Superman news: Bryan Cranston (from "Breaking Bad") reportedly cast as Lex Luthor

Since the website that first reported that apparently made it up, I'd wait until it was actually confirmed by the studio...

I liked the Affleck news but I'm not excited about the rumor of Cranston, even though I like him a lot.

He has an almost cult following for his Breaking Bad work and I'm not certain how it will work with him so quickly cast as another bald bad guy (I know he's technically the protagonist of BB but the whole show is about him becoming "bad"). I also don't like him being that much older than Superman. I would have rather seen him cast as Commissioner Gordon; he did a great job voicing the role in Batman: Year One.

I'm not surprised at the backlash against Affleck but I think he will do well in the role, and might contribute greatly to the DC franchise with script input and possibly directing in the future. He has great respect for the source material and a lot of pull in Hollywood right now (if not with internet fanboys), and could be the anchor they need. People forget how Robert Downey, Jr. couldn't even get work before Ironman; Jon Favreau had to stick up for him against Disney.

It could go either way for me...but I think he could pull it off if it actually happens.

I hope its true. I think he'd do well as either Lex or Commissioner Gordon. But in all honesty I hope that Gordon isn't in the movie. Its a Superman movie after all. I think that we can do without having Gordon. His age is a little concerning but Lois Lane is older than she was when she first met Clark in the comics(even Clark is 33). They were looking for an older actor to be Batman(reportedly). So I think they are looking to have all the other characters be older and established.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter