Swapping names between two concierge reservations

crauen

Earning My Ears
We have two concierge rooms booked for a summer 2023 DCL cruise, one room for my wife, son and me and one for my FIL and BIL. When we originally booked the rooms we had my wife and my FIL in one room and me, my BIL and son in the other. We did this so that both rooms would get my wife and my Castaway Club status. We subsequently upgraded both rooms to concierge for our 2023 cruise after having a great experience in concierge on our April 2022 cruise. As we don't need our Castaway Club status to book excursions now that we are in concierge, my question is can I swap my wife and BIL's names on our reservations without paying a fee or should we just keep everyone in the same room and switch around key cards on board based on where folks will sleep?

Personally I'd just leave the reservation as is and swap keys on board, that's what we're doing and concierge will be able to take care of it.

You could ask. If no charge, I’d change. But if there’s extra money required, just do what so many of us do - sleep where you want and get some extra unmarked keys from Guest Services. (Well, probably from the Concierge).

We tried to do this recently. Shoreside concierge told us it would be a $50 charge per change, and at least one originally-booked guest had to stay in each room (doesn’t sound like that’s an issue for you). As always with Disney, they can make exceptions to the fees if you’ve got a good reason, you ask nicely, and you’re willing to spend a long time on the phone. But it’s not guaranteed.

We were also told “Mickey doesn’t do bed checks.” so if you can be okay with room assignments staying as is, you can get extra room keycards as the previous response suggested. That will certainly be cheaper in time and money.

Personally I'd just leave the reservation as is and swap keys on board, that's what we're doing and concierge will be able to take care of it.
We have the same situation. If you swap key cards would that create a problem when you leave the ship. I may be wrong but I thought you got on and off at the ports by showing your key card

Don't swap keys, get a keycard "blank" for each person swapping rooms that works on that stateroom's door.

Agree with above. Just get blank keycard that just works on the stateroom door. Keep original card for charging and getting on and off the ship.

Don't swap keys, get a keycard "blank" for each person swapping rooms that works on that stateroom's door.
I am assuming you get the "Keycard Blank" from guest services after you board.

I am assuming you get the "Keycard Blank" from guest services after you board.
Yes, or maybe at check in, if you're waiting and it isn't crowded. (The big long desk upstairs, not outside of security)

Even though there is no "benefit" to booking the diffrent castaway club level in the two rooms, there is really no reason to change before boarding. The easiest option is once onboard to have concierge re-sort everyone to the correct rooms. After all, that would be one concierge tasks that would be of value to you and your party.

Even though there is no "benefit" to booking the diffrent castaway club level in the two rooms, there is really no reason to change before boarding. The easiest option is once onboard to have concierge re-sort everyone to the correct rooms. After all, that would be one concierge tasks that would be of value to you and your party.
If they are platinum castaway and the other family members are not it does benefit them that all adult in the rooms will get free palo meal by splitting up but not in booking excursions.

If they are platinum castaway and the other family members are not it does benefit them that all adult in the rooms will get free palo meal by splitting up but not in booking excursions.
Agree but the OP did not state their status level so I did not want to assume.

Still will be able to re-arrange once on the ship and not lose the benefit. At least in the past, it worked that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter