Surprised by wine Bar George

thepops

DIS Veteran
During our trip at the start of February, my daughter decided she wanted to celebrate her 30th birthday by having dinner at Wine Bar George. I looked over the menu and wasn’t really impressed with the menu. To me it looked like a lot of small plates and noshes and I really didn’t think it would satisfy me. But since it was her birthday, my wife and I agreed. We were seated upstairs and had a nice view of the springs and overlooked the new Gideon’s bakery. We ordered some of the small plates and they were very tasty. We then decided to order the shareable skirt steak. I was amazed at how big this was. It came out on a 16” platter and was full of steak, asparagus and potatoes. There was more than enough to feed the 3 of us ( it could easily feed 4) and it was absolutely delicious. The sauce was astounding ( and I’m the type that if a steak is done right, it doesn’t need a sauce). They were also nice enough to give my daughter a slice of key lime cheesecake for her birthday which was also delicious.
The waiter was excellent and took great care of us, did not rush us or push us to order extra things. Overall a great dining experience and it definitely moved up from an ”ok we will try it because you want to“ to “ this is on our short list to try again”.

WBG is a must do.
Love their wine list and their appetizers were wonderful.
Still seems to be a hidden gem.

To my surprise, my daughter choose WBG for her 21st birthday dinner in July. I think we will do charcuterie, small plates and the steak platter. And drinks! Thank you the review. So glad you loved it!!

Thanks for the review! We have reservations for our upcoming trip in September.

Someday I really need to go there with enough people to order the shared steak. It would be way too much for just my sister and me, but it looks so good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter