Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Dan, thanks for writing the report. As always, I've enjoyed following along and "going on vacation" with you and your family.

I hope we get to see you guys next summer on one of your visits to Chicago.
thanks for joining in...and you know we will have many more day trips to chicago, ill let you know when the first one arrives...

Thanks for the TR, Dan! Loved hanging out with your family for...well, 14 months. :rotfl2:

Hope it's not too long of a wait before you get back to Disney. And I hope you get to enjoy lots of other adventures in the meantime!
thanks for reading along for the year plus adventure.

and we are under a year till the next trip...it is in august next year.

WAH! I hate goodbye, it's not goodbye, it's see you real soon!

Surprising kids is tough, I do want to do it again in the not too distant future but processing time is also good.

Camping will be SO much fun for you guys, I hope you do a PTR as well as a TR and definitely send me a bat signal.

What a great trip, full of magical memories. Exactly as it should be.

I started the NYE trip PTR...link is in the siggie, would love to see you over there!

you are right, its see you real soon...great line.

ill send you alink for sure, will be sometime next summer

i am subbed to yours but havent read it yet.

Thanks for sharing your trip with us! I enjoyed reading it, as usual. :)
thanks for joining in jenny, glad to have you around.
:)
I really enjoyed your TR and I look forward to your next one!

I'm with you on surprising kids. My DS is only 2.5 and knew nothing of wdw so surprising him for our trip last September was out of the question. Even when I told him about it his response was, "oh." :rotfl: But the week before we left was so much fun as we showed him the planning DVD and he began to be excited about it. Anticipating a trip can be half the fun! :)

If you're looking for a TR to read, you're welcome to read mine. It's my first one and it's been a lot of fun to write. The link is in my signature. :)

thanks for reading along.

yeah they will be excited to plan for it all summer while we build up the excitment.

thanks ill check out the link.
popcorn::

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing! I haven't commented much, but I've been following alone! Your kiddos are applesolutely adorable!

It has been a wonderful journey reading all about your trip and seeing all the great pictures of your family! Thank you for sharing it with us! :-)

I'm very much looking forward to reading about your next adventure!!

(Also, if you're interested, I've started my TR from our trip this September! The link is in my signature! Feel no pressure whatsoever to read, just wanted to throw it out there just in case!)

I hope you all enjoy the exciting planning and preparations for your next trip!! :-)

what does he have against hawaii?
has he ever been
He doesn't like the beach so he thinks he will be bored but I will say never being Disney was a never for him and look at him now. :rotfl2:

Great final thoughts to the trip.

Chapter 78. Now its time to say goodbye.

To all your company.

M-I-C

See you real soon..........

K-E-Y

Y? Because I LIKE you!!! (but mostly Candi and the kids.......) :love:

M..........O.........U..........S............EEEEEEEEEE

Sorry.......you made the song pop into my head.

These are the top ten items from the trip.

1. Surprising the kids for the trip, (didnt go as planned but still fun to wake him up and head out that day, in the future we dont plan to surprise them again we think it is funner to lead up to it and build the excitement and get pumped that way)
2. Surprising Candi with the resort, now that was alot of fun, and something i would surely do again to surprise her.
3. The kids holding hands walking down the road in MGM
4. Parker hugging the snot out of Mickey mouse in MGM
5. Noelle loving on Pluto in Chef Mickeys and having her first "real" character interaction.
6. Parker riding splash mountain for the first time...something special and awesome about that moment.
7. Relaxing at the hotel pools...
8. First real food and wine experience. we had a blast
9. Mickey buying parker a new shirt
10. Going on a fun 2 week trip with the family.
Nice list! As the kids get older, I'm sure your list will continue to hit new highs. I can't wait to see what your next trip holds! :goodvibes

I now hope to save some of those Mickey ones so if we camp next year at Disney we can use those during out stay and the kids will enjoy Mickey soaps in our camper. :thumbsup2 Ahh who am i kidding Ill enjoy Mickey soap and shampoos in our camper. ::yes::
I knew we could count on your generosity and selflessness............ :rotfl2:

And i want to say thanks for everyone who has read and commented on the report and joined along, even if it was a 14 month long report...So thanks again to my readers.
:thumbsup2
Only 14 months? No problem, I've seen longer........ :rolleyes1

Great TR and roundup! Had a blast following along! :banana:

Great TR, Dan!! :thumbsup2

I think this is the first TR I've followed from start to finish. :rotfl:

I loved following along on your trip! You did a great job on the TR and a great job with the wrap up. :) Can't wait to hear about your next trip, be sure to give me a heads up when you start your PTR. :upsidedow

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing! I haven't commented much, but I've been following alone! Your kiddos are applesolutely adorable!
thanks for taking the time to read along, i appreciate it.

and thanks for the nice comment.

It has been a wonderful journey reading all about your trip and seeing all the great pictures of your family! Thank you for sharing it with us! :-)

I'm very much looking forward to reading about your next adventure!!

(Also, if you're interested, I've started my TR from our trip this September! The link is in my signature! Feel no pressure whatsoever to read, just wanted to throw it out there just in case!)

I hope you all enjoy the exciting planning and preparations for your next trip!! :-)
thanks for reading along.

i will check out the link. thanks for the heads up.

just finished helping my BIL plan a trip there this week, so that kept me busy, but now the holidays are here so planning will be put on the back burner for while. but then when they are over i can say, going to disney THIS YEAR:cool1:

He doesn't like the beach so he thinks he will be bored but I will say never being Disney was a never for him and look at him now. :rotfl2:

Great final thoughts to the trip.

very true, i think he would enjoy it regardless, there was a bunch of other things to do. if you enjoy pools, just relaxaing at the pool is fun.

and PS, great job on the weight lose so far scott, keep it up bud.

To all your company.

M-I-C

See you real soon..........

K-E-Y

Y? Because I LIKE you!!! (but mostly Candi and the kids.......) :love:

M..........O.........U..........S............EEEEEEEEEE

Sorry.......you made the song pop into my head.
i love that song, you are going to love a shirt i found from the 1990's that i will sport in the next TR pics...very classic.

Nice list! As the kids get older, I'm sure your list will continue to hit new highs. I can't wait to see what your next trip holds! :goodvibes

I knew we could count on your generosity and selflessness............ :rotfl2:

Only 14 months? No problem, I've seen longer........ :rolleyes1

Great TR and roundup! Had a blast following along! :banana:

yep more and more things we will get to do with them on the trips, im hoping to get parker on the mini sprints htis next trip, but not sure if he would enjoy them, i have before and they are a blast. you ever been on those?

thanks for reading along, all the way from my first poster.

Great TR, Dan!! :thumbsup2

I think this is the first TR I've followed from start to finish. :rotfl:

I loved following along on your trip! You did a great job on the TR and a great job with the wrap up. :) Can't wait to hear about your next trip, be sure to give me a heads up when you start your PTR. :upsidedow

thanks for reading along from start to finish, glad to have you here. hope all is well with you.

will do, ill send a few PM's around

hmmmm this thing isnt closed down to comments yet...that means i can post something.

and im curious to see if anyone has it still in there saved threads.

our next trip is coming along nicely.

have all of my dinning reservations made, well except for the last day as that one i cant make till tomorrow.

but have some fun places to eat, some regular ones that we always hit up and 4 new dinning places for us this trip.

the kids are already getting excited and agreed to all of the plans i told them about so far.

but we are officially under the 6 month mark.
:banana:

i also got a new speedo for the trip, so i recently joined a gym so i look better in my water park pics...

that one was to see if anyone was really reading the post.:lmao:

hmmmm this thing isnt closed down to comments yet...that means i can post something.

have all of my dinning reservations made, well except for the last day as that one i cant make till tomorrow.

but have some fun places to eat, some regular ones that we always hit up and 4 new dinning places for us this trip.

the kids are already getting excited and agreed to all of the plans i told them about so far.

i also got a new speedo for the trip, so i recently joined a gym so i look better in my water park pics...

We are going to need a link to the new TR and to the speedo pictures. :rotfl2:

Jill in CO

I'm still here! The speedo thing did make me go hmmmmm for a second but then I thought each to his own. :rotfl: Can't wait to hear all about the next trip!

Definitely looking forward to the next adventure... I just booked our next one fir September. I think we're at around 225 days.

Oh yea Rosie is reading:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

A speedo? :eek: You're going to have to grow out your chest hair, learn to speak French and stop showering! :lmao:

Yay for ADRs! :yay: Your trip will be here in no time!

Did I miss you saying when you are going? :confused3

And I think the speedo might be a bit much, even for in-shape Dan. :blush:
Just sayin. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter