Swan Reserve vs Beach Club

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
Are there any advantages to staying at the Beach Club vs the new Swan Reserve? Does the Swan Reserve feel Disney like? Is Epcot and Hollywood studios closer from the Beach Club. Also, is the Beach Club closer to the Boardwalk restaurants and entertainment? We would be two grandparents, two 30-something parents and two children ages 8 and 4. Thank you

Are there any advantages to staying at the Beach Club vs the new Swan Reserve?

The BC has better bus transportation and though many S&D guests walk to a Disney resort to catch a bus, the Swan is slightly further out and across a street (Epcot Resorts Blvd). The SR offers a better hotel for the price but little else. In case it matters (because it does to us), some BC rooms have balconies, many do not. No balconies at all at the SR.

YC&BC also have Stormalong Bay, the best pool on premise.

Does the Swan Reserve feel Disney like?

It's a beautiful hotel, but there is no Disney theming.

Is Epcot and Hollywood studios closer from the Beach Club.

Yes, BC is the closest to Epcot, right next the the International Gateway entrance to Epcot. That also makes it the closest the the Skyliner station to get to HS.

is the Beach Club closer to the Boardwalk restaurants and entertainment?

Again, yes, while BWI is equidistant from the BC and S&D, once again, the SR is across the street.

Last edited:
Are there any advantages to staying at the Beach Club vs the new Swan Reserve? Does the Swan Reserve feel Disney like? Is Epcot and Hollywood studios closer from the Beach Club. Also, is the Beach Club closer to the Boardwalk restaurants and entertainment? We would be two grandparents, two 30-something parents and two children ages 8 and 4. Thank you

I would, hands-down, stay at the Beach Club over Swan Reserve. Beach Club is the closest you can get to Epcot and the Skyliner (boat dock is close as well). It's also closer to the Boardwalk. Swan Reserve does not feel like Disney and is across a major street from the Swan/Dolphin hotels. Other than price, it offers no advantage over BC, IMHO. If you would rather stay at one of the Marriott properties, we prefer the Swan (not Swan Reserve) which would be closer to the boat dock and the walking path to Hollywood Studios.

I like having the Marriott points, but with little kids, if the price was anywhere close to the same I would stay at the Beach Club. On day one (with good weather) the walk does not feel like a big deal but 4 park days later......

The Swan Reserve was fantastic this February, but I had teenagers with me, so the Disney theming did not matter as much.

We have stayed at both Beach Club, Swan reserve and Swan on different trips to Disney.

Of the 3 I would concur with people who say Beach Club is quite a bit closer to EPCOT than the Swan reserve is.

The reserve is across a street from the Swan/Dolphin and that adds a bit more to the walk but at least for us we never found the street difficult to get across as there is a walk light right there.

To me I guess it really comes down to what is most important to you for your trip. BC has the best pool of the three, is closest to EPCOT and has the most Disney theming. The SR is a really nice hotel, pretty much brand new, does not have balconies and a bit further away. The Swan is kind of the middle ground. It is almost as close as as BC to the parks, is as close to the boat to HS and EPCOT and has balconies.

The big difference to me is usually price. It is not uncommon to be able to get Swan/Dolphin/Reserve for much less per night then the Disney owned properties. Just be aware when searching prices that the Swan/Dolphin/Reserve do charge a daily $35 resort fee that you will want to factor into your decision.

All of the discussed give you all the other perks like early entry and late hours at select parks.

Swan Reserve is nice but the best way to describe it, it's a luxury resort that happens to be close to WDW. IMO it's less disney feeling than Swan and Dolphin since S/D have been at WDW since the 90's, so for me, as a 90's kid, I associate Swan and Dolphin with Disney, but not Swan Reserve since it's so new. Also, SR shares buses, laundry facilities and in-room dining with the S/D too. That is a huge negative for a luxury resort with the prices it's currently charging.

SR is closer to DHS on foot than Beach Club but on the other hand, BC is as close as it gets to Epcot. And with little kids, they will LOVE BC and the pool area, Stormalong Bay. The Swan Reserve will feel like a Marriott and nothing more and the pool is sterile and boring in comparison. At BC, you'll be close to the boardwalk for entertainment, which is great for all, close to good dining and you can boat to DHS which is very convenient and easy on the feet.

IMO, the only negatives about BC is the pool being so popular, it can get very crowded and hard to find seating but even then, it's still a great location and well themed hotel. And the other is that not all rooms have balconies, which I find odd for a deluxe but I suppose it didn't work with the design. They have this small Juliette balcony that like only 1 person can stand on. It's odd.

As PP mentioned, you will be a $35 resort fee at SR and you'll also be charged for parking. BC will also charge for parking too.

Absolutely the BC (or YC) over Swan Reserve. We didn't stay there but we have explored the hotel. It is just that, a hotel. It didn't feel like a resort the same way BC does. I would save the money and stay at the Dolphin or Swan over the Reserve.

For the Swan, we did use the Boardwalk bus one day for MK. After we moved to the Reserve, we found it easier to use the Reserve's and take the monorail in because it is a bit further from Boardwalk at that point but you didn't have to go through security screening again because you had to before you entered the monorail where you will at the park entrance Reserve was much quieter. Otherwise we just took the boats/skyliner or walked. The animal kingdom bus was fine, too. I would have no problem staying at the Beach Club. Its location is excellent and I love the atmosphere. But with the huge cost difference, to me the only true benefit, at the moment, is being able to use your magicband to pay and open doors....we will use the Reserve unless things change.

We stayed at Swan Reserve in January solely based on the number of suites they had available since we were traveling with a toddler. It was a last minute trip and we were still able to snag a one bedroom suite for significantly less than any Disney resorts so we could put my 12 mo old to bed and still hang out in the living room. Other than that, I think BC would win hands down!

Huge fan of Swan Reserve, rooms are gorgeous and you're usually able to get a Signature suite for much less than a standard from at Beach Club. Yes it is further away but the walk isn't bad. Pool is more chill. Great property and great price (even with the resort fee).

Also, SR shares buses, laundry facilities and in-room dining with the S/D too. That is a huge negative for a luxury resort with the prices it's currently charging.
Beach Club has no in-room dining at all right now. It used to, but not anymore. I find BC food offerings to be the weakest of any of the resorts on Crescent. Heck, I was there last week and they didn't even have fries at Stormalong Bay.

I have never stayed at SR- but I expect their rooms ARE nicer. BC is starting to show some age (especially the villas we have stayed in!). SR is probably cheaper too-though I have never price compared. Thats easy enough to do online though.

If room quality and quieter pool is priority, you may be happier there. You will have to walk a little further and bus service will not be as extensive.

We stay ay BC/YC specifically for the pool and proximity to Epcot/HS. We care less about the room and more about the amenities (primarily pool) and location.

Beach Club has no in-room dining at all right now. It used to, but not anymore. I find BC food offerings to be the weakest of any of the resorts on Crescent. Heck, I was there last week and they didn't even have fries at Stormalong Bay.
Yea- the fryer has been broken since the return from covid. Word is they are not replacing it. Lounge at Compass and Ale will give you a much better burger and fries to go, but you don't get poolside service!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter