Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not I think that it is not right. Full rate paying tourists pay out the nose to go to Disneyland. Most of them just can't go another time. Work has to be taken off, you have to have someone watch your house, there are school schedules and other schedules in life. If you live in Seattle or Boise or Portland or wherever it takes a lot of sacrifice to do a Disney trip. It is a BIG deal to go. It is very reasonable for a tourist to buy their park tickets ahead of time; there are reasons to do so.

Not to mention that many airfares aren't refundable. It looks like travel insurance isn't covering this Coronavirius thing.

I hope Disney does what is right for their full rate paying customers.

There are some extreme and perhaps even uninformed comments being made on this post, so I am going to leave what @theluckyrabbit said in another related thread right here:

“This is understandably a sensitive and stressful topic for many people, so let's all try to keep our posts calm and level headed. None of us like uncertainty, and we all want more information. But this isn't a great place to vent or to go to extremes. Some people need very little to start to panic, and we really don't want to start that.
For those of you who are trying hard to post with common sense and clear heads, trying to stay positive while being realistic, thank you.”

It's also a nice time to remind folks the DIS has an ignore feature *LOL I just realized this might look like I'm shading you @kristensideaoffun I swear I'm not! I literally just remembered this* so if you see a user saying something that you just want to slam like it's Facebook around here consider clicking on their name and hitting "ignore". They won't know you did that and you will won't be tempted to respond.

It's certainly helped me hold my tongue! :D

So far, Disneyland only mentions refunds for people who have booked a hotel but Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong all have refunds and options to change/extend the expiration date on tickets so I expect Disneyland to do the same.

It's also a nice time to remind folks the DIS has an ignore feature *LOL I just realized this might look like I'm shading you @kristensideaoffun I swear I'm not! I literally just remembered this* so if you see a user saying something that you just want to slam like it's Facebook around here consider clicking on their name and hitting "ignore". They won't know you did that and you will won't be tempted to respond.

I have definitely used this function today! Thanks for the friendly reminder!!!!!!

Haha I didn’t feel the shade. I already hit the ignore button before I posted my earlier comment. I think this is a great thread for people commiserate about their trip cancellations, I’d hate to see it spiral into message after message of panic and/or misinformation. 😉

I had no idea this existed. Thank you! Already made solid use of it.

I'm hoping they extend the expiration date on our tickets! We were going to go in two weeks...and it'd be nice to be able to use my tickets next spring break instead..but currently they say they expire January 2021.

I have definitely used this function today! Thanks for the friendly reminder!!!!!!
I had no idea this existed. Thank you! Already made solid use of it.

I had no idea we had that here, either. In fact just yesterday I was wondering about it, but then forgot and never looked into it. So thank you!!

If not I think that it is not right. Full rate paying tourists pay out the nose to go to Disneyland. Most of them just can't go another time. Work has to be taken off, you have to have someone watch your house, there are school schedules and other schedules in life. If you live in Seattle or Boise or Portland or wherever it takes a lot of sacrifice to do a Disney trip. It is a BIG deal to go. It is very reasonable for a tourist to buy their park tickets ahead of time; there are reasons to do so.

Not to mention that many airfares aren't refundable. It looks like travel insurance isn't covering this Coronavirius thing.

I hope Disney does what is right for their full rate paying customers.

If cancellation insurance was purchased prior to today I'm thinking it would be a covered issue. Now though probably not.

As for the rest of it... I'm not sure. I think they might extend the validity of the tickets/passes and there is always 'use for future credit'.

Actually, all of the shut downs will put us at far greater risks in the long run, Disney is paying their cast members, so they should be ok; however, many other companies either won't or simply can't do the same. This is going to result in loss of homes, jobs, etc., which will ultimately end in more disease and deaths than if we had simply let this run its course.

That is a big stretch. Huge. What is more likely to cause disease and death is the system being flooded with sick people all at once.

I'm trying so hard not to cry. I know it's for the best, but I have been so looking forward to this after so much bad news in my personal and professional life. I emotionally needed this trip more than I can possibly express in words.

Looking like my mom's district MAYBE closing as of Monday (a week before scheduled spring break). All of SF is basically shut down at this point. We did all our interviews via Skype for work and one person works at one of the theatres in the city. A show that was supposed to run through April was officially shut down last night.

I've tried a few times to get through to AP guest services to ask if AP expiration dates will be extended by the length of the closure. Each time I got a fast busy signal. I suspect their phones have been disabled or something in view of the presumed avalanche of guest questions. Perhaps I'll try again later.

Thank you for trying. It's something I'm interested in as well.

I get it's for safety. I understand. But I can't just move this trip. It takes planning and taking time off. I'm trying to set myself up to be disappointed for Easter too. It's not like this is a day or two closure. This is an extended period of time that is cancelling entire trips for non locals that can't be rescheduled as soon as the parks reopen. I'd be even more upset if I was closer to my expiration on my AP.

I am so hoping for a courtesy extension. Won't actually do me much good considering my mom's schedule around the time our passes expire, but it would be a very nice and customer friendly gesture to those who are not locals and did have to cancel.

I'm not bothering phone lines for now since I know they're being slammed. Just hoping if someone gets an answer to this they post it here.

It's also a nice time to remind folks the DIS has an ignore feature *LOL I just realized this might look like I'm shading you kristensideaoffun I swear I'm not! I literally just remembered this* so if you see a user saying something that you just want to slam like it's Facebook around here consider clicking on their name and hitting "ignore". They won't know you did that and you will won't be tempted to respond.

I have used ignore only twice since joining DIS. I used it for the second time ever last night on someone who I've never seen anything but unhelpful, combative posts from. It really does help not seeing them to remove temptation! Because I am tempted. Only thing I wish is it didn't show that anything is even ignored. I just want full block out. I am grateful for the feature, though, because frankly I don't have that much self control when someone is being awful.

For the people that are booked through until the resort reopens, how will rebookings be handled? If you had a discounted room, will you get the same rate if you go later? We had a special rate for Dapper Days next month. If the resort is still closed, will they honor the rate we originally had?

With this closure.. I wonder how this is going to work for people who are currently there and were set to stay through the weekend. Is there going to be a mass exodus of people? Do people at the onsite hotels have to leave?

As far as I have read people have until Monday to leave the Disneyland Hotels, I imagine it's going to be really stressful for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter