Swanson Pork Chops & Potatoes

Dopeygirl

<font color=red>Travellin' Gal<font color=green></
Here is one of my favorite, easy dinners. I got it from the Swanson Broth cookbook a year ago. Lots of good and easy recipes in it! This one of DH's favorites.

4 boneless pork chops, 1/2" thick
1 T olive oil
4 medium red potatoes, cubed
1 medium onion, sliced
1 t dried oregano
1 cup Swanson broth
1/2 cup diced roasted red peppers (optional)

Season chops wit black pepper.

Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chops and cook 10 minutes, until browned. Remove.

Add potatoes, onion and oregano. Cook 5 minutes until browned, stirring occasionally. I usually add just a bit of broth at this point, to deglaze the pan.

Add chops, broth and ppers. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook over low, 5 minutes or until done.

NOTES: I've used bone-in pork chops and thicker ones. Both have worked fine, just adjust the timing a bit. I've also used regular baking potatoes. I usually use closer to 1/2 onion, as DH doesn't like much. We prefer the flavored broths (esp. the Italian one).

I love those Swanson cookbooks! Sometimes I get one in the mail. Once my daughter started going through it telling me what she wanted me to make.

Bet she would like those pork chops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter