Surprise Upgrades?

5th anniversary, upgraded to Hawaii building CL 3rd floor TPV.
Dead center, view of everything...was wonderful. Unexpected, and totally magical.

Watched the fireworks from our balcony...wow!

My hubby does not stop laughing about the story of how we found out about our upgrade and the first few moments in the room...and I hope the following will make you smile!

When we checked in, the CM gave us a folder with most of everything we needed, but one was not. I mentioned it, and the lady stated with a twinkle in her eye...“Oh that is with the concierge...” So I looked over to the concierge desk, kinda confused, about to walk over...but she continued...”...in your building.”

“But...we don’t have a concierge...OH! Oh My Gosh!” We got my dream upgrade!

When we got to the room, I squeaked, ran around it in circles, (you have to realize the rooms are not that big for a grown woman to run around in, so it was more like a figure 8 around my husband on a cell phone) while my hubby talked to my mom...she wanted to talk to me, but I was too busy with my squeaky circles to talk to her...every few “laps” I’d go outside, see the castle! the water, the sun, the magic! the castle! Did I mention...the castle? squeak again and zoom around the room once more!

He said the sound was like a Dolphin with a Doppler effect. EEEEEeeeeeeEEEEEeeeeeeeEEEEE!!!!

I am totally touched and thrilled with our experience. I won’t forget, and my hubby has a story he loves to tell to Disney fans about his crazy squeaky wife!

I was upgraded only once, at Art of Animation for NYE 2019-2020. I was originally set to be in a Little Mermaid Room, but was bumped up to a Cars Family Suite. I never knew about it until I looked in the MyDisneyExperience App!

Been upgraded a number of times, most of them were your basic level up upgrade like garden view to water view (a number of times at both PO resorts) or standard to garden or water view and CSR standard to preferred. The bigger ones were AKL from standard to savannah view on both of our trips there. WL to GF during WL construction. CBR tried to give us an "upgrade" to the Pirates room but I quickly said no. LOL We were also upgraded to CL at GF, but that was because the original room had issues. We were very glad with this one because we were always thinking of trying/paying for CL and found that it was not for us, so it saved us from spending $$ on a future trip:)

On our last trip, Nov 30, 2019 - Dec 7, 2019, we booked BWI, our favorite resort, to celebrate our 35th anniversary. We booked a Garden View room and requested a higher floor with a king bed. We had an evening flight and didn't get to the resort until about midnight. When we checked in the only available room was on the ground floor and queen beds. The sweet CM that checked us in was apologetic, but we told her it was not a problem at all, and that we were just happy to be there. She volunteered that there may be a room on a higher floor available in the morning and said that she'd give us a call in the morning to let us know, if we wanted to move. We said that that would be great:-)

About 15 minutes after getting into our room, she called us and said she would like to offer us one of the cottages to move to in the morning (or we could do a regular 4th floor room). She said it it were her, she would do the cottage, so we said we'd like to do that. We really didn't know anything about them. Then she told us that the cottages included CL😯 That was the ultimate upgrade for us. We loved the cottage and the CL amenities were a treat. The staff was all so sweet and we really enjoyed it! We were so spoiled!

The CM who upgraded us was so very sweet and thoughtful, and seemed just delighted to be able to do that for us. We gave a cast compliment, of course, and we made sure to find her when we checked out to thank her again and give her a hug. It was a magical trip all the way around!

3 times. Garden suite at BW from a regular room. Pretty sweet accommodations. Club level overlooking the pool at BC and club level (along with some anywhere fast passes at YC. All three times I was with my daughter who at the time still had my last name. Not sure if they assumed we were traveling as a couple.

All we’re pretty cool. We almost came to expect it as they happened on consecutive trips.

Love that this thread from the past is coming back!

Here's my upgrade story from the past. We spent our honeymoon there in 1995. I booked a standard at the Poly but really really wanted the Beach Club, but we couldn't afford more than standard and that was sold out. This was before online booking and they told me to "keep checking" which meant about once a day I would call and check. About two days before our wedding they said hang on.... and said oh we can move you to the Beach Club! HOORAY!

We arrived after a coast to coast flight and they said right this way and led us up a single flight of stairs to a lovely room overlooking the lake with a huge balcony!

We had a trip scheduled to try and recreate our honeymoon for our 25th anniversary when COVID hit. We have been pushing it out six months at a time ever since and life has really gotten in the way! Hoping for some magic this year for our 27th (2nd anniversary of our 25th!) in September! We booked that same category (water view at Beach Club) so hopefully we can get a similar room!

DD and SIL went to Disney for their honeymoon. We booked them the cheapest room at Coronado Springs, with 2Q beds. They ended up in a corner room on the9th floor of the new tower! Quite the upgrade, I think!

Twice! The first time we were booked at POR in a Royal Room but they were not completed so we were upgraded to the Poly TPV.
The second time, I booked a standard room at YC and was upgraded to the Admiral's Suite. I nearly died!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter