• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

sweet 16

life of the party

<font color=darkorchid>hellokitty, target, and rac
so this december is my sweet 16 :goodvibes . i'm starting to plan it because in need to rent the space out and such and i am so excited! i have gone to a few sweet 16's this year and they were all kind of lame and boring. i am known to have really fun parties, but thats only for groups of around 7-10 girls. i don't know how i'm going to entertain such a large group of people. i really want to have an awesome party & for everyone to have fun & for it to be memorable for me and everyone there.

any ideas? what did you do for your sweet 16? if you had a big party, anything you would have changed?

I'm only 14, but for my 16th birthday I've always wanted to do something really special (and I think it's cool that my birthday is January 16th, and your 16th birthday is a big one- just thought I'd share lol). I'm probably going to invite one or two friends to WDW. Or, I've always thought having a candy/cupcake themed party would be cool... or, you could always have a Disney themed party. where guests could come dressed up as Disney characters, and you could be one of the Princesses or something:-)

dance party. if your budget is big enough, rent a hall or something. if not, you can use a big concreted area.

or have a bonfire.

For my sweet sixteen, we rented a huge tent and placed it in my backyard. Everything inside was pretty fancy, because the theme was Titanic. :D

Karaoke! :D

I got a ticket to get in the front of the line for school lunch for my birthday.
And I don't even eat school lunch. LOL.
Really, I didn't do anything.
Opened some presents from my family and that was it.

Costume party or theme party! Those make it memorable. I had a Cinderella themed Sweet 16. All girls, and everyone wore ballgowns. We went to a shoe store and found a pair of sandals will clear heels (think glass slippers) and at midnight we all tried them on and the person who fit them the best got to keep them. We watched Cinderella (Rodgers and Hammerstein version), Ever After, and the original Disney Cinderella. We were going to do a craft game: go to a thrift shop and pick out one really ugly dress for each guest. Buy a bunch of things like ribbons, fake flowers, buttons, glitter, etc and then each guest gets to "transform" their dress. Have you ever seen Miss America: Countdown to the Crown? Kind of like that. Make the dress into whatever you want.

Instead of cake I had pumpkin pie.

But I would really recommend a theme. Alice in Wonderland is always fun, it's more crazy and bright.

Scavenger hunts are good too!

Make it winter themed, Katie. The color of the court could be white........ glass slippers?

it's your night. you get what you want cause it's all about you.

coming from my experiencess at sweet 16's of all seasons.

I'm only 14, but for my 16th birthday I've always wanted to do something really special (and I think it's cool that my birthday is January 16th, and your 16th birthday is a big one- just thought I'd share lol). I'm probably going to invite one or two friends to WDW. Or, I've always thought having a candy/cupcake themed party would be cool... or, you could always have a Disney themed party. where guests could come dressed up as Disney characters, and you could be one of the Princesses or something:-)
mines december 16th and i'll be turning 16! twins? yes. xD

You just invite me.

It's not a party until I show up.
*facepalm*
why didnt i think of this before? ;)

Karaoke! :D

I got a ticket to get in the front of the line for school lunch for my birthday.
And I don't even eat school lunch. LOL.
Really, I didn't do anything.
Opened some presents from my family and that was it.

OMG YES.

LOL I need ideas too.
My 16th is on July 14th.
I have like.. 10 friends I'd wanna do something with. I'm not very sociable. o_O
So far my plans are Pizza Hut and then the cinema.. :/

If you're turning 16 on your 16th birthday it's your champagne birthday!

For my sweet sixteen, we rented a huge tent and placed it in my backyard. Everything inside was pretty fancy, because the theme was Titanic. :D

ARE
YOU
KIDDING
ME!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

all i ever want in my entire life is to go to a titanic themed party!!!!

i didn't really do anything for my 16th...just went to a chinese restaurant with about 5 friends, then they came over. sweet 16s aren't really big around here.
but if i was going to have one...it'd prob be titanic themed :laughing: just kidding (not really) but it'd definitely be a themed party!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter