weeks that schools are out in my general area, pretty much a different week throughout March
That spreads the crowds out significantly.
Otherwise, yes, FoP is the only ride that is hard to get at 60 days. Everything else is still around at 30 days. They release a lot of FP now

My Fastpass reservation day is this Tuesday. I'm going on Easter week--obviously predicted to be insanely crowded. However, my dining reservations were a breeze and I got some coveted reservations. Be Our Guest dinner, Ohana, 1900 Park Fare Easter Brunch, Chef Mickey's dinner and more with virtually no problem. That was next to impossible on the same week 3 years ago. I'm not sure what's up with spring break this year but I'm hopeful to have the same luck with fastpasses.

I just had the same thing! Have a trip during FL spring break and forgot to make my Fps first thing 60 days out. I went on Sunday night and easily got everything we wanted. When I booked the trip a few months ago with my DVC I was surprised to even get the Boardwalk, let alone a BWV during spring break. It's definitely weird!

Interesting.

I’m starting to get my plans lined up for a trip starting the day before Easter (March 31) that includes my two school teacher daughters who have their break that week. Our FP window opens next Tuesday and I’m hoping to get at least one FP for FOP because this will be their first chance to ride it. This report boosts my confidence that we will have a good chance to get something at a time that we want.

I’d be interested to hear what others are getting for FOP as their windows for late March open up.

Good to hear. How many days after your arrival day was your DAK day? If your window opened on Monday, is your arrival on Friday, March 23?

Good to hear. How many days after your arrival day was your DAK day? If your window opened on Monday, is your arrival on Friday, March 23?
I booked my fast passes this morning right at 7. Our trip is only going to be 2 days at the parks the week before Easter as we are primarily going for a beach vacation. FOP fast passes were available for day 1 of my trip! I was completely shocked. I had planned on having to go at 6 AM to AK in order to ride it. My family will be so thrilled that we can sleep in a little!:)

I booked my FP this morning and got everything we wanted even with a couple of site crashes. Oh, Headless Olaf...:sad2: There were tons of times available for everything though! Now back to bed for an hour or two. It's 4:45am here and I've been up since 3:45am. :faint:

Interesting.

I’m starting to get my plans lined up for a trip starting the day before Easter (March 31) that includes my two school teacher daughters who have their break that week. Our FP window opens next Tuesday and I’m hoping to get at least one FP for FOP because this will be their first chance to ride it. This report boosts my confidence that we will have a good chance to get something at a time that we want.

I’d be interested to hear what others are getting for FOP as their windows for late March open up.
We'll be there the same week, but arriving on Friday 3/30. My FP window opens on Monday, so I'm hopeful for great selections as well. I'm going to start with FOP on our 6th day, so I should be able to get those.

Is it perhaps because there will be extended hours and full staffing/capacity?

I had no trouble with FP’s either (week before Easter trip.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter