Superthread for Disneyland Resort Closure and Reopening, 3/14/20 - 7/17/20: Please Post All Relevant Questions and Information Here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still can't get confirmation on this. We were going for Dapper Days. We were told we'd get a full refund (I paid the hotel in full). My question is, if the resort remains closed, what happens to the discounted rate we got at GCH? Will Disney honor it when the resort reopens? Not interested in a refund. We just want the rate we got.
I think the answer is no. Unless you reschedule around the next dapper days event.

Wow! I hope he’s OK! That’s a high fever. If it’s COVID-19 the good news is kids seem to fight it off really well. Sending prayers too you! I also have a 5-year-old son.
Thank you. We had to leave our house tonight... to go to the ER. His fever hit 106.4. I didn't even know that was possible. Our pediatrician sent us, but they can't do anything for him. Just Motrin, Tylenol, and cool wash cloths. 2020 is not my favorite year. Sigh.

Thank you. We had to leave our house tonight... to go to the ER. His fever hit 106.4. I didn't even know that was possible. Our pediatrician sent us, but they can't do anything for him. Just Motrin, Tylenol, and cool wash cloths. 2020 is not my favorite year. Sigh.
Hope the fever breaks soon!

Reactions: EmJ

Oh, your poor baby! That is so hard seeing your child sick. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

I was just talking about you to my mom today and this situation you're in. We're both hoping for a speedy recovery for your son and better days for you. Those high fevers are no joke.

Maybe try a bath (not cold, not hot; should be comfortable) if you can and if it hasn't been advised against by his doctor. Plus, of course, keep those fluids up. Ice packs that are strategically placed can also help if you aren't doing those already. The main thing I remember from the times we've had to get my high fevers down is to not do it too quickly (which I'm sure you know and were reminded of by the doctor).

Oh I am soooooo sorry to hear this! Your poor mama heart! Praying that he gets over this soon! Your future Disney trip will be a truly needed and well-deserved reward for going through this difficult time!

As an aside, I found out my baby will need surgery. They were saying In the next week or two, but I’m not so sure with all that’s going on with coronavirus, the hospitals might be swamped. Its such a crazy time!

That’s is high!!!! I’m sorry. My kiddo gets seizures at 100-101. Prescription medicated even. So 106 sounds incredibly scary.

Reactions: EmJ
Oh I am soooooo sorry to hear this! Your poor mama heart! Praying that he gets over this soon! Your future Disney trip will be a truly needed and well-deserved reward for going through this difficult time!

As an aside, I found out my baby will need surgery. They were saying In the next week or two, but I’m not so sure with all that’s going on with coronavirus, the hospitals might be swamped. Its such a crazy time!
Oh, I am so sorry too. I hope they are able to get him in quickly, and that he makes a speedy recovery. It is definitely crazy right now.

I cried watching the videos of the characters and CM's waving. Someone even posted them locking the gates at 1am after everyone has the leave the stores on Main Street.
That's one reason why DH didn't take me to the parks that night. All that emotion, plus the health risk -- just not worth it. He would rather we stay safe and focus on the positive. We can always plan things in the parks for summer.

My son has a 105 fever and slight cough. It's not the flu or strep. We've been asked to voluntarily self isolate until March 30 even though we have NO risk factors, no known contacts with anyone infected, and he is under age 9. We are complying.

If I'm betting, I think Disney opens sometime around Memorial Day.
I'm so sorry to hear this and about your trip to the ER, too. Your son has had such a rough winter -- which means you've been through the wringer right along with him. Prayers for a quick recovery for him and strength and peace of mind for you!

... As an aside, I found out my baby will need surgery. They were saying In the next week or two, but I’m not so sure with all that’s going on with coronavirus, the hospitals might be swamped. Its such a crazy time!
Oh no! Hoping that this isn't anything too serious and that things can be worked out with your doctors and the hospital during this topsy-turvy time. Prayers and good thoughts for you and your little one!

A reminder to everyone participating in this thread: Please keep your comments respectful and courteous to others. It is totally possible to disagree and to discuss serious topics while being respectful and non-dismissive or non-demeaning toward others. This is a sensitive and very stressful time for many people, so let's be mindful of that in how we react and comment to others. For those of you who are making the effort to be thoughtful and aware of other's feelings, thank you.

Asking for a friend and I wasn’t sure what advice to give her...

Will the expiration dates for the SOCAL sale and kid promo tickets be extended? If not, can she use them past the expiration date and just pay the difference?

Thanks!

Will the expiration dates for the SOCAL sale and kid promo tickets be extended? If not, can she use them past the expiration date and just pay the difference?

Thanks!
My friend and her sister have the same question. They’ve only gone once so far with their promo tickets

My friend and her sister have the same question. They’ve only gone once so far with their promo tickets
Disney is going to have Sooooooo much to deal with. I'm sure something will be done regarding these passes. Don't forget they also have issues with all the Food & Wine Festival events that were paid for......and the Sip & Savor passes. Even the AP popcorn buckets that people were expecting would be good for another 2 weeks.

None of this is good for their bottom line, but I'm sure they'll address the issues over time. My real concern is that once this terrible situation resolves itself, how insane things are going to be at the parks. I mean, they're usually extremely busy during the summer, all of these other problems are going to combine themselves, and will have to be somehow worked around. Not to mention the pent up demand from being closed 6....8.....12 weeks.

Thanks!

Disney Tourist Blog has complied a DL closure FAQ. In the comments area, the extension of SoCal tickets has been discussed and the tickets should be extended similar to how WDW FL Residents’ tickets have been extended. (All of WDW’s dated tickets valid for dates during the closure have been extended)

https://www.disneytouristblog.com/d...refunds-cancellations-annual-pass-extensions/

Last edited:
I talked with a cast member friend last night and he did confirm that all maintenance/refurb crews will continue to work. I also saw an article that said they had moved construction cranes in behind Toontown so I would guess construction will continue also.

I guess if there is a silver lining to this it would be refurbishment / construction completion dates will stay on schedule or even possibly be accelerated. Now I know they won't open Avengers Campus any earlier but what I'm hoping is that the Haunted Mansion will be reopen when the parks do. There was no set in stone date on the HM reopening but most people were saying end of April. I'm thinking that could be when the parks reopen as well.

Disney Tourist Blog has complied a DL closure FAQ. In the comments area, the extension of SoCal tickets has been discussed and the tickets should be extended similar to how WDW FL Residents’ tickets have been extended. (All of WDW’s dated tickets valid for dates during the closure have been extended)

Thanks! I’ll pass it along. Get Away Today has been telling people so far there’s no extension on those expiration dates but I think it makes sense they could change that like the article you posted mentioned. Just have to wait and see.

If they don’t extend it, do those tickets become useless after the expiration? Or can you use them and pay the upcharge difference?

I would believe disney would welcome any business and foot traffic once it reopens.

disney is trying to do the right thing -- they even released frozen 2 for us to watch last night - thank you! :)

Absolutely right. We should make no effort to prevent hundreds of thousands of people from dying. All those people dying and being hospitalized long-term will have absolutely no adverse effect on our economy, or on the mental health of people who love them.
I never said, we should make no effort, I said closing things is the WRONG effort. There are many other choices that could have been made from reducing capacity to increasing cleaning to closing certain high risk attractions, for example the Finding Nemo Subs probably would have need to be closed if the parks had remained open.

Also, The reality is the vast majority of people who get sick won't need to be hospitalized and closing everything for a few weeks isn't going to reduce anything, just increase homelessness and disease in the long run and MORE people will die and be hospitalized over the long run than if we let this run its course. Yes, it will be different people, in this case we have younger, healthier people not needing to be hospitalized, getting sick and dying. We will also be seeing increased suicide rates. There are no perfect answers, but what they came up with is definitely the wrong one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter