Surprise Gift Ideas For Family Staying at Disney

Gr8scott

Mouseketeer
We’re trying to purchase a surprise gift in the $300 range for my brother and his wife as they will be visiting WDW and staying onsite the first week of December and looking for ideas. My first thought was a couples massage but looks like most Disney spas have not reopened. Anyone have any creative ideas to share as from our point of view the online gift purchases delivered to their room are …. well…uninspired. We know it’s last minute so a lot of things are impossible to get but any thoughts you might have are appreciated, even if offsite but hopefully close by.

I think the best choice is a gift card. No great but easiest .
You could book a 'fancy' restaurant but you would need to know what night they are available .
The gift basket may not be great either BUT it would be a surprise at least.

Since it’s December and the holiday season, maybe a floral arrangement or little Christmas tree if they celebrate any specific holiday?
That could be cute.

We made up gift bags for our sons/gfs for our upcoming trip. We included snacks/candies, a bottle of wine with glasses, a bottle of their favorite liquor, mixers, cocktail cups, a 4 pack of canned Margarita's and a couple of other things that I can't recall. We also added a Christmas Card with a $200 Disney gift card inside to "Welcome them Home" It should be noted that we drive (they fly) so tranporting the bags was not an issue.

It is really, really cool to find a surprise gift in your room when you get home from a park. Someone did that for me once and it came in this small, soft pack cooler that has proven to be a great gift that I use regularly. So, even if things aren’t inspired, maybe get something small and see if they will add a gift card for the rest you want to spend. Otherwise, yep, just give them the gift card. I love gift cards for Disney when I am headed to Disney. Sometimes a gift card can seem like a cop out, but they are my favorite gift when I have a trip planned!

We have family checking in on Saturday and have used a couple of local businesses that I found on Facebook that is a group of Disney employees who were laid off during the pandemic. We ordered a Charcuterie Box and a box of huge cookies to be delivered

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter