Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say Disneyland was to be open June 1st.... when would you speculate they would make this announcement? I mean who really knows at this point. I just wish we had answers on any of this though.

Say Disneyland was to be open June 1st.... when would you speculate they would make this announcement? I mean who really knows at this point. I just wish we had answers on any of this though.
As close as possible they can to the date. Disney waited until roughly a week out from April 1st to make the last announcement. They are not going to want to make any announcement prematurely.

Can somebody help clarify Disneyland's statement regarding unused theme park tickets: "Unused single day tickets and wholly unused multi-day tickets are valid for a future visit through the end of their respective validity period..."
What exactly is the validity period for a ticket? We have 3-day park hoppers that we did not use for our previously planned March trip, and the tickets state that they are valid through January 2021. Does this mean they are valid through the end of 2021? I think the original statement Disneyland actually put dates tickets are valid until, but updated with this wording.

Also, if our tickets are indeed only valid until Jan 2021, but we can't visit until after that date, I know we can apply these tickets to the price of new tickets. However, we got these tickets through LMTC. Does this mean that we would need to pay the difference between what we paid and next year's price, or the difference between this year's gate price and next year's price?

It's all about timing. The day after we call they started the 30% discount on rooms. Thankfully the team member I spoke to was very accommodating and we were able to re-book at a much better rate.

This craziness should be over by October.....right???
It better be! At the rate of exhaustion I’m running right now I think I’m aging 3 months/week! I’ll need an ECV for my trip if this keeps up until Oct!

Screenshot_20200402-150201.pngHas anyone else got one of these emails? I wonder what the farthest date out that someone has gotten this for. We were booked the 20-25

Can somebody help clarify Disneyland's statement regarding unused theme park tickets: "Unused single day tickets and wholly unused multi-day tickets are valid for a future visit through the end of their respective validity period..."
What exactly is the validity period for a ticket? We have 3-day park hoppers that we did not use for our previously planned March trip, and the tickets state that they are valid through January 2021. Does this mean they are valid through the end of 2021? I think the original statement Disneyland actually put dates tickets are valid until, but updated with this wording.

Also, if our tickets are indeed only valid until Jan 2021, but we can't visit until after that date, I know we can apply these tickets to the price of new tickets. However, we got these tickets through LMTC. Does this mean that we would need to pay the difference between what we paid and next year's price, or the difference between this year's gate price and next year's price?
Your tickets are only valid until Jan 12, 2021. Yes, this is a change from what Disney posted last week (really not cool). Most of the time LMTC tickets are credited at full price, meaning full price at the time they were purchased. I'm guessing since your tickets expire in Jan 21, you purchased before the last increase, so you would likely be credited the 2019 price.

Especially after Iger’s and Chapek’s pay cuts... set it up for the CM furloughs to follow shortly after.

Totally. Plus when they said they were paying CMs until the 18th when we knew they weren’t opening April 18, I think we all knew this was coming. I just feel so badly for everyone involved. I feel like we are living in a horror movie and we can’t get to the end.

I'm disappointed that the extension on multi-day tickets is still being denied. Why did they give us all of 2021 to use our tickets and then take it away? I bought five-day park hoppers for my whole family, and now I will have a small window of time to use them. Annual passes extended, Canada tickets extended, normal multi-day tickets not extended. I don't understand why they would single out the regular ticket holders.

Do post back here when you hear about DVC. How and when those points get deposited makes all the difference between useful and useless points, unfortunately.

hopefully they’ll let you rebank to next UY even if they were borrowed/banked already
Sorry I haven't replied prior to now. Front desk assured me my points would be returned to me. Turns out they submitted the paperwork but only requested that 80 points be returned to me rather than the total 110 that I should have gotten back. DVC Member Services acknowledges that 110 should have been returned but says they can not do anything until such time as the Grand Californian reopens and they can speak with the individual who submitted the paperwork. So I am currently out 30 points that have to be used prior to July 31 since they were banked points and I am unable to try to make a reservation since they refuse to return the points to me at this time. At this time my banked points from prior use year will expire July 31. I did get back the current year points and was able to bank those into next year. I still have 46 expiring plus the missing 30 so a total of 76 banked that I may end up losing if they don't resolve this soon. If the resorts don't open before the points expire I know I would end up losing them anyway but I'd at least like to actually have them back in my account so I could have a shot at making a new reservation.

I'm disappointed that the extension on multi-day tickets is still being denied. Why did they give us all of 2021 to use our tickets and then take it away? I bought five-day park hoppers for my whole family, and now I will have a small window of time to use them. Annual passes extended, Canada tickets extended, normal multi-day tickets not extended. I don't understand why they would single out the regular ticket holders.

I totally agree.

So, our timeshare points expire June 1, no matter what. I can exchange them through RCI and keep them for another two years, but I'd have to pay the exchange fee as of right now. The hotel (Peacock) reopens 5/16 (currently). If they wind up cancelling us, I can exchange the points for free. So I'm hanging with our Memorial Day plans for now.

I really hope that things do reopen by then. I'm paying for my BFF and her DD's room with the points that are expiring because we'll lose them otherwise. It'll be a lot harder to justify giving them this year's points that are in no jeopardy.

I'm sorry if this was answered elsewhere and I've missed it:

I have 4 unused three-day parkhoppers that I had originally intended to use in June. I purchased through UCT if that makes a difference.

The expiration date printed on them is January 2021.

Anyone know whether that date will be extended? If I end up having to cancel June, I am not sure when I can get the whole family together again at the same time.

I'm too scared to look forward to our now-August trip. I can't watch the ride videos, or eat the Mickey snacks, or do any trip planning at all. I planned every second of this trip--Disneybounding, menu research, ROTR strategy--for 11 months before the rug was ripped out two weeks before we were supposed to leave. Seeing Disney stuff just makes me sad all over. No one knows when this park is reopening, or whether it will have to close again right away. This time, I'm planning and anticipating nothing. We will pack the night before and tell our child as we walk out the door, if we are able to go at all.

(((Big Hugs)))
We all understand how you feel. Hang in there, this too, shall pass and make any trip to Disneyland much sweeter.

Reactions: EmJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter