Swan Dolphin on chase ultimate rewards

PrincessDJC

Earning My Ears
I was reading an article that said you can book swan or dolphin on the chase ultimate rewards portal but I don’t see them. Has anyone done that in the past?

earlier this year I was able to book the Swan Reserve, but have not seen the Swan or Dolphin.

Sounds like an outdated article. A while back you could have but then Chase pulled Swolphin along with all Disney hotels 🙄

Chase is switching its portal from Expedia (to cxLoyalty). Don't know if that has any impact on what hotels are available.

I'm able to use my Chase Marriott rewards but for one night in April is 50K points....I might pay cash since it doesn't seem that I can used free night credit

They had availability for May but it was 50k points per night.

Last edited:

I booked them on the Amex rewards site - they are part of The Hotel Collection for Amex. (I got the related Amex benefits AND Marriott benefits)

Did not try on the Chase site, I don't remember seeing them there in September.

I was reading an article that said you can book swan or dolphin on the chase ultimate rewards portal but I don’t see them. Has anyone done that in the past?

I had the same question about a month ago, so I called Chase Ultimate Rewards. The representative told me that they (Chase) will typically buy blocks of rooms (like other travel brokers) and make them available on the Chase Ultimate Rewards site. However, due to COVID and hotel closures, they have been conservative with purchasing rooms. She told me to keep an eye on it as we progress into 2022.

I have seen it off and on but the prices were more than I would get using a AAA discount.

Absolutely true! I have never seen a really great "discount" through Chase Ultimate Rewards. The primary benefit is being able to pay with Chase Points.

Absolutely true! I have never seen a really great "discount" through Chase Ultimate Rewards. The primary benefit is being able to pay with Chase Points.
If you transfer points to Marriott Bonvoy can you use your AAA discount and then pay with points?

I've never noticed a place to put in coupon codes in on the Chase site, so I don't think so. At least no that I am aware of.

clarifying: if you transfer your chase points to your Marriott account and then book on the Marriott website using a AAA discounted rate can you use those (now Marriott) points for payment? I’ve never used Marriott points so wasn’t sure if they could only be used on rack rates or if they were accepted as payment on discount rates when booking directly on Marriott site.

Ohh yea... I hadn't considered transferring points. Good call. I don't know about Marriot as I'm a Hilton Dimond, but I do know that you can do that with Hilton when paying half money/half points. I would think Marriott would allow the same. Sorry I can't be of more help there.

clarifying: if you transfer your chase points to your Marriott account and then book on the Marriott website using a AAA discounted rate can you use those (now Marriott) points for payment? I’ve never used Marriott points so wasn’t sure if they could only be used on rack rates or if they were accepted as payment on discount rates when booking directly on Marriott site.
When you book on Marriott you can either book with points or use a discount code (like AAA or a corporate code). So in this case you would be using points. Not sure why you would need a AAA discount anyway since there's no $ charge.

When you book on Marriott you can either book with points or use a discount code (like AAA or a corporate code). So in this case you would be using points. Not sure why you would need a AAA discount anyway since there's no $ charge.
I was thinking with the discount the price would be less so it would require less points.

I was thinking with the discount the price would be less so it would require less points.

That's not how Marriott points bookings work. Its based on hotel category and peak vs off peak dates. Rack rate pricing does not directly tie in to the points required for an award booking.

(Note - Marriott's methodology will change to flexible demand based points in a month or two. That's still not likely to be tied directly to price or allow for discounts.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter