Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all well aware of the overreaching effects of this virus. There’s no need to jump down her throat.

"We?" The majority of postings I've read are completely ignorant toward the upcoming chaos. I'm not jumping down anybody's throat, but some people need to be aware that tough times are ahead of us; some people will hurt much worse than others. At Disneyland, once things settle down, we can look forward to (potentially heavy) discounting and other incentives, and lighter crowds and expected/planned projects to be shelved indefinitely. The wheels completely fell off the bus last week, and it could be years before the repair is made.

Personally, I think history will reflect shamefully upon the unwarranted (IMO) mass hysteria that's been unleashed upon us.

"We?" The majority of postings I've read are completely ignorant toward the upcoming chaos. I'm not jumping down anybody's throat, but some people need to be aware that tough times are ahead of us; some people will hurt much worse than others. At Disneyland, once things settle down, we can look forward to (potentially heavy) discounting and other incentives, and lighter crowds and expected/planned projects to be shelved indefinitely. The wheels completely fell off the bus last week, and it could be years before the repair is made.

Personally, I think history will reflect shamefully upon the unwarranted (IMO) mass hysteria that's been unleashed upon us.

Italy.

Prego.

Italy.

Prego.

...except that Italy has one of the oldest population's in the world, and most of the people succumbing to the disease are in their 80s and 90s. Look at the Grand Princess -- so far, it appears that the severe illnesses/deaths are limited to those 70+, most/all of whom had underlying health conditions. While we should be protecting the elderly/sick, I wouldn't be surprised if history reflects negatively upon the mass hysteria. Time will tell.

...except that Italy has one of the oldest population's in the world, and most of the people succumbing to the disease are in their 80s and 90s. Look at the Grand Princess -- so far, it appears that the severe illnesses/deaths are limited to those 70+, most/all of whom had underlying health conditions. While we should be protecting the elderly/sick, I wouldn't be surprised if history reflects negatively upon the mass hysteria. Time will tell.
While the people dying from COVID are older, not having available medical care for the cold and flu that kills every age group, not to mention other things like heart attacks/strokes, asthma, broken bones, car crashes etc. etc. etc. overwhelming our already burdened medical system with this virus is also going to be devastating, including in economic ways.

If cancelling everything for a while stops that from happening, we'll be much farther ahead of this than having a virus ravage our country, which will also cause major economic hardships. Yes, this halting of business, schools, activities is going to be hard and will take a long time to recover from, but this would be far worse if we didn't do those things.

Killing off a large portion of our elderly and infirm isn't going to be good for the US either.

Passholders: Check the app. Disney has extended passes already. My original expiration date was March 30, it is now April 30.
They might only be doing it for those to expire during the closure. Mine still shows the original date.

Both in the app and online my expiration date hasn't changed yet. But it's not until the end of October 2020

Mine still shows the original date. Hoping that they post something official about the extension like WDW . I have a Premier so I have a feeling I’m going to have to make a call to get the extra weeks.

At the very least I wonder if I’ll get an extension since I have the dual pass or if I’m out of luck until DL goes official it seems?

Both in the app and online my expiration date hasn't changed yet. But it's not until the end of October 2020
Yeah, don't see an update on my date yet. 12/29/2020 is my original. It's probably correct they're doing the ones that expire during the closure first.
Mine still shows the original date as well!
Mine still shows the original date. Hoping that they post something official about the extension like WDW . I have a Premier so I have a feeling I’m going to have to make a call to get the extra weeks.

At the very least I wonder if I’ll get an extension since I have the dual pass or if I’m out of luck until DL goes official it seems?
Keep a look out. Maybe they are doing it in the order for expiration. I’m curious to see if they do it equally for everyone since the original statement on the extension was vague.

Come on folks. Be kind to one another.
Don't mess with people's coping mechanisms.
Some people are very cavalier about this, think it's a lot of hype. Others take it extremely serious. And everywhere in between.

Reading these boards and the reactions to the parks closing is a trip. I'm talking tears and devastation! I'm not close to that but I get it. This is a huge part of some people's lives and it's LITERALLY affecting their emotional well being. Like I said, I get it, I respect it.

My personal thought is that this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. I hope I'm wrong.

In the meantime, there's lots of other stuff to do and read and watch. These are very strange times.

Come on folks. Be kind to one another.
Don't mess with people's coping mechanisms.
Some people are very cavalier about this, think it's a lot of hype. Others take it extremely serious. And everywhere in between.

Reading these boards and the reactions to the parks closing is a trip. I'm talking tears and devastation! I'm not close to that but I get it. This is a huge part of some people's lives and it's LITERALLY affecting their emotional well being. Like I said, I get it, I respect it.

My personal thought is that this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. I hope I'm wrong.

In the meantime, there's lots of other stuff to do and read and watch. These are very strange times.

Well said.

I got an email from Disney Destinations yesterday they are extending APs based on pass type for the days missed. It said that expiration dates would change prior to reopening. I’m Deluxe so I think if they open on 4/1 I will get 15 more days based on good to go days that I will have missed.

Last edited:
I still can't get confirmation on this. We were going for Dapper Days. We were told we'd get a full refund (I paid the hotel in full). My question is, if the resort remains closed, what happens to the discounted rate we got at GCH? Will Disney honor it when the resort reopens? Not interested in a refund. We just want the rate we got.

More than likely you will not get the rate unless Dapper Days is rescheduled and you rebook during the rescheduled Dapper Days. The discount is for Dapper Days attendees. No Dapper Days, no discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter