Surprised about rates

BarbaraMB

<font color=CC99CC>Is right! Good tags come to th
I found the rates so much more this year than last. I paid 125.00 standard room an HRH in July last year, this year 187.00 standard room HRH in July. I thought I missed out on the great entertaiment rates but have read here that it doesn't seem available. Would I have saved more money if I had booked in the winter? Or would I have just gotten more of a selection on WHEN I could have stayed? I am trying to convience DH that the cheaper deals like last year just aren't going to happen.

I had the same rate last year and was hoping for them again, too. I just booked for our trip in July for the RP for $164 fan club. The Entertainment rate was $168. That seemed weird to me. They did not have any entertainment rates for HRH left for my dates, but the Portofino came up at $186. By the way, she said they no longer require you to show your fan club card when you check in. Just ask for that rate.

Why do you think that they aren't going to use the entertainment rate and drop the prices? Do you think because they don't have to.

"but the Portofino came up at $186."

zaxmom - What dates in July are you looking at? The cheapest rate I can find for Portofino on July 16-18 is $202 FAN rate for two people.
:confused:

BarbaraMB - What are your dates? I asked about the ENT rate and all she gave me was a AAA rate of $215

I feel your pain BabaraMB!:(
We booked RPR last year for $109, and the HRH for $125 also. This year it seems to get the best rate you need an AP. The APH rate is cheaper than the ENT, FAN, or AAA - which was not the case last year. I booked the RPR for Thanksgiving this year at an APH rate of $146, the HRH was $167 I believe for that time. I don't know what your dates are in July, but one date that I checked had an APH rate of $174.
Good luck!:D

I think it is a matter of supply and demand. It sounds a though the demand for Universal Resorts is growing as word gets out about FOTL and Universal PArks in general. Unfortunately, we did not stay onsite when they had all of the lower rates; however, we will be staying onsite this year and the rates we have are still better than the deluxe rates at WDW resorts. I think alot of people are realizing that Universal is a nice (cheaper) alternative to WDW or are combining it with a shorter WDW stay and a longer Universal stay.

We have 5 nights 7/17 -7/22. I really wanted 7 but will be happy with 5. We only stayed 4 last year but then we went to WDW for 6 nights. No WDW this year. WDW cost us a small fortune and I don't have it this year. Plus we feel that a vacation at HRH and going to US and IOA is a much more relaxing vacation and still packed with a lot of fun.

There still are cheap dates to be had. I got a week in August at RPR for $119. Luckily I can be very flexible on dates and just had them check to find the cheapest dates. It's not $109 but it's damn close and still much cheaper than WDW.

My dates for July are 18-21. I just called two nights ago to make reservations. The reservationist was also surprised that the Fan rate was cheaper than entertainment. She thought that $186 was a good rate for Portofino as well. The entertainment prices she told me on the phone were much better than the ones on their website.

zaxmom - I got $164 FAN at the Royal Pacific 7/17 to 7/20. Entertainment & AAA were in the 170's or 180's. 2 years ago I paid $99/night Entertainment right after it opened.

JGates, you will be at RPR at the same time as us! Our dates are 7-18 to 7-28. It would be fun to meet someone from these boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter