Surprise Trip! Tomorrow!

Luv Bunnies

DIS Veteran
DH and I have never done something quite this impulsive, but our kids are going to be thrilled! We've had a really bad year. Between family members' health issues and DH getting laid off in March, we've all been stressed. We told our boys we weren't going to take a big vacation this summer because we needed to watch our spending. We planned to leave tomorrow and stay at my parents' vacation home in the mountains for a few days. We can stay there rent-free, cook most of our own meals and go hiking or hang out by the lake. It's not a totally free vacation, but we can do it inexpensively enough.

This morning, DH found out he has been hired for two jobs! One is a long-term position that doesn't start until September. It's in a new local office that isn't opening until then but they're hiring staff now. The other is a two-week consulting job for his old company. So I jokingly said, "Do you want to ditch the lake and go to Disneyland?" He said, "Well...I'm not opposed to that. Let's go!" So I jumped online and booked a room at the Grand Legacy on Harbor. Then I bought 3-day park tickets for everyone. Our boys still think we're going to the lake. Tomorrow morning, we're going to start heading north. When we get to Highway 101 south, we're going to casually turn off and head towards Southern California. Our boys (ages 24 and 20, so not kids) will immediately flip out that we took the wrong turn, at which point I will toss the park tickets into the backseat. They are going to be so happy! They both love Disneyland and have been wanting to see Galaxy's Edge. We kept saying we might go at Christmas break, if Dad is employed by then. This is going to be fun!

Congratulations on the jobs and your vacation! I'm so happy for you! I love hearing good news from others. Enjoy every moment!

Your post just made me so happy! Congratulations on the jobs and the surprise trip. I love hearing "Magical" stories. Hope you have a wonderful time.

That’s amazing. I may have teared up a little.

You totally need to get a video of their reactions and share it here.

What a fabulous story. Have a great trip and congrats to your Husband on the new job.

So awesome! What a fun surprise for your boys and a big congrats to your husband on his new jobs! Have a wonderful time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter