Supermarket Sweep "The Original 90's version"

DodgerGirl

Crazy For The Mandalorian
I love to see Tubi every day and I was just looking at what Tubi had to offer and to my surprise I discovered a Supermarket Sweep channel on Tubi and it is the classic 90's version that originally aired on Lifetime and it has become my favorite Tubi show ever since and I would like to know if you remember watching the 90's Supermarket Sweep when it was on TV? My mom and I used to LOVE watching it every time it came on and Supermarket Sweep was such a fun show and really exciting especially the bonus round when the teams would go crazy and dance around when they won the money. And they also did theme weeks too such as the famous Sweep Of Champions where previous teams played for a second chance. I don't know why ABC had ruined this show with Leslie Jones as the star but the original star David Ruprecht was so funny and cool as the host. Go to the Tubi app and see what a great fun show this is because like me you'll be hooked
Dodger

I promise I'm not stalking you this morning and answering your questions lol - I used to watch the original. Am I dreaming or did they sometimes pick up huge inflatable items like a big bottle of Heinz ketchup?

Yes Supermarket Sweep used to refer to those items as bonuses and I thought they were cute whenever I would see them when I watched the show as a kid

Supermarket Sweep is an amazing show and probably one of my favorite game shows! In addition to Tubi, some episodes were available on streaming on Netflix, and there's several YouTube channels that have a lot of the episodes uploaded and available to watch. Here's one I had found in the past: https://www.youtube.com/c/SupermarketSweepFans/videos

I watched the first two episodes of the Leslie Jones version and it was absolutely horrific. I'll never watch that again but can watch hours of trying to guess products I never heard of since I'm on the east coast :P

I honestly don't remember the original version. However, too many newer talk shows get these over-the-top comedians who try too hard to be funny. They think we are going to fall over laughing everytime they say something or make the show more about themselves instead of the actual show. The host shouldn't be the focus of the show.

I watched it back in the 90s. It was definitely a fun show and I always thought it would be such fun to run through the market doing the shop.

Loved this show and did not realize there was a new version. I will have to look for Tubi.

I LOVED Supermarket sweep! So much so, that my first job when I was 16 my first job was at a grocery store. Even now when I go shopping I think what fun it would be to run the aisles like they do on the show!

I remember watching the original B&W version of Supermarket Sweep on TV in the 1960s as a child! They were filmed in actual Food Fair stores then

One of my Disney College Program roommates, way back in the summer of 2000, had been on Supermarket Sweep in the late 90s.

Loved this show and did not realize there was a new version. I will have to look for Tubi.
When you're on Tubi go down to the section that's free live TV and you'll see the Supermarket Sweep channel listed and watch it on Tubi and it's one episode after the other with few commercials and it's so cool
Hope you can find it Dcassetta,
Dodger

Yes! I wanted to be on it. Going down the meat section at Costco makes me want to run grabbing the most expensive cuts and tossing them in.

My oldest son and I used to LOVE, LOVE Supermarket Sweep. We loved and watched tons of game shows . We'd sit and plan our attack if we ever got a chance to go on and do the big sweep. Spent a lot of time daydreaming about what all we’d grab. We just loved that show. I watch the new show, I like Leslie Jones a lot as a comedian/ actress , but don’t like all of the setup, production etc on the show, especially w all the other grocery workers. I still love watching the teams shop and go for the big money

My oldest son and I used to LOVE, LOVE Supermarket Sweep. We loved and watched tons of game shows . We'd sit and plan our attack if we ever got a chance to go on and do the big sweep. Spent a lot of time daydreaming about what all we’d grab. We just loved that show. I watch the new show, I like Leslie Jones a lot as a comedian/ actress , but don’t like all of the setup, production etc on the show, especially w all the other grocery workers. I still love watching the teams shop and go for the big money
So did me and my mom too Skywalker3 and each time we watched it I always fantasized about getting Mom and Dad as a team on Supermarket Sweep and Mom said that she would let Dad run like wild on the Big Sweep and they would win the money as well. Supermarket Sweep was also seen on PAX TV too and Mom and I continued to watch it even when it was on PAX

i preferred 'door knock dinners'. i would have loved to have them show up.

I loved the 90’s version. I watched every episode with my mom. I had always hoped they would do another, updated version but I’m not a fan of the new one.

Every time I buy a ham or turkey around the holidays,I think of people throwing the giant things of meat in their cart. Such a fun show. Would love to be on it.

I think this was the show that I used to watch with my mom back when I was in primary school in the 90s!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter