• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprise for Husband

AussieSteph80

Earning My Ears
hello!

I am Steph, travelling to DisneyWorld at Christmas time - we have 2 kids - 9 and 11 - my husband is a very good planner and has made all of our ADR's and allowed a schedule etc - we have a few spare days / times and i want to surprise him with something special for the 2 of us. We have a couple of nights planned as date nights and I want it to be something completely unexpected.

What would you all suggest? He loves fine things like dining, he also loves sports and cars. We are from Sydney Australia so anything American style is ok! He doesn't mind a spa day or massage - he loves Disney but doesn't have a favourite character per say. I really want something unique, something he may not have thought of and something memorable? Thanks in advance

It depends on what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

You can do a horse and carriage ride at POR, I've done one and it was very romantic. While you are there you could see Yee Haw Bob (a comedy music act) if you have a free day on a Wednesday through Saturday. Not sure if price matters, but you can do a fireworks cruise one night at Epcot or MK.

There are some very interesting backstage tours available at Animal Kingdom.

Wild Africa Trek pops to mind.

Also, dinner at Jikos ar AKL is sublime!

I got a scavenger hunt package for my wife from Gifts of a Lifetime (http://giftsofalifetime.com/) in 2012. That was a lot of fun! The people running it had us going all over Magic Kingdom looking for clues to a puzzle. That might be something you two would enjoy.

- Bob

How about a hot air balloon ride over DTD? Just look on the Walt DisneyWorld website for:
Characters in Flight...Operated by Aerophile

Non-Disney, but unique things:

1. Everglades tour

2. Deep sea fishing - either Atlantic or Gulf

3. Check what is going on at Daytona Speedway - its been a while since I lived there, but many times I'd go and watch solo drivers.

4. For shopping and dining and wine bars, try the Winter Park area of Orlando which is a bit more upscale.

5. Trip to Cape Canaveral - but I suggest brining the kids along.

6. Take in an Orlando Magic or Predators or Soccer game.

7. Leu gardens if you like to see tropical and native botanicals.

8. Waldorf Astoria Spa

9. Orlando Brewing Company tour

10. Water sports complex to learn to practice wakeboarding, skiing, etc. www.aktionparks.com/orlando/

I'm actually planning the Behind The Seeds tour as a surprise for my DH. He's big into science- so I know he'd really be into it! I also spoiled the surprise of us going to Beaches & Cream for The Kitchen Sink ice cream dish- he's also big into ice cream! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter