Surgery today for luvmarypoppins. Update Post 7

Update: My surgery is tomm. so please say a prayer. Thank you. I am getting nervous. I really don't know why I do this. This is operation #5 this year and also like #31 or 30 of my lifetime. I lose count. But, I still don't like the operating room. And this place makes you walk to it no less. Hopefully all will go well and I can come home later in the day or early evening.

Update: My surgery is tomm. so please say a prayer. Thank you. I am getting nervous. I really don't know why I do this. This is operation #5 this year and also like #31 or 30 of my lifetime. I lose count. But, I still don't like the operating room. And this place makes you walk to it no less. Hopefully all will go well and I can come home later in the day or early evening.

luvmarypoppins, I wouldn't think that surgery is something you ever get used to. I hope everything goes well so that you can come home as soon as possible. Like I've said before, you are an inspiration because you continue marching on! I think of you every day, really! You are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: to you and your family and hope for an update as soon as you are up to it.
I keep this quote in my thoughts to give me strength when I take small steps to lead to strides...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"~Mother Teresa

I think that is completely natural. Try to relax as much as possible today. I will be keeping you in prayer. :grouphug:

Stopped by to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and I said the rosary for you today. Hope everything is well!

Thanks for the prayers. The surgery went as good as could be expected I guess. I had to wait for and extra 3 1/2 hrs. for the surgeon so my surgery was at 7:15 pm. Way too long to wait for me. He told my dh it was worse than he expected. So now today my one ds is taking me for a post op check up. I hope he says everything is o.k. I have some pain, thank God for painkilers. He did say it will be at least another month before this gets better, that is with no more complications. So keep me in your prayers. Thanks.

I am sorry to hear about the complications you went through. I am happy you are home, and it is over.

Prayers to a smooth recovery. :hug:

Thanks for the prayers. The surgery went as good as could be expected I guess. I had to wait for and extra 3 1/2 hrs. for the surgeon so my surgery was at 7:15 pm. Way too long to wait for me. He told my dh it was worse than he expected. So now today my one ds is taking me for a post op check up. I hope he says everything is o.k. I have some pain, thank God for painkilers. He did say it will be at least another month before this gets better, that is with no more complications. So keep me in your prayers. Thanks.
Sending prayers and well wishes your way!!! Hope everything goes well this go round for you! :hugs:

Well things did not go well. The best thing that happened was that my ds got his surgery scheduled for July 30 so that was good. The ENT dr. said my voice is not good and now I am thinking it will be getting worse since the other surgeon told me the surgery from Wed. did not work and he will see me tues, but he is going to do another surgery, Yup, count em, this will be #6 this year. He said I will have to be in the hospital for at least 3 days and he was telling me all the other stuff which is a long drawn out process of healing etc. So keep praying. Thanks so much. He said this surgery wil be sooner rather than later, whatever that means.

Well my new surgery date of Surgery #6 is going to be July 10th, guess we now know what the dr. means by sooner than later. It will be at least 3 hours, 3 days in the hospital, going home with a wound vac machine. and this will only be temporary and he will do a permanent graft in about 6 months. So keep the prayers coming. Bless you all.

Well my new surgery date of Surgery #6 is going to be July 10th, guess we now know what the dr. means by sooner than later. It will be at least 3 hours, 3 days in the hospital, going home with a wound vac machine. and this will only be temporary and he will do a permanent graft in about 6 months. So keep the prayers coming. Bless you all.

I thought about you today, and then saw your post :)
My DD was looking for a movie to rest with this afternoon after Vacation Bible School and she put Mary Poppins in her "maybe" pile and said "Oh, I just love Mary Poppins" and immediately I thought of you! :flower3:
Prayers and thoughts are with you each day!

I thought about you today, and then saw your post :)
My DD was looking for a movie to rest with this afternoon after Vacation Bible School and she put Mary Poppins in her "maybe" pile and said "Oh, I just love Mary Poppins" and immediately I thought of you! :flower3:
Prayers and thoughts are with you each day!

Bless you minniebeth. I always help with our VBS program and am just so upset that I am not helping this year. We are doing the outback one. from Lifeway. But my ds will tell me about it, they are youth assistants. I was also getting totally upset by this other girl who is helping the girl I always help telling me all about it etc. I know she meant well, but it doesnt make someone with cancer feel better, it reminds you that some people think you cant do anything etc. I did tell my ds that if they think their room doesnt look great then we will volunteer to decorate it up better. I always do that and enjoy it. I guess God knew how much I would miss it so he is keeping me busy that week anyway. I have my pre op dr. visit that mon. wed. I am taking the one ds for his driving test and then fri. is the surgery.

Good luck with your surgery - July 10 is my birthday so I'll wish for success with your procedure and a rapid recovery for you. I'll keep you in my prayers and hope your next news is good news!:flower3:

Bless you minniebeth. I always help with our VBS program and am just so upset that I am not helping this year. We are doing the outback one. from Lifeway. But my ds will tell me about it, they are youth assistants. I was also getting totally upset by this other girl who is helping the girl I always help telling me all about it etc. I know she meant well, but it doesnt make someone with cancer feel better, it reminds you that some people think you cant do anything etc. I did tell my ds that if they think their room doesnt look great then we will volunteer to decorate it up better. I always do that and enjoy it. I guess God knew how much I would miss it so he is keeping me busy that week anyway. I have my pre op dr. visit that mon. wed. I am taking the one ds for his driving test and then fri. is the surgery.

I'm sorry that you are not able to help out with VBS this year. It sounds like you really love helping out with it! I'm sure you will be missed. I always truly appreciate all the volunteers who make it work, I know VBS is near and dear to my kids' hearts! It wouldn't be possible without all you wonderful volunteers. My kids' program was Discovery Canyon, it was good.
I wanted to share with you that one morning, my DS was bringing DD in to the church and I was in the car waiting. The cross in front of the church was casting a shadow onto the roof of the building (I think it was designed to do that) but it is not our church and I never noticed it before. It was so beautiful, and you came into my mind since I know you had said you would be missing VBS. I said lots of prayers for you, for your healing, your positive attitude, your upcoming surgeries and for strength for you...:hug:

My surgery is tomm. so I would appreciate your prayers. I wont know until much later what time it is.

I am going to ask my dh to bring the laptop to the hosp. because I know from last time I cant spend too much time away from the DIS! and then all my 3 ds have to work on sat. so I am hoping maybe 2 of them can get up sometime to visit.

and then sun. would have been my sisters birthday, so that is never a good day for me. Well I am getting things off my mind today by taking my ds to his driving test. That should be interesting. Thanks so much. Blessings to you all.

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. I hope everything goes well with your surgery.

luvmarypoppins, you will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow and in the days that follow as you recover. Wishing you strength and happy thoughts!
:hug:
~Beth :flower3:

I am home from the hosp, yest, I am in alot of pain. The lst night I had a very bad reaction to the anesthesia and very low blood pressure. I didnt have to have a wound vac machine so I am happy for sure. Now we got a letter that the ins. co. saying they arent paying for this operation but we can appeal. Nothing like a little stress to make you feel better ;), but I have a wonderful dh who is checking this out for us. I go to the dr. next tues. for a post op visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter