Swan vs Dolphin Resort?

Dolphin or Swan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bryan Isip

Earning My Ears
Hello, We are going to Disney World for the first time this coming November 24 to December 2. For the first 5 nights, we are staying at POP since we got the free dining package (6 days). The next 5 nights, we can't decide whether to stay at Disney Dolphin or Swan. We are actually using SPG points so the cost difference doesn't matter. We would like to swim at the Grotto pool that is closer at the Dolphine but we like the quietness and the bigger rooms of the swim. Any suggestions?

I voted for the Swan since it has Queen beds vs Doubles in the Dolphin. It is about 1/2 the size of the Dolphin so much easier to get around but still close to all the food options at the Dolphin.

Dave

Agree with above. I like the smaller size and queen beds at the Swan. I also like to sit outside in the courtyards. With that said, I will stay at whichever happens to be less expensive, because I like them both.

I'm the lone dissenter. I've stayed at the Swan three times so far...and each time I've had some kind of issue. Twice I had housekeeping issues. The room wasn't made up when I returned to the room in early evening. One time, my dd and I stayed in MK for an after hours event, but dh went back to the room. He got there around 10pm, to find the room exactly as we had left it that morning. He called housekeeping, they offered to come make the beds up! Seriously? He asked for fresh towels, but it took them close to 45 mins to get that done.
But every time I've stayed at the Dolphin, things have been fine. So, I just stay there now.

Stayed at swan once, dolphin 3 times both on points, cash, and points and cash, and really like both options. I prefer the dolphin since the renovations there. I have been fortunate to be upgraded or pay for good views. In my opinion, you can’t go wrong with either choice due to location and amenities. I have had good experiences with front desk, late checkout, and housekeeping. Even though I opt out of HK for points, HK staff is very accommodating with supplies replenishment.

Was the recent renovations done only for the Dolphin?
No, both were renovated, the Swan was done first, followed by the Dolphin. The renovation of lobby of the Dolphin was particularly impressive to me. Bed linens at the Dolphin struck me as particularly plush. I can’t recall much about the bed linens at the Swan but I am sure they were nice too. I book a king so the double vs queen isn’t a factor for me but likely is for others.

Agree with above. I like the smaller size and queen beds at the Swan. I also like to sit outside in the courtyards. With that said, I will stay at whichever happens to be less expensive, because I like them both.

This is almost exactly what I would have said. I also stay at whichever one is less, lately that has been Dolphin. I don't find the Dolphin too big to walk around in and the walk between the two resorts and their shared amenities is really not that bad. I like the bathroom set up in the Swan a little better than the Dolphin as well but both are great.

Given the choice, I'd stay at the Swan! The Queen beds are lovely, it's a little quieter usually, and still very close to the pool, especially given that your Swan room will probably be closer to an elevator/exit than your Dolphin room.

We have stayed at both and the last few times we picked the Dolphin. The remodel added a new quick service place off the lobby that we really liked. They have hot breakfast sandwiches and frozen yogurt with a toppings bar. The Swan has a Very small coffee bar that is packed in the morning. We were able to get a rollaway bed at the Dolphin for no additional fee vs the Swan’s $ per night charge.

ITA agree with @patty57 and @loves to dive that buildings are awesome. I choose whichever is less expensive, but when they are equal, I pick the Swan for the simpler hallways.

Epcot fireworks view has beautiful rooms, but its twisting hallways are not for me.

I should mention this—I do think the double beds at the Dolphin are a bit larger than most full size beds. Obviously, they are not queen size, but they are def bigger than the doubles at Disney value resort beds.

The Swan is considered a Westin hotel and the Dolphin is considered a Sheraton. I haven't been at the Dolphin for a while, but I do recall that the amenities at the Swan were just slightly more upscale than the Dolphin -- things like the Westin Heavenly Bed, rainfall and handheld showerheads, Westin bath products, etc.

Here is a blog with some side-by-side photos from late 2017, although I do not know if there have been changes since then:
https://blog.touringplans.com/2017/10/09/swan-and-dolphin/

Although OP does not have price as an issue, it's interesting that sometimes the Swan is less expensive than the Dolphin, perhaps depending on whether conventions have booked up the Dolphin. Both hotels provide convenient access to the amenities of the other hotel... so if you prefer the larger fitness center at the Dolphin, you have full access even if you're staying across at the Swan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter