• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SWGE: Any reports on the state of datapad interaction?

ironband74

DIS Veteran
Can anyone report on the state of datapad interaction in the land? When we went in 2019 everything was shiny and new and there were a ton of things you could hack to get real world effects (ships, dianoga in the water fountain, etc) and when we went on MFSR we got credit payouts from Hondo for our missions. When we went in April 2022 about half the real world effects weren't operating, and the MFSR beacons were not working (no credit payout after a mission).

I'm curious to know if maybe some of this got fixed/reworked with the integration of Magicband+ and the Bounty Hunters game.

Well ... this has been a bit of a sore point with me.

I hadn't been "paid" for MFSR runs for quite some time. When Bounty Hunter was introduced, my Play App updated ... got a one time lump payment from Hondo (yippie!) but lost most of my accomplishments from before (scanned items, maps, weapons, etc). I still have roughly half of my titles ... except for those tied to the accumulation of virtual possessions. These have not come back ... so I'm slowly rebuilding my asset library by scanning, hacking, etc. Hondo continues to withhold payment after MFSR.

Bounty Hunter, however, does pay for each successful find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter