Suppose Chapek was fired, and YOU were named CEO…

1. Bring back nighttime parades.
2. Complete Tron quickly so it is open for Summer 2022 - Universal would manage it.
3. Evening EMH for ALL resort guests, not just the rich.
4. Extend Skyliner to other resorts.
5. New family coaster at AK to replace Primeval Whirl.

I would lower prices for tickets. 80 bucks a day is plenty imo.

I would Bring back the heavy themeing to Disney resorts.

I would bring back Dining plans, and it would actually save you money when you purchase them.

I would bring back Fast passes.....
( and not charge you extra for something you've already purchased )

And I would have ( many ) more restaurants built in HS and epcot. Not enough choices, especially in HS.

I would have a 5th park built based on villains. It would have Really fast and tall Dark Coasters.
I would have several dark motion rides.

Villains in costume would be scattered throughout the park, interacting with guests.
The Streets and areas would be based on different villains from films and seen from their perspective.
It would be for those thrill loving older kids and kid at heart adults, and NOT for the faint of heart.

Last edited:
Everyone wants that perfect Disney vacation. You know, the one with no crowds and you could get on any ride you want with a short wait. Where Mickey and princesses are roaming the parks, and available for pictures and hugs. Days where you decide what you want to eat and tap in to see yes, there is availability at the time you want a few hours from now. With a phone call or tap on your phone app you could order a ride right now home after the fireworks which you could easily see without being jostled about. And home is sparkling clean with magic touches of towel animals and pillow treats to meet you after a long day. What would you be willing to pay for that? Even if it was only once in a lifetime?

I’d verify it’s true, but I suspect those are the most profitable guests. If so:

1) I’d look into what the crowd capacity would be to guarantee every guest a magical day of short (30 min or less) lines and great service and raise the ticket prices to ensure demand would not be higher than that capacity. This means no need for genie+ or ILL$

2) I’d raise the wages of those working there to get the most dedicated CMs. I’d increase their access to the parks on their days off to fill in the crowds with guests who are dedicated to the magic. And I’d staff so everything can open, all restaurants and shops.

3) I’d sell off the hotel/DVC properties that don’t have direct transportation (boats, monorail, skyliner) to the parks, except holding on to the Animal Kingdom properties, and add skyliner to get them direct access to AK. Then I’d take away regular bus service. I’d add back in and expand Minnie Vans and make dropping and picking people up with Lyft and Uber much more convenient. I’d add the parking trams back in.

4) I’d add back in street entertainers, roaming characters, roaming photographers and all the other extra’s that make Disney special.

5) I’d move the budget for all new attractions to maintenance/upgrading what is there. If people are going to Disney for a once in a lifetime trip they don’t need or want new attractions, they want the classics up and running and maintained like they are brand new. This would save money on the experienced imagineers that they are losing on the move to Florida anyway. So I would budget to make now perfect, not a year from now.

On the other hand, if when looking into it I find the most profitable guests are those that come multiple times a year I’d do exactly what they are doing now. Those guests seems to come back no matter what you do, they are locked in with DVC and annual passes. You can stay profitable as long as you don’t spend too much money per guest, so pack’em in, slow down on new development but dangle it out there so they’ll keep coming. Cut back on daily expenditures such as entertainment and staffing. Slow the maintenance costs to stay in budget. I think in the long term you will lose the next generation, but I could be wrong.

1. Bring back FP+ with booking at least 3FPs 30 days in advance for DVC and resort guests.
2. Get rid of the park reservation system.
3. Do not stop the sale of APs to DVC and resort guests.
4. Extend park hours
5. More EMH for DVC and resort guests.

1) Bring back Pleasure Island in some form, which must include the Adventurers’ Club and Comedy Warehouse.

2) Restore the Poly to what it used to be, including waterfall.

3) Get rid of that “pre-show” in the HM queue.

4) Restore CM Traditions training to what it once was.

5) Restore uniqueness to shops and restaurants. (Remember the coo-coo clocks in the German pavilion?)

1) Operate G+ like FP+. Allow advance scheduling of 3 attractions.
2) Add back every single perk that was taken away over the last 4-5 years.
3) Make a commitment that, in 10 years, there is not a single unused building in any of the 3 Florida parks. There is nothing more depressing at Disney that seeing space that is shuttered for reasons other than refurbishment.
4) Nighttime entertainment at every park. We saw the very last Main Street Electrical Parade at MK in 2016. and nights at MK, while still special, are just not the same.
5) Extended park hours. Especially at MK and HS. Both those parks are much more magical at night than during the day. AK is too, but I understand the limitations required there because of the animals.
6) Get rid of park reservations. If my ADRs and Advance G+ planning (see #1) can't give you a clue on where I plan on being, I'm not sure what to tell you.
7) Give me the power to make all of these come true and I could list 1,000 more.

Longer park hours for those over 21
All menus re-vamped with healthier whole food options
Bring back fastpass but on the app
Better built in transportation within the parks to remove the need for strollers and make areas more easily accessible with scooter use.
Ability to fully schedule your rides each day for a surcharge
No APs, but ability to buy tickets in bulk for a discount
Full OTC pharmacy on site
Laundry service on site
Refurbishment of tunnels below DL
Trash removal overhaul and redesign

1. Redo G+. You want to keep comparing it to MaxPass? Fine - then we're doing this like MP. No waking up at 7 to pull times, you do it when you get to the park. No ILL$. And the option to do all of it for free, but paying for an advantage if people want to so badly - e.g. you can get it on the phone instead of paper ones, or if everything is moving to phone then you can book a day in advance or something. But a free option is essential. And get rid of G-, it's never worked anyway...and with this IT, it's never going to work.
2. Fewer hotels but fully-staffed. I know, not everyone would like this one, but having everything open and not enough people for staffing clearly isn't working. And by "fully-staffed," I mean no more grab-and-go QS hot food (looking at you, CSR).
2a. Stop outsourcing to third parties. A bunch of food places, including some QS. The coach busses. It means you lose control over any kind of "Disney Standard", which would be fine but we're still paying Disney Prices. And, from experience, I'm certain it costs Disney more to run that way anyway.
3. Start reestablishing DME, including the luggage service. I know this would take more doing because the company that had handled the luggage went under, but it is such a convenience. Even if there does have to be a charge, if everything is taken care of for me then I wouldn't feel as salty as I do about charging for the bus ride but I still have to schlep my stuff.
4. Improve entertainment - formal daytime (as those help eat up crowds like crazy), the more 'impromptu' daytime, and nighttime.
5. Understand what your brand strengths are, and lean into them. Let's face it, we don't go to Disney parks because it's a good value - it's more expensive than any of the alternatives. The reasons are twofold: nostalgia and unique experiences. We take our kids because it's where we went as kids, because we remember our parents taking us on Star Tours for the first time or turning the corner to discover our favourite character walking down the street. We come back because of our fond memories from previous trips. It's the 50th anniversary and there's no nostalgia being invoked? Say what you will about EPCOT Forever, but - aside from its nonsequitor ending - it was drenched in nostalgia. All the old songs from bygone attractions. DL's 60th nighttime show was technologically awesome and also such a love letter to the parks. The ads for MSEP when it came back to Disneyland a few years ago had an entire state tearing up and rushing to buy tickets. Lean into the nostalgia. The other reason people come is for experiences you can't get elsewhere. Things you can't do other places. Technology that makes you wonder how in the world they did that. Ride moments that take your breath away. Awesome performances.
What does this mean? It means if you're going to replace something, its replacement has to be at least 10% better than the old version. Ideally more like 50% better, but that takes time. It can't just be jamming IP in for IP's sake, there needs to be a reason for it. (And IP, when added in well, can be an *awesome* addition!) It can't just be cutting the ride in half and taking out all its charm. When you put in a lesser replacement to save money, it shows - and, in the age of the internet, it sparks endless lousy media cycles. So not worth it.

Obviously everything people are listing would cost money. That's normal - we as guests want more bang for our buck. Why shouldn't we? We're paying for it, after all! But to me, so much of what feels off about the parks comes down to two things: the nickel-and-diming/getting less for the same price, and a lack of understanding about what people love about Disney theme parks. The fixes we're listing address the symptoms, but really it's about treating the cause.

1. Bring back Minnie Vans at original pricing.
2. Restore the Poly to its original glory.
3. Create something similar to Universal's Express Pass idea (include it for free if you stay at a deluxe or DVC resort).
4. Reward AP holders with more perks/discounts.
5. Increase food quality at all levels (QS to TS).

I would add a soaring ride to every country in Epcot, Soaring over that country. I would retheme blizzard beach based on the Frozen movie. I would bring back the original fast pass, but still allow use of the phone app to get the fast pass, as long as one had used their ticket to get into that park, that day. I would implement free park hopping IF (and only IF) hopping from a park that was at a higher capacity to one that was at a lower capacity. I would implement inter-park transportation, from inside one park to inside another, to avoid the need to go through security again. Maybe make this a somewhat entertaining ride.

I would implement inter-park transportation, from inside one park to inside another, to avoid the need to go through security again. Maybe make this a somewhat entertaining ride.
This was a thing briefly a few years ago. DW and I _loved_ it. I can't remember how much it cost, but it was so cool. There were backstage access points in all parks. You'd check in at a kiosk, be put on a standard Disney bus, and pop up in the park of your choosing.

I think it died due to low demand, but we loved it.

The news I see is that Iger is being replaced as Board Chair. His stepping down on 12/31/21 was announced in early 2020. Is there news now about Chapek?

The news I see is that Iger is being replaced as Board Chair. His stepping down on 12/31/21 was announced in early 2020. Is there news now about Chapek?
The general assumption is that Chapek would have named as Chair. The fact that he wasn't is telling.

What five immediate changes would you direct at WDW to restore the faith of WDW followers and CMs?
1 - Restore Magical Express
2 - bring back fast pass
3 - return to the magical hours
4 - Restore Magical Express.
5 - Restore Magical Express.

yes, repeated the bus. But for those of us flying in from out of town the bus is the only way to the park.

1. Rapidly progress a merger of all Disney owned content into 1 service domestically. Increase price of this service. Star Disney+ should be the product model imo, not this 3 services thing.

2. Keep prices same as they are right now for tickets and annual passes but give more incentive laden deals to DVC members in terms of pricing but less a la carte(merchandise, food, etc) discounts for DVC(if any at all)

3. Reopen all restaurants at WDW

4. Annual Passholders get more discounts with the caveat of a tiered system. Most expensive passes get higher% discount on merchandise or food. This, in conjunction with the DVC change above, means DVC members have to buy a (cheaper for them) annual pass to still get discounts on food/merch.

5. Charge guests to buy a 5$ (or less maybe) pass(good for 1 month or something, idk) to use any Disney transportation(this wont be popular). Including boats, monorail, busses, etc. Only systems not needing a pass is the TTC to Magic Kingdom ferry or the express monorail line from TTC to Magic Kingdom

6. Improve consistency of Disney Transportation to justify cost introduction.

7. Build a new Skyliner line connecting AKL->AK->Coronado Springs->Hollywood STUDIOS(with Coronado also connecting to Disney Springs via a seperate line, making Coronado a transfer station like Caribbean Beach is now. And making Hollywood STUDIOS have 2 stations in the parking lot, instead of just the 1, where you can transfer between both lines). This connects 3 of the parks via skyliner along with 2 large hotels and Disney springs.

8. Reinstate Magical Express

9. Create a festival calendar at Animal Kingdom with food booths throughout and unique entertainment in park.

10. Clear out Dinoland (keep Dinosaur) and rename Dino institute into something encompassing paleontology as a whole. Add a ride about tundra melting and the ice age mammals being uncovered and cloned(sort of real world thing actually minus the successful cloning) and idk(create some kind of lesson and conflict here). Also add another Sit Down restaurant themed to flavors of extinct plants, meats, ingredients, entire dishes, etc. that the institute has recreated using modern available stuff(ppl already do this). Sort of like a galaxies edge approach to food but from a different angle.

11. Extend park hours(but require additional fees for early/late hours)

12. Bring a parade to Animal Kingdom

13. Reopen Top of Bay Lake Tower but make it reservation(day of restricted) only and only allow those to go up there and stay who reserved the lounge and ordered something. Include a pass allowing guests who ate/drank in the lounge to return later that evening. Only DVC can book here day of.

14. Modify Genie into 1 system that is more expensive(universal price), unlimited bookings per ride(eg. Book pirates 8 different times that day if you want), only able to book once scanned into park that day, able to hold 3 reservations at a time and no more, strict on return windows(otherwise it bumps you out). Annual passholders get 1 free pass per day(they have to scan into park to use) that they can use on anything except single most popular attraction in the park(example, Rise of Resistance). Cap number of daily passes for each ride.

15. Immediately restructure film division to give creators more power to create what they want to make, with the caveat that each division create a "continuity" position or board that has veto power and will make sure there is a synergy across the entire division or studio(Lucasfilm in desperate need) without actually changing projects themselves(just pointing out potential issues or making creators really make sure their is a "plan" for what they are doing and how it fits into the studios overall strategy and not Carte Blanche)

16. Get Disney Video Games out of solo licenses with 1 studio(like star wars). Spread the ip to every studio that wants a crack at it in this space(with minimal oversight beyond not damaging the "brand").

17. Get Kingdom Hearts into a 5th Gate concept(it would just be 1 area).

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter