SWA fares starting to creep up in July and August

ILoveMyDVC

DIS Veteran
I just had to make a few chages and fares are creeping back up. Nothing majors $38 was the highest (one way) but still if I had to pay for a family...

Perhaps it is a good sign that they expect to fly soon.

In any case, get those fares locked in sooner than later.

Last edited:

Eastern

DIS Veteran
Same with United. I just booked October tickets with points yesterday, and today points and $ for the same flights are up a bit. As soon as Disney announces opening times I think people will rush to book airfare.

• mickeynut1

DIS Veteran
    I noticed that too. I booked flights about a month ago for the beginning of Aug at $58 each way (from Chicago Midway). Those same flights are now $89, which is still a decent fare, but they are slowly creeping up. Same thing happened for Oct. I never booked anything as an Oct trip probably isn't in the cards, but those flights were also $58 and have gone up as well with some well over $100 now.

spiders

DIS Veteran
    United reported they were down 95% in April year over year. United is now reporting that bookings are down 75% in July year over year. Anyway you look at it, the numbers are absolutely devastating but a 20% increase does show a glimmer of hope.

thanxfornoticin

Mouseketeer
    Less flights, less seats being allowed for use on the planes, and a potential uptick of travelers starting again in the upcoming months? Sounds like a formula for some rate shock with most airlines moving forward.

mikehn

DIS Veteran
    SW bookings have outpaced cancellations, so yes, things are looking up. And it seems the higher fares reflect that.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
    Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.