suv rental question

SheriB

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever rented a large SUV? I've tried just about all the major rental sites, and can't get a price for a Chevy Suburban, or something of that nature (large SUV). I can only get pricing online for a Jeep, Ford Explorer or similar-they're not big enough. I need something for seven people, plus luggage. What do they run approximately for one week?

Or, would there be enough room in a minivan? I know minivans can hold seven people, but can they hold seven people's luggage inside, as well? Or do you put the luggage on a luugage rack on top? Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated. We're not going to WDW until June 2003, but I'm trying to do some homework now, and not having much luck with the large SUV search.

Thanks,
Sheri

There was a post the other day saying that the poster had found a large size SUV for $700 a week!

Thanks!

I went to the Budget site, but I still can't get it to give me a price for the large SUV, just the smaller one. I can get a page that says that the Expedition & Navigator are available, but when I do the pricing options, I can't get those vehicles in the options. Maybe I should just call them.

How about a minivan, anyone? Any problems with seven people plus luggage? I'm not sure which would be the better option.

Sheri

you might be better off getting a minivan and a compact (cost wise) The minivan to transport luggage and a few people to WDW, the compact for 2 - 1 day rentals back and forth from the airport. Probably a lot cheaper than a full size SUV.

As for a minivan being enough...HOW much luggage??? I've found 4 adults/2 kids + luggage is really cramming (on airports days only).

We got a minivan from Budget one time (Ford Windstar), and there was no way you could fit 7 people AND luggage! We had to use the back seat for luggage (there are only 4 of us).

With the Yukon XL, I think we paid around $600-700 with taxes for an 8 day rental.

Thanks.

I'm going to try again for the large SUV. I'm also going to try the idea of renting a minivan for the week and a smaller car for the 1st and last days. Thanks for your help!

Sheri

Great idea!

InterAmerican at Orlando Airport rents large vans and suvs. They have 8 passenger Ford Explorer (Premium SUV) for $599 a week plus tax. There have been other's here who have rented with them and were very pleased. Try to do a search here at the DIS borads for past posts. Their website is http://www.interamerican.com/
They are not onsite but close, on the ariport road I believe. I think you can get a free shuttle bus to pick you up. Good Luck!

RobinLyn:D

Thanks, RobinLyn!

I'll check it out.
Hey, we're neighbors! I see you're from Turnersville. I'm from Gibbstown (if you haven't heard of it, it's right next door to Paulsboro).
Thanks again.

Sheri

Hertz (offairport) online lets you get prices for Ford Expeditions (Full-Size SUV), Ford Excursions (Premium SUV), and Lincoln Navigators. However, they do tend to be very expensive.

Sheri,

I know right where you are Sheri, I use to work in Mantua. I hope you find what your looking for in a car rental. If you rent two cars, try Dollar (onsite) and use a promo code for a discount. There are a few codes for Avis (onsite) out right now also. I have used Dollar and Avis several times at MCO with great service at both. Good Luck neighbor!

RobinLyn;)

If your going to rent a van & a compact - you might check out National. If you are staying close to WDW - there is a National office at either the Swan or Dolphin. So if you only need the smaller vehicle for one or two days it would be closer for dropping off the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter