SweatCoin App-I'm Leary About It. Anybody Have Trouble With It.

pershing

DIS Veteran
I downloaded the SweatCoin app after hearing about it on The Financial Diet which are Youtube videos about saving habits.

An app that pays you to walk sounded motivating to me! Maybe I'd finally exercise if someone PAID me to do it. So I downloaded it and I just can't shake this idea that nothings for free so how does this app earn money?

It has your location always on and also your phone number and email address. Am I going to get junk calls now? If so, I might as well keep the app as they already have my info.

Has anyone had any experience with this app they'd like to share? I would greatly appreciate it. Seems too good to be true.

(Darn it! Forgot the ? in the title! Grrr! I forget how to edit the title. Can you anymore?)

My teenage son downloaded it to all our phones on our vacation to Disney World in March. The free version counts the steps but there are a lot of rules about which steps qualify (it doesn't count steps inside buildings or if your gps is turned off, I forget all the other stupid rules). It usually throws out at least half of my steps. You're not going to get rich from the app, but it's kind of cool to play around with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter