Sushi?

ellismom

Mouseketeer
We leave in 62 days, ADRs made, and my son has decided sushi is the best thing ever.
So, 1) Is sushi offered at any of the places we're booked?
2)Any easy switches for somewhere that does?
3) Does anyone know anything about the Kona sushi bar? Could we order there and take it into Ohana? Thanks so much!!!
Here's our game plan:
Whispering Canyon (no sushi I'm assuming!)
Sci-Fi
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Homecomin' (again, pretty sure no sushi!)
Yak & Yeti
O'Hana
Be Our Guest
Garden Grill
Le Cellier

All the current menus are available on the Walt Disney World website:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/

Tokyo Dining in Japan at Epcot has an extensive selection of sushi/sashimi that is made-to-order in the dining room. Depending on your party size, it's a restaurant where it's usually possible to get dining times at the last minute. So, you may be able to switch one of your Epcot choices there once you arrive, if your son is in dire need for sushi. (Just watch the cancelation deadlines.)

Yak & Yeti has a dragon roll appetizer that was to-die-for when we ordered it last year.

I don't know of it being offered at any of the other places you listed.

The sushi at the Kona bar looked really good when we were there in May but we didn't stop and get any. I don't know if they'd let you bring it into 'Ohana, but just a heads up that you'd still have to pay full price for him to enter, even if he's eating the sushi instead of the food served there.

We leave in 62 days, ADRs made, and my son has decided sushi is the best thing ever.
So, 1) Is sushi offered at any of the places we're booked?
2)Any easy switches for somewhere that does?
3) Does anyone know anything about the Kona sushi bar? Could we order there and take it into Ohana? Thanks so much!!!
Here's our game plan:
Whispering Canyon (no sushi I'm assuming!)
Sci-Fi
Yachtsman Steakhouse
Homecomin' (again, pretty sure no sushi!)
Yak & Yeti
O'Hana
Be Our Guest
Garden Grill
Le Cellier
Nope. If you want sushi....You want Tokyo Dining, Teppan Edo at EPCOT, Cali Grill at Contemporary, Kona Cafe (has it at dinner) at Poly, or Kimono's over at the Swan Resort.

Kimono's at the Swan has the best sushi on property, but unless you are willing to cancel Yachtsman or really rearrange things, there's no easy switch. Kona"s sushi is subpar IMHO. You could switch Garden Grill for Tokyo Dining if you are willing to drop that meal. My suggestion - keep what you have and stop for QS at Katsuri Grill in EP. They have sushi plus some other Japanese dishes which are very good!

Of the places you listed Yak and Yeti does have a single sushi roll on their menu, though I've never tried it. Not sure if you could take Kona sushi to Ohana, but we had it once and it was pretty subpar. Not much better than what you could get in a grocery store. Our favorite place for sushi on property is California Grill, but not sure if that would fit in your plans. Tokyo Dining is pretty good too

Of the places you listed Yak and Yeti does have a single sushi roll on their menu, though I've never tried it. Not sure if you could take Kona sushi to Ohana, but we had it once and it was pretty subpar. Not much better than what you could get in a grocery store. Our favorite place for sushi on property is California Grill, but not sure if that would fit in your plans. Tokyo Dining is pretty good too

@kastoney, I always lurk on your reports, I feel like a celebrity answered me! Lol. I've been thinking of switching out Le Cellier for CG but I'm not sure if we'll feel like leaving the park on our last night. I think we're going to try our luck at the Japan booth for F&W or going to the Kabuki Cafe. Seems like a missed opportunity to be on DDXP and not be able to get him any but he's 8 and getting surprised with this trip so he'd better get over it!

Thanks everybody!!

Kimono's at the Swan has the best sushi on property, but unless you are willing to cancel Yachtsman or really rearrange things, there's no easy switch. Kona"s sushi is subpar IMHO. You could switch Garden Grill for Tokyo Dining if you are willing to drop that meal. My suggestion - keep what you have and stop for QS at Katsuri Grill in EP. They have sushi plus some other Japanese dishes which are very good!

Another vote for Kimono's!!! We go every trip and both my husband I and myself agree that it's the best sushi on property. Kona was lousy, we'd never get sushi there again.

@kastoney, I always lurk on your reports, I feel like a celebrity answered me! Lol. I've been thinking of switching out Le Cellier for CG but I'm not sure if we'll feel like leaving the park on our last night. I think we're going to try our luck at the Japan booth for F&W or going to the Kabuki Cafe. Seems like a missed opportunity to be on DDXP and not be able to get him any but he's 8 and getting surprised with this trip so he'd better get over it!

Thanks everybody!!

IMHO, the sushi at Katsuri is as good as the sushi at Tokyo Dining, so you aren't missing out and you'll save some time!

Kimono's or CG both have really solid offerings. You could easily get a reservation at Kimono's and it has some pretty fun karoake if you're into that. I've even enjoyed it (I'm not terribly outgoing) after a good bit of sake! I've definitely enjoyed just seeing others do it.

My DH thought the sushi was better here at home (in Wisconsin!) than at Kona. I was bummed - I booked just for that! He did enjoy sushi at Tokyo Dining in Epcot.

In Disney Springs: Has anyone ever had sushi at Morimoto Asia Street Food? I know there isn't much offered, but I was curious. Also, YeSake... is this place pretty much sushi burritos? Can anyone confirm that and let me know how it is? Just want to provide some options...

Last question: Is the sushi at California Grill really special or do people just like the restaurant/views?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter