Surprise at OKW

P

Pa@okw95

We just got back from a vacation at OKW. I was surprised because everything went so well, it has been some time since I could say that. We checked in at 12:30, had lunch, rented a boat(a whaler) came back to find out my room was ready at 2:30. The room was clean and everything was working. We had a one bedroom for the two of us. The pool at Turtle Pond Road was great also, everyone behaved as they should(thank god for the slide at the main pool it makes the quiet pools more quiet). We ate at Olivas a few times, everything went well there also. It was as a vacation should be at a resort. We enjoyed the new attraction "Soarin" also. I real treat for a change. :cool1: :flower: :)

Good to hear - thanks for reporting!

Best wishes -

Hi! :wave:

When you rent a boat at OKW, can you take it over to the water by SSR and DTD? Can you get lost along the way?

I'm glad you had a nice time.

Bobbi :flower:

yes, you can take it over to DD and even if you want the PO area.

get lost - there is just one right turn going to SSR, DD - and one left turn coming back to OKW - how could you get lost.... :confused3

bobbiwoz said:
Hi! :wave:

When you rent a boat at OKW, can you take it over to the water by SSR and DTD? Can you get lost along the way?

I'm glad you had a nice time.

Yes, you can go over to the lake by SSR and DD. It would be difficult to get lost there are only two ways to go and there are signs, the other way takes you down by Port Orleans which is a nice ride.

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself.

The Whaler's looked awesome, and it is on our 'must do' list next trip!

I have only been on a boat on that waterway, from OKW to DTD once, and don't really remember how it went. We are taking a vacation in June and one of the things that I definitely want to do is rent a boat in each of the DVC resorts. I think it would be fun.

Thanks,

Glad to here you had a GREAT time.
We just received news today that our waitlist request for a 1 bedroom came through for January!!--Yahhoo!!--This Boardwalk owner LOVES OKW-just as much as the Boardwalk! We gave our waitlist reservation up for a 1-bedroom at Saratoga last week and gambled that we would get OKW/Boardwalk.
Too many bad memories of Hurricane Jean last year while we were locked down in a 2 bedroom at Saratoga.

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter