Swan/Dolphin vs Caribbean Beach?

Monk6552

Earning My Ears
I'm headed to Disney at the beginning of February for a weekend on my own and I'm trying to decide between CBR and Swan/Dolphin. I'm a passholder so the rates are virtually the same. I'm planning to try to hit all four parks - but likely more Epcot, HS, and AK than MK if I had to drop one. I've never stayed at Swan/Dolphin; I have stayed at CBR, but it was years ago pre-skyliner. I'm mostly concerned with convenience, feeling safe, and the rooms being reasonably decent. Part of me thinks I should do Swan/Dolphin for the ease of access to Epcot/HS - but I've also seen so many not great reviews.

What do you recommend??

Swan or Dolphin. I've stayed at both of them, and at CBR. CBR definitely feels like a moderate, while the Swan and Dolphin feel like deluxe resorts. You also get the extra evening hours perk (if it is running during your visit) while staying at the Swan and Dolphin.

I'm headed to Disney at the beginning of February for a weekend on my own and I'm trying to decide between CBR and Swan/Dolphin. I'm a passholder so the rates are virtually the same. I'm planning to try to hit all four parks - but likely more Epcot, HS, and AK than MK if I had to drop one. I've never stayed at Swan/Dolphin; I have stayed at CBR, but it was years ago pre-skyliner. I'm mostly concerned with convenience, feeling safe, and the rooms being reasonably decent. Part of me thinks I should do Swan/Dolphin for the ease of access to Epcot/HS - but I've also seen so many not great reviews.

What do you recommend??

I've stayed at both several times and just did a solo trip at the Dolphin last week. I would vote Dolphin, hands-down. The rooms are a bit "utilitarian" - no theming, etc. - but the beds are very comfortable and the staff are super nice. I would definitely consider becoming a Bonvoy member if you aren't already one. I really like Fuel, in the lobby, to grab drinks and snacks. You just can't beat the convenience of the location. I also actually love where the Swan/Dolphin bus drops you off at AK - it's much closer than the WDW bus stops. For MK, just be aware the Swan/Dolphin bus will take you to TTC and then you will have to ferry or monorail, but you can walk over to YC and just take the bus from there. Unless there is a massive price difference, I would always choose Swan/Dolphin over any mod.

I've stayed at both in the last year, and hands down, I'd choose the Swan/Dolphin. You can't beat the location and the ability to walk to two parks. PLUS, you can easily access the Skyliner, and we love the Friendship Boats. You can also quickly walk to the Boardwalk/Yacht/Beach resorts for dining or shopping. You truly do get a Deluxe resort experience for the same price as a moderate including the extended evening hours, which are awesome. The bad reviews made me super nervous, so I totally understand how you feel, but our experience was incredible at the Dolphin - clean rooms and excellent customer service.

Swan/Dolphin hands down. CBR is nice, but still a moderate. The deluxe resorts have more perks, and with Swan/dolphin is the advantage of great location.

This is so helpful! Any suggestion on swan vs dolphin? I assume Swan is slightly nicer (queen beds) - but I’m traveling along so not sure that matters much if there’s a better reason to do dolphin.

This is absolutely splitting hairs that the differences are so slight it might not matter choosing swan or dolphin but I have family that works for Marriott and they've stayed at the Swolphin many times. The swan has fewer total rooms than the dolphin so there are (allegedly) shorter lines for breakfast/ quick service and some say it's easier to navigate, while I believe the walk to Epcot from the Dolphin is ever so slightly shorter than from the Swan. Depending on the direction you go around the lake it may not matter but I think going with the best deal from either property is the way to go.

**Edit- Word is the difference in the walk is negligible

Last edited:
This is absolutely splitting hairs that the differences are so slight it might not matter choosing swan or dolphin but I have family that works for Marriott and they've stayed at the Swolphin many times. The swan has fewer total rooms than the dolphin so there are (allegedly) shorter lines for breakfast/ quick service and some say it's easier to navigate, while I believe the walk to Epcot from the Dolphin is ever so slightly shorter than from the Swan. Depending on the direction you go around the lake it may not matter but I think going with the best deal from either property is the way to go.

**Edit- Word is the difference in the walk is negligible
Thank you this is really helpful! I’d walk is negligible sounds like Swan might be very slightly better.

It is a slight difference, but we prefer the dolphin actually. More restaurants, bigger hotel feeling, etc.

This is so helpful! Any suggestion on swan vs dolphin? I assume Swan is slightly nicer (queen beds) - but I’m traveling along so not sure that matters much if there’s a better reason to do dolphin.
Each hotel has it's fans. I prefer the Swan, because it's smaller. I really like them both, and I stay at whichever has the better price.

Its a little further, but our favorite is the Swan Reserve as Marriott Elite members you sometimes get real suites, or you can buy them.

Yes it is more of a walk, but it is pretty close to DVC style accommodations at that point.

Agreeing with the previous post about Fuel in the Dolphin – it's surprisingly good for what looks like a pretty haphazard quick service coffee shop on the outside!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter