• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sweets, Sweets and more Sweets

What exactly is the Cheshire Cat Tail? A long donut?

I’m not a big sweet eater but for some reason these are amazing but I don’t know how to describe it! Pastry, braided with a chocolate creamy center and icing drizzled over it?

Ooh my favourite forum topic - dessert! We had 8 Christmas dinners at Narcoosees and I had the same dessert every time - Almond crusted cheesecake. I dread the day it's removed from the menu.

Attachments

• 20161224_175908.jpg
    20161224_175908.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 11
On our last trip we discovered the Mickey waffles with strawberries and whipped cream at Sleepy Hollow in MK. I will be having that again when I go back in the spring.

We enjoy the waffle with bananas, strawberries and hazelnut spread from Sleepy Hollow. The first time we went my sister was supposed to buy one between us but she came back with two, and we ate every bite.

You know, I went to Liberty Tree Tavern just because Boston Cream Pie was on the lunch menu and it did not disappoint. I liked it even more than the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake! I also had a to-die-for peanut butter cookie at Big Top Souvenirs. Dole Whips are always good too. Oh, and the Boardwalk Bakery cupcakes are great; I also had a nice éclair there. Also, I'd love to try the Almond Crusted Cheesecake sometime..... I love this thread, this is my kind of subject!! :cake:

Most classic - the big sugar cookie Mickey Head with the ears dipped in frosted glaze. You can get then at a few places. So tender! Must have!

Elephant Ear at Kusafiri Coffe Shop in Animal Kingdom

Cupcakes all over the World - no gross colored frosting, though!

Strawberry Shortcake at Sunshine Seasons at the Land Pavilion Epcot

Viola Gelateria in Disney Springs - everything in this shop!!! Best gelato at WDW. They have other treats, too.

I love the blueberry cheesecake mousse thing at Satuli Canteen in Animal Kingdom. It's a must have for me!

Cronut at Epcot
Zebra domes at AKL
Tiramisu at Garden View Tea
Flavored creme brulee wherever
In December, gingerbread at Cape May Cafe breakfast, and at Biergarten

1. Ooey Gooey cake at Liberty Tree
2. ANYTHING at the caramel shop at Epcot Germany section
3.The All American Sundae at Main Street Confectonary at MK
4. Almond Cheesecake at Narcoossees at Grand Floridian
5. Bread Pudding at Polynesian Ohana and the lounge

I think we must be long lost sisters :D

I must agree with the "ooey gooey toffee cake" at Liberty Tree Tavern. We also found the "Peter Pan Float" to be very refreshing on a hot day. Fried won-ton dessert at Yak& Yeti is really good also.LTT 1.jpgD PP Float.jpg

1. Ooey Gooey cake at Liberty Tree
2. ANYTHING at the caramel shop at Epcot Germany section
3.The All American Sundae at Main Street Confectonary at MK
4. Almond Cheesecake at Narcoossees at Grand Floridian
5. Bread Pudding at Polynesian Ohana and the lounge

Re carmel shop in Germany: But not something which is essentially just a hunk of carmel if you have dental issues (fillings, braces, etc).

Dessert Trio at Hollywood Brown Derby - also at Brown Derby Lounge I believe (no ADRs needed at Lounge). Mix and match 3 mini desserts from 6 choices. They've changed some selections since my last trip and trying the new ones is one of my priorities for next year.

Les Halles in France at Epcot has so many choices! If they still have the Duo au Chocolat... Chocolate dome with various kinds of chocolate inside... Just total chocolate bliss.

Ample Hills at the Boardwalk - if you like chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, try their "Baked/Unbaked" flavor.

Haven't had a Cheshire Cat Tail but that looks/sounds awesome. Search You Tube - I've seen multiple reviews/videos.

My all time favorite dessert at WDW is the cheesecake from Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. Best ever! Everyone else at the table gets the volcano chocolate thingy but I love that cheesecake!
And the Cronut at Epcot if it is fresh. The first one I bought to share with grandson & it was sooooo good, we both loved it. Then next trip I got one just for me & it was way overcooked but would try it again.

On our last trip we discovered the Mickey waffles with strawberries and whipped cream at Sleepy Hollow in MK. I will be having that again when I go back in the spring.
Years ago, Sleepy Hollow had a fresh caramel corn tub. We'd keep it in our room for snacking at night and buy some as souvenirs. I miss it! But the waffle, oh boy!!! So good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter