Surprise gift bag for first time cruisers

PHamrick

Mouseketeer
My husband and I have convinced three other families to travel with us on a Disney cruise to Northern Europe this summer. It is a very big expense and none of them have ever cruised before! Let me be clear, I DON'T feel obligated to make their cruise magical and all of them are seasoned travelers. However, I'm really excited and grateful that we are all going together. Our kids love each other and I'm thrilled to share this particular journey with them. I've sent them all countdown chains with trivia questions to get them excited and I want to give them gift bags on their first day on the cruise. I'm looking for ideas of what to include. I've already had personalized ornaments made for them. Here are the ideas we came up with so far:

--magnets for their doors
--movie candy for on board
--family t-shirts
--tervis tumblers
--lanyards and pins for the kids

I'm not saying I'll put ALL of that in their bag, especially because we will be hauling it across the ocean, but I'm open to any ideas! Thanks!

That is very nice of you. I really like the idea of the magnets for door because without them, all doors look alike. Since you are all friends, it may be a project to do together.

Maybe walking maps or info on some of the ports you'll (we'll) be visiting?

The little light cards are a fun idea!

Decorated cardboard drink holders for easy transport of multiple beverages are another helpful & easily packable item that a first-time cruiser might love.

We are also big fans of taking a new (sealed) hand soap. We prefer using the pump soap for washing hands instead of bar soap in our cabin restroom.

I am huge into door decorations, all home made, for each of our cruises to ID the door and maybe have some fun. Agree with the above that each family could do their own. However, if it is you doing it, make them simple with first names and maybe a character hat over the stateroom number (7 1/4" across). I have found pictures on the internet to download onto just plain paper, back it (or not) with a thin cardboard, cut it out and then put magnets on the back.
Don't know if the other families are relatives, but we did matching sweat shirts for our Alaska DCL cruise last June. Perhaps you could all agree on a theme for the cruise and put that on the shirts. We also did this for our EBPC cruise with t-shirts in 2008. Good luck.

I think you should fill a large Tervis with a lanyard, some small magnets, maybe some Dramamine for each family. Make the tervis the “gift bag”. :)

Make some envelopes for Room Service Tips. I like the ones you print, cut out and glue together. I also have an old blue jeans back pocket that I decorated and glued magnets on to hold the tip envelopes.

Make some envelopes for Room Service Tips. I like the ones you print, cut out and glue together. I also have an old blue jeans back pocket that I decorated and glued magnets on to hold the tip envelopes.
I love those I always plan to bring those, but as I get closer I seem to forget them. I have the cutest Christmas and standard styles in my photo file.
All though if you give them as gifts you have to think about the person whom you give them too. Some people may question your intentions as an insinuation into their flaws on tipping. Hate to see a good intention cause bad feelings at the onset of a long trip.

Another lightweight idea is a reference card that lists the location of many important places. Size them to fit in the lanyards you are providing...a little googling (or checking etsy) and you'll find the items to include

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter