• Controversial Topics Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the DLR AP line on Sunday and asked if they are using the DLR or WDW closure dates for the Premier Pass and the CM told me that she was only given the information pertaining to the DLR closure. I expect I will get a similar answer if I called WDW and asked the same question.

I think until Disney releases something specific to Premier Passholders we're going to be left in the information void.

Thanks for the update. I have not been able to call to ask. Guess it will continue to be a waiting game.

I was able to add nights also when I rebooked, and all nights received the discount and resort credit. The CM specifically said they were unsure if parking would be allowed on the resort credit. They told me to charge meals to the room with my room key. I have never done this at DLR, but we do it all the time with Magic Bands at WDW, so I guess it is the same. Just keep in mind that the last day for the room discount AND room credit is 10/3, whereas the last day for the resort credit only is 12/30.
That is wildly valuable even just for the resort credit!! A four night stay would be worth $200 and that would easily be a Blue Bayou dinner for two and a good portion of a Carthay Circle meal for two!

I really wonder if they’ll extend that offer to bookings that are taking place now but being canceled? Has anyone booked for the first time for May and been canceled by Disney? Did you get this discount/credit extended to you? (To be clear, you did NOT have an existing booking before Disney closed. You booked for April/May after Disney closed and then Disney had to cancel your reservation because the closure extended.)

That is wildly valuable even just for the resort credit!! A four night stay would be worth $200 and that would easily be a Blue Bayou dinner for two and a good portion of a Carthay Circle meal for two!

I really wonder if they’ll extend that offer to bookings that are taking place now but being canceled? Has anyone booked for the first time for May and been canceled by Disney? Did you get this discount/credit extended to you? (To be clear, you did NOT have an existing booking before Disney closed. You booked for April/May after Disney closed and then Disney had to cancel your reservation because the closure extended.)
Yes, I booked a May trip after the March closure, and when it canceled, they moved it to June 19th, and gave me the offer.

Has anyone heard that Disneyland is going to have an extension on etickets purchased before they closed? We purchased 5 day park hoppers to use in June. We purchased them back in February. Not sure if we will go before January 2021. It will all depend on how open everything is. I just wondered if anyone knew about extending the experation. Thanks.

First two paragraphs from this morning's LA Times article:

Los Angeles County’s stay-at-home orders will “with all certainty” be extended for the next three months, county Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer acknowledged during a Board of Supervisors meeting Tuesday.

Although county health officer Dr. Muntu Davis has not issued an official extension, Ferrer said that timeline would shorten only if there was a “dramatic change to the virus and tools at hand.”

https://www.latimes.com/california/...pen-los-angeles-county-move-toward-new-normal
This will probably have some influence on Orange County officials' recommendations/orders...

My husband was confident that Disneyland will re-open by Labor Day...I think it's very iffy.

Dr. Ferrer's comment to the Board of Supervisors was supposedly taken out of context when reported by the media. She addressed that in today's update.

LA County is pressing forward with slowly reopening businesses.
I don't listen to the Orange County update, but Newsom has said the pace of re-openings may vary from region to region. If OC's numbers are good and they can present a plan that fits the guidelines, they may be able to open more quickly than LA County.

The first 2 weeks of the closure they extended expirations on all mulitday tickets until the end of 2021. Then they took that back and stated that all tickets would revert back to their original expiration dates. If this displeases you (as it does me), I would encourage you to email Disney and let them know.

The only facts I've read:

1) Shanghai DL is not accepting general admission tickets during their limited capacity reopening. They have an extension policy for the tickets that "matches the annual pass extension program." They said detailed policy would be emailed out and I haven't seen that in writing yet. Of course Shanghai policy may have nothing in common with Anaheim.

2) The most recent DL Anaheim announcement states they reserve the right to cancel admission media and offer refunds. It's unclear which media, if any, this may affect.

3) Your tickets only expire at their current terms/price. The value paid remains past expiration date, and you can exchange them for then-current tickets/prices at the booth. Unless they are voided/refunded by #2 first.

Dr. Ferrer's comment to the Board of Supervisors was supposedly taken out of context when reported by the media. She addressed that in today's update.

LA County is pressing forward with slowly reopening businesses.
I don't listen to the Orange County update, but Newsom has said the pace of re-openings may vary from region to region. If OC's numbers are good and they can present a plan that fits the guidelines, they may be able to open more quickly than LA County.
heard on the radio today LA wants to extend the shelter at home order through september. Not sure how this will affect the OC.

The first 2 weeks of the closure they extended expirations on all mulitday tickets until the end of 2021. Then they took that back and stated that all tickets would revert back to their original expiration dates. If this displeases you (as it does me), I would encourage you to email Disney and let them know.
I ended up calling Disneyland yesterday and they told me the opposite. They said that etickets will be extended until January 2022. Guess I need to call again to confirm.

Is DTD accessible to just walk through or to take pictures? I'm guessing no but a friend hs taken a picture of their kid there annually so was just wondering. Thanks!

I ended up calling Disneyland yesterday and they told me the opposite. They said that etickets will be extended until January 2022. Guess I need to call again to confirm.
Interesting. When I called I was told my etickets would expire by Jan 2021 since I purchased them in 2019 at the old prices, before the price increase. Whatever happens, at least I know the tickets hold their value.

Interesting. When I called I was told my etickets would expire by Jan 2021 since I purchased them in 2019 at the old prices, before the price increase. Whatever happens, at least I know the tickets hold their value.
I'm in the same boat. I specifically bought early because I knew the price increase was coming. If I have to pay it anyway (PLUS next year's probable increase), I'll be pretty ticked off.

She said the site won’t be updated until the park reopens.
Taking that CM info with the proverbial grain of salt. The last time the DLR Closure information was updated on the website and the app was 5/08/20. It has been updated a few times since the parks closed on 3/14/20. It is possible there won't be any more updates until the parks reopen, but given that there have already been a few updates, it seems possible that there could be at least one more update to the Closure information before July or August (or whenever the parks reopen).
If anyone notices any changes to the ticket expiration information on the app or the website, please post here!
ETA: DLR website and app updated 5/20/20.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter