Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering when this would happen. We are still booked for our spring break/April trip but it's more and more likely that we will cancel. (we have up y a week before to cancel our hotel.)

It was a matter of time. I fully expected this.
So awful for those with long-planned vacations, but it's safer in the long run.
Imagine the logistics nightmare for the staff there. Not to mention the short term unemployment claims that are being filed from all over.

So many people will be negatively impacted financially. Those Disney workers do not make a lot of money. No hours is going to wipe out those who live paycheck to paycheck.
Disney states they will pay the employees during this closure.

They better do right by annual pass holders as well. Was planning on going on Saturday.

Has anyone seen any info on this? Will our passes be extended by the length of any closures? I was actually considering making a spontaneous trip this week fully expecting them to close in a couple weeks. I'm only surprised it happened so suddenly with barely a day's notice!

Has anyone seen any info on this? Will our passes be extended by the length of any closures? I was actually considering making a spontaneous trip this week fully expecting them to close in a couple weeks. I'm only surprised it happened so suddenly with barely a day's notice!
The news of the closure was released just minutes ago. I assume some kind of statement will come regarding APs.

It was a matter of time. I fully expected this.
So awful for those with long-planned vacations, but it's safer in the long run.
Imagine the logistics nightmare for the staff there. Not to mention the short term unemployment claims that are being filed from all over.

So many people will be negatively impacted financially. Those Disney workers do not make a lot of money. No hours is going to wipe out those who live paycheck to paycheck.
The message from Disney says they will pay the employees. No unemployment or out of work people.

Wow... I did suspect something like that would happen...

I live in Germany so Italy is pretty close and it is awful there... and it doesn’t look like it won’t be as bad in other countries including the US... if this step will look like an overreaction in a couple of weeks I will be very happy for all of you living in the US! It is certainly better to act sooner than later... I am very glad Disney our public health over money...(and that they continue to pay the CM...)

but wow... I feel sad for all of you who planned vacations for a long time and can’t go now...but vacation can be rescheduled ...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter