Sure signs of not planning

But I do remember being *that family* when I was a kid.

Same story - I laugh when I think back to trips with my family. I was very under impressed with my first visit to MK at age 12. As an adult and an obsessive Disney planner I now understand why.

I know things have changed a lot in the past 20 years, but when my family took trips to WDW when I was a kid, my parents did almost zero planning. I remember one time we arrived without a hotel reservation, and they drove around to a few (off-site) hotels trying to see where they could get the best deal. We also never had ADRs, but we never ate at TS restaurants. I think there's probably still a decent percentage of people who visit WDW who only eat at QS places.

I've had a few people tell me they would never go back on a Disney trip again because of the waiting. When you ask them if they had planned they say no. I ask them if the just go to a movie without checking the show times... You just need to do a little homework first.

This is a good way to explain planning to first timers.

Just say "Not planning your trip is like going to the movies not know what's playing and at what time. Sure you'll likely get to see something eventually but it may not be what you want when you want.

So, If you want to eat where you want and ride what you want and when you want to, a little pre planning ensures that will happen. Disney is a busy place. Trust me, you won't be alone there!"

I like to help others plan. The ones that follow the advice always come back and thank me. I know of a lot of people that just show up and then come back and complain about how they just did 3 rides and did like it. Whit the magic bands it make the planing even easier and fun.

I almost compare this to people who go to a popular movie and show up right before it starts and then huff and puff when they can't find seats. A little pre-planning goes a long way. Same with Disney. You don't have to plan like crazy but make your ADRs and Fast Passes and go with the flow around them.

I know things have changed a lot in the past 20 years, but when my family took trips to WDW when I was a kid, my parents did almost zero planning. I remember one time we arrived without a hotel reservation, and they drove around to a few (off-site) hotels trying to see where they could get the best deal. We also never had ADRs, but we never ate at TS restaurants. I think there's probably still a decent percentage of people who visit WDW who only eat at QS places.

My XH went every year as a kid, sometimes twice a year because his grandparents would take him also. He never ate TS. He LOVED WDW though.

We went in 2003 (my first time) and stayed at his uncles house and only ate QS. I didn’t even know WDW had restaurants! Lol I assumed it was like my local Six Flags. You just eat QS at theme parks right?

We went back in 2008, stayed offsite but I found the DIS about a month before our trip. WDW has character meals!!!!!!!!!!! We booked a few and vowed to come back and try onsite. We went back in 2009 and did the whole thing. Onsite, DDP, had a touring plan, etc.

We went back in 2008, stayed offsite but I found the DIS about a month before our trip. WDW has character meals!!!!!!!!!!! We booked a few and vowed to come back and try onsite. We went back in 2009 and did the whole thing. Onsite, DDP, had a touring plan, etc.

Oh, my goodness, I love this...talk about "a whole new world!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter