SW/DC plan - thoughts?

diswedwish

DIS Veteran
So my mom and I are going to SW and DC this January before the Disney portion of our trip. Last time we were there was when I was 5 - I'm a bit older now;)

We'll be going from 1/2-1/6, hoping to do DC on 1/4. We'll arrive around 12 on 1/2 and need to leave for Disney in the morning on 1/6. So basically 2 1/2 days for SW and 1 day for DC.

We're planning to stay at the Red Roof Inn closest to SW (1 mi. away supposedly) since I'll have some free night certificates - you can't beat free, right? Does anyone have any truly awful reviews, any so awful that even if the place were free you wouldn't stay there? And it is only for 4 nights...

We won't have a car so we were planning to use the I trolley, I've used search and found a couple threads on here about it. Is it really as easy to use at it sounds? Does it run until SW closes? For our DC day should we get a cab if we want to get there when the park opens? I know there's a shuttle between SW and DC but I don't know if it runs that early...

I wanted to surprise my mom with 2 of the SW tours - the Beluga Interaction Program which is new and the Sharks Deep Dive. Any reviews? I'm currently using search for these;) We also want to do the Dine with Shamu (or whatever it is called now) and probably lunch at Sharks Underwater Grill.

So with all of those things planned for SW with park close at 6 do you think we have time? We do tend to go go go and we'll be fresh since it's at the beginning of our trip. But I didn't want to run my mom into the ground right away either...

Thank you in advance for any help!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter