• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprise Disney trip from Santa that falls BEFORE Christmas?

wootejl

Earning My Ears
Anyone ever pulled off a surprise Disney trip for their kiddos that was right before Christmas, but was supposed to be from Santa? We’re going Dec. 17-23 and are trying to find a way to make it be from Santa even though it’s before Christmas. Any tips or ideas??

How old are your children?
Maybe an invitation from Santa to visit while he is also visiting WDW and make a game of looking for Santa everywhere he is too.
And also maybe give them a little bit of Disney money to buy something special for themselves or for grandparents or teacher.

When my DD was little we went to relatives at Christmas. We told her Santa would come a week early. You could do this with your kids depending how old they are. Maybe have Santa come twice. The first he would deliver the trip and maybe a couple of other gifts and a note saying he would be back. Have a great trip.

How old are your children?
Maybe an invitation from Santa to visit while he is also visiting WDW and make a game of looking for Santa everywhere he is too.
And also maybe give them a little bit of Disney money to buy something special for themselves or for grandparents or teacher.
Great ideas! They are 6 and 3.

When my DD was little we went to relatives at Christmas. We told her Santa would come a week early. You could do this with your kids depending how old they are. Maybe have Santa come twice. The first he would deliver the trip and maybe a couple of other gifts and a note saying he would be back. Have a great trip.
Thank you!

Totally do able, especially if you have an elf on the shelf or the like that could deliver it. This works especially well if you have a type of wrapping paper that Santa uses.
Yes! We do have an elf so that could work!

A mall Santa might come in handy!! I would do it in an off time when there weren’t any kids around, otherwise other children would riot but maybe the mall Santa could present the news
Very cute idea!

I'm sorry but the big guy usually always gives the better gifts at Christmas but when we did an xmas trip for our DDs I made sure to tell mom that it was from us. But we did make sure that the souvenirs that they were interested in during that trip, we would secretly buy and then put them under the tree from Santa, with a note from Santa saying "I saw your parents took you to WDW, what a special trip they gave you. I also noticed you were really wanting this (stuffed ?? etc.) so I got it for you..."

Oh my gosh! How fun for your family and what a great surprise! So many great suggestions on how to surprise your kiddos with it!

We are planning something similar in that we are surprising our kids with a WDW trip that same week before Christmas, too! Our kids are older, (11 & 13), but we do a “Surprise” Christmas Adventure every year. We don’t tell the kids what we are doing or where we are going for the trip. Instead I give them a “clue” just before we head off for each stop of the adventure. Then when we are done with each fun stop they get a clue for the next one. It’s kind of like the Amazing Race, but with fun stops and a slower pace!

Thought I would share in case it is something your family would enjoy as well! Our kids love it and look forward to it every year! Have a magical Disney Christmas Adventure!

We move Christmas all the time. Ill-timed military moves, large gifts that don't travel well to visit family, mom being exhausted etc....
The kids have never flinched. I'd probably just do "Christmas morning" either the day before or the day we left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter