Swan/Dolphin Upgrade with SPG

Nimbus

Just a guy who likes Dolewhip
Got a question hopefully some of you points/Disney sleuths can help me with. Platinum SPG members get upgrades including suites when available at check-in. I'm assuming the Swan/Dolphin are pretty near capacity most of the year, so I wouldn't think there's a lot of times when the suite upgrade would be offered. Or is this not the case?

Can anyone speak from experience? How often are these upgrades available for platinum? Is there a time of year that works best?

Similarly, if I book a standard room (planning on staying on points), does anyone have experience or knowledge of the likelihood of being able to upgrade to a theme park view room?

Just trying to set/temper expectations. Any advice or info is appreciated.

thanks,

Platinums are supposed to get "best available room upon checkin". I was Platinum in 2016 and got upgraded to a suite Thanksgiving week. Your best bets are weeks/days where there is not a big convention going on. Also, if you really do want a view you can upgrade your room for like 1,000-1,500 SPG points per night.

I was upgraded from a standard room to a theme park room in October long weekend Friday through Sunday and I'm only Silver preferred. No idea how common that is, seemed like the hotels were pretty busy and they had some private function on Saturday night.

there's a whole thread of S/D experts over on the resort board also...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter