Survivor 36: Ghost Island

Boooo, didn't realize it was starting tonight. Missed the first 30 minutes.

But yeah - I love Survivor - happy for another season

I like Donathan. I identify with his being a Southern gay male not knowing any other gay men. Glad Jacob and Gonzalez are gome.

Last edited:
So far so good! Both vote offs were good choices. Looks like it’s going to be another great season.

I agree there are some that are going full bore right out of the gate. Could make for an interesting few episodes.

There are many things I would do if I was accepted to go on Survivor—watch all the previous seasons, learn to make fire, and make sure I can swim reasonably well, including diving a few feet!! Those guys were pathetic. And Donathan is not a “hero,” Jeff, for finally trying. In fact, I don’t think you should cheer and push a team during competition. Jeez!

I really enjoyed the premiere. I love Donathon. I think he's going to be a fan favorite. He's got a great narrative, kind of reminded me of David from Millenials v. Gen X. He seems like a genuine person who is appreciative to be there and determined to make the most of it. I liked how he zeroed in on making Gonzalez a target instead of just begging people to not vote him out. I hope he gets on a winning team after the tribe swap next week. I think he's always going to be in jeopardy if he's not.

I'm so glad Gonzalez was voted out. I found her to be arrogant and smug. Her facial expressions during Tribal Council said it all. You can tell she was used to being popular and getting her way, so it wasn't even a possibility in her mind that she would be voted out over the skinny, unathletic "oddball."

I didn't mind Jacob, but he was his own undoing. I was really surprised with how good Stephanie was, especially with Jacob.

Rob Has A Podcast does a whole preseason series of the players, with interviews of each of them and perceptions other players have of them. It's really interesting. It's called "First One Out." The final chapter will be today, with an extensive interview with Gonzalez. I don't think anyone thought she would be the first.

I thought it was a great first episode!

I don't care much for Donathon. Speaking for myself as a Southerner, the whole "aw shucks y'all, I ain't never been outta Bumpkin County in mah whole life" shtick does not endear him to me at all. I would have much rather had Gonzales in the game. At least she was playing. Donathan is playing up this weak, deer in the headlights role hoping someone is going to step in and be his protector. It looks like Jeff Probst is taking the bait.

Jacob was highly entertaining for 2 hours. I hope he gets a second chance. That Ghost Island "advantage" was crap but at least the trip saved him from one tribal council.

I agree that Stephanie Johnson was a surprise. I thought she was going to be too kooky for me with the neon clothes and alternative healing background. Now I suspect there might be a really smart social player underneath all of that.

Generally, I find this cast to be a pretty arrogant bunch. My favorite based on all of the preseason media was Brendan Shapiro. I was glad to see him come out really strong last night.

Last edited:
I'm glad Jacob was voted out. He should have kept his mouth shut about the advantage and who he gave it to.:sad2:

I’m not buying what Donathan’s selling. (Although I was happy to see Alpha Female Mean Girl Gonzalez go home first.) His name alone annoys me, but his whole Gomer Pyle Mini
Me routine is just too much. His refusal to even TRY to dive into the water infuriated me. He’s no hero for finally getting off his rear and doing what he should’ve been doing all along. I think he’s working the “help this little ole sheltered Southern gay boy have a chance to be exposed to the big ole diverse outside world” to stay in a game by making the other players feel some sort of responsibility/duty, when normally they’d have been shed of him since Day One.

I’m not buying what Donathan’s selling. (Although I was happy to see Alpha Female Mean Girl Gonzalez go home first.) His name alone annoys me, but his whole Gomer Pyle Mini
Me routine is just too much. His refusal to even TRY to dive into the water infuriated me. He’s no hero for finally getting off his rear and doing what he should’ve been doing all along. I think he’s working the “help this little ole sheltered Southern gay boy have a chance to be exposed to the big ole diverse outside world” to stay in a game by making the other players feel some sort of responsibility/duty, when normally they’d have been shed of him since Day One.
I kind of think he's acting a bit too. He sure did dive in that water like an old pro. I am thinking he is actually a little bit of a comp beast but faking the 'I can't do anything, I am weak like David and Ryan' in order to male it to merge. Maybe. We'll see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter