Surprising Waitlist Success

iteachlit

DIS Veteran
I had four nights booked in a studio at OKW for July 24-28. I had exactly the correct number of points left to book the stay.

The only other room on-property that had the same point value was a Value Studio at Jambo House. I waitlisted it, realizing that it's one of the toughest rooms to get.

The waitlist came through today! I'm pleasantly surprised.

I had four nights booked in a studio at OKW for July 24-28. I had exactly the correct number of points left to book the stay.

The only other room on-property that had the same point value was a Value Studio at Jambo House. I waitlisted it, realizing that it's one of the toughest rooms to get.

That's the best feeling! We have an impossible waitlist right now as well (currently in a 2BR VGF and waitlisting a 2BR BC for August), so hoping some of your magic floats our way, lol. Congrats!

We made someone magic the other day. Had race weekend booked in Nov. , Wife wanted to switch and go end of July in full Heat,,,so gave up Nov. ,,,Gone in 60sec.....hopefully like the runners.

Here's the funny thing: I still haven't received the email from DVC telling me that the waitlist came through. I just happened to check the My Disney Experience app and noticed the change. I then verified the information on the DVC member site.

Of course, it's not really surprising given how bad Disney's IT is.

Here's the funny thing: I still haven't received the email from DVC telling me that the waitlist came through. I just happened to check the My Disney Experience app and noticed the change. I then verified the information on the DVC member site.

Of course, it's not really surprising given how bad Disney's IT is.

Sometimes it can take days for the waitlist one to happen, especially if you didn’t have to replace one you have.

Congrats. That seems VERY lucky!!!

Do you find it hard for a waitlist to come through? I just did one yesterday for the end of September….I couldn’t believe it was sold out for then already being its a slow time of year then!

Do you find it hard for a waitlist to come through? I just did one yesterday for the end of September….I couldn’t believe it was sold out for then already being its a slow time of year then!
Early September is a slow time. Mid to late September gets busier. And now that the entire month of September is the lowest point cost for the entire DVC year, while October is the 5th lowest of 7 seasons, I think many people have moved their routine travel time from early October to late September. The weather is the same, F&W is already going, etc.

I just got on the waitlist for the value room for a few days in November. Not really anticipating it will happen. But you are giving me hope!

Just got my Waitlist confirmed yesterday! I think we got lucky! We are staying at the Grand Floridian on a Studio with Lagoon View. Cant wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter