Superbowl Cavalcade?

bwvBound

DVC SSR & other timeshare
So ... any guesses if DL will have a Super Bowl Cavalcade? If so, would this be 2/14 (the immediate date following)?

I don't think it matters who wins; I believe it's all about proximity to where the game is played. This year it's in CA so DLR should host the MVP parade - assuming there even is one due to Covid/Omicron, etc.

I went to the last SuperBowl DLR parade which was in 2016, as that game was played in Levi Stadium in Santa Clara. I got some great photos of Peyton Manning, who, although he wasn't the MVP (that was Von Miller), was the one who had the parade at Disneyland. Maybe because Peyton has young kids; I'm not really sure.

I had always heard it depended if the winning team was from East or West of the Mississippi. So if the Bengals won, it would be in WDW.

Last edited:

Blergh, we will be there the whole weekend and had no idea about the scheduled events (January 20 is a bit late for Disneyland to post) and were actually hoping people would stay away Sunday and watch at home since the Rams were playing but if there's going to be viewing areas, maybe not. I suppose the possible upside is that there may be more people in the park who have no interest in the rides and are just there for ESPN stuff. I do wonder how all of the activity at Paradise Bay is going to affect the Lunar New Year festivities and the processional. It's the last weekend of the Lunar New Year and a bunch of ESPN paraphernalia there seems like it would significantly detract from that.

Last edited:
It’s always packed Super Bowl Sunday. Everyone thinks everyone else will be watching the game so it’s usually one of the busiest days in Feb and definitely the busiest Sunday in February.

I had always heard it depended if the winning team was from East or West of the Mississippi. So if the Bengals won, it would be in WDW.

If that were true, then in 2015 when the Patriots won the MVP would've gone to WDW, but the game was played in AZ and Julian Edelman & Malcolm Butler went to DLR.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...nd-malcom-butler-coming-to-disneyland-resort/
In 2014 when the Denver Broncos played the Seattle Seahawks, but the MVP Malcolm Smith (playing for Seattle) went to WDW, because the game was played in NJ.
https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ld-hours-after-seahawks-nfl-championship-win/
Eli Manning was the MVP for the NY Giants in 2008 and was in the parade at Disneyland because the game was played in AZ that year. Fun fact: his parade was actually in MAY because severe weather/airport delays prevented it from happening the day after the game, but it was still in Disneyland.
https://www.ocregister.com/2008/05/07/super-bowl-mvp-eli-manning-parades-down-main-street/
(Eli got to go to WDW when the Giants won the Super Bowl again in 2012; that year the game was in IN) 8-)

It's much easier to get the player to whichever theme park is on the side of the country the Super Bowl is played on.

To be fair, it's hard to find a West Coast Super Bowl team in the past dozen years or so. But the games have largely been played on the East Coast as well. :cheer2:

Sorry - I'm bizarrely obsessed with this tradition and parade!

Last edited:

The only system for determining this is what ever works for the players. It may occur on the day after the game or it might be a day later than that. It could be at DL or at WDW, again according to what the players wants.

It was awesome!! Such a beautiful day -- and great fun! The cavalcade started from Small World at 1:15p and worked its way towards Main Street. The curbs along Main Street were blocked off for specially invited attendees (the section was also filmed). We found great spots closer to the Castle. Our entire day flowed perfectly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter