Swan & Dolphin rates are ridiculously, incredulously high now!

happy2go2wdwmom

<font color=violet>I love that great song!<br><fon
Have you checked out the rates at the S&D for 2019? Over $2,000 a night? Are they high after partaking in the waters from their giant fountains?! Sheesh.

I think that's a mistake? I don't see that. I see a total package price, including all the dates you enter. Is that what you are seeing?

I saw $1800 for the Dolphin for a standard double room for the first week in March. I thought it was a typo but it’s been that way for weeks.

I saw $1800 for the Dolphin for a standard double room for the first week in March. I thought it was a typo but it’s been that way for weeks.
There may be a convention or something going on to reduce inventory as a result upping the rate.

I saw that rate pop up for a standard room at the Swan as well. I thought it was a mistake. I then checked the Dolphin and there rates were pretty much in line to what I'm used to seeing.

I have noticed crazy rates at the Swan, as well. Tonight, it is quoting a Resort View room for $2878 + taxes and fees, for the “Member” rate. The site is indicating there are two rooms left, but will not allow any booking for the room. I think the property may be sold out for that date.

Two days later, the rate is $246 per night.

Hmmm, I guess it depends on the dates you are entering, but the $2000+ a night for room only--no view (NO PACKAGE) is what I keep getting on many dates I enter. I was trying for late April using multiple websites: WDW, Trip Advisor, Marriott, Westin, Expedia, Priceline...also trying many other dates just to see what pops up and I am seeing similar sticker shocking rates in bwtween their regular high prices (worth it IMHO)--maybe their site is messed up or maybe it has to do with conventions or maybe it is because they ahve changed ownership?? This can not be the correct rates; unless they are high.

Looks normal to me, rates from Marriott.com
swan.png

As I said, depends on the dates you enter---I am not looking for November. Check around other dates and months and you'll see what I and PP are talking about $2000 a night room only+. on a LOT of dates. And I just checked using your link and got the $2000 rates on several dates I entered. :rolleyes2

As I said, depends on the dates you enter---I am not looking for November. Check around other dates and months and you'll see what I and PP are talking about $2000 a night room only+. on a LOT of dates. And I just checked using your link and got the $2000 rates on several dates I entered. :rolleyes2

My bet is there's some sort of convention or group travel going on, wiping out the inventory. The first week of March is mardi gras so I guess it's possible there's heavier travel than normal...

I actually just booked the Dolphin this morning for President's Day weekend. I got a standard room, no view, at the Marriott membership rate and am paying about $310 a night with taxes and resort fees. Comparable room at the Swan is $1334 PER NIGHT. So, my choices were about $900 for 3 nights at the Dolphin or $4000 for a room at the Swan. It's really strange!!

Just wanted to update this - I went into the Marriott site to make sure I got the best deal on our 3-night stay over President's Day weekend. I booked our room for $938 total. That same room is now over $2000 for the 3 nights! So, I'm thinking this really is a dynamic-pricing, availability fluctuation we are seeing. The less rooms available, the higher the price goes up. I've never seen this before with Swan/Dolphin, but I'm sure glad I locked in my $312 per night rate!

We're going in early April. I was pricing out various resorts because my DH is going to a conference. I can stay at any Disney resort (that is available) cheaper than I can stay at Swan or Dolphin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter