SWGE to open at WDW on 1st October?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salokin

Mouseketeer
We have a trip booked for end of October / beginning of November but as a family are not Star Wars fans, so what’s the feeling, will WDW be really busy overall or will it just be that land with potentially quieter areas in DHS and other parks?

Obviously hoping for the latter but expecting the former!

We don’t know for certain on opening beyond “Fall” but may get more info tomorrow at the shareholder meeting

Base on what people are saying not sure about Oct 1st but I thinkngood chance it is open or at least in previews when you go end of Oct/beginning of Nov so I would plan for crazy crowds

As for impact on other parks, we haven’t seen anything like what State Wars will bring so we can’t know for certain but my guess is the other parks see increased crowds too - not as bad as DHS but pretty bad

We don’t know for certain on opening beyond “Fall” but may get more info tomorrow at the shareholder meeting

Base on what people are saying not sure about Oct 1st but I thinkngood chance it is open or at least in previews when you go end of Oct/beginning of Nov so I would plan for crazy crowds

As for impact on other parks, we haven’t seen anything like what State Wars will bring so we can’t know for certain but my guess is the other parks see increased crowds too - not as bad as DHS but pretty bad

Thanks. We moved from going at Christmas for our last three visits to this time to hopefully have lesser crowds but nevermind!

Thanks. We moved from going at Christmas for our last three visits to this time to hopefully have lesser crowds but nevermind!

Unless you go before Sept I am not sure when the next “lesser-crowded” time will be unfortunately- SW will keep crowds and before long other new stuff will open and then WDW’s 50th

Baring a recession I think looking at 5 years or so before we see any lessening

Unless you go before Sept I am not sure when the next “lesser-crowded” time will be unfortunately- SW will keep crowds and before long other new stuff will open and then WDW’s 50th

Baring a recession I think looking at 5 years or so before we see any lessening

We’ll just get on with it as we’d rather be there with busy crowds than not at all.

There is share holder meeting tomorrow, thursday the 7th and their supposed to release info on the opening of GE at wdw..i look for em to release a month and not an actual date..im sticking with my original guess that it will open up the week before xmas on or around dec 20th...and now if u look at the rate increases for rooms and such, the increases and rate change is starting on dec 20th so it lines up with wat im thinkn...maybe only announce DL though, guess we'll see tmrw.

Last edited:
Maybe / hopefully it’ll free up fastpasses for elsewhere though.

at least based on opening of other big new things (7DMT, Pandora, etc.) they seem to help free up other FP in that park, but not so much in other parks. So, as an example, when Flight of Passage opened it helped for FP for Everest, etc. but didn't bring down demand for 7DMT

So I would expect GE to make it easier for Toy Story Land and Tower of Terror, etc. but not necessarily reduce demand for FP or wait times at Flight of Passage

There is share holder meeting tomorrow, thursday the 7th and their supposed to release info on the opening of GE at wdw..i look for em to release a month and not an actual date..im sticking with my original guess that it will open up the week before xmas on or around dec 20th...and now if u look at the rate increases for rooms and such, the increases and rate change is starting on dec 20th so it lines up with wat im thinkn...maybe only announce DL though, guess we'll see tmrw.

Scuttlebutt is a date for Disneyland only - you may be right and they give some more color / time frame for WDW but might be nothing

You very well may be right about the December opening - though the price increase going up Dec 20th might just be because of Christmas holidays as the 20th is the Friday before when many schools are closed for holiday break

I wonder, after SWGE opening is annoucned, if there will be a market for "swapping reservations" .. (not technically possible, I understand) -- but I figure there are people who probably have a vacation planned in October/November/december and DO NOT want to deal with the crowds, while there are others that will WANT to be there :).

I just wonder how many people will cancel their reservations once they find out that SWGE will be opening before or during their planned "normal" vacation of just going during Halloween/Christmas season.

I wonder, after SWGE opening is annoucned, if there will be a market for "swapping reservations" .. (not technically possible, I understand) -- but I figure there are people who probably have a vacation planned in October/November/december and DO NOT want to deal with the crowds, while there are others that will WANT to be there :).

I just wonder how many people will cancel their reservations once they find out that SWGE will be opening before or during their planned "normal" vacation of just going during Halloween/Christmas season.

Yup, I’m hoping SWGE opens after our trip and people then defer their holidays so some DVC availability is free’d up. We currently have BC booked for first week and SSR for second but would love to get to magic kingdom resort area for at least part of that second week.

I could see that a little bit - or at least people who wanted to avoid like opening day/week ... I mean, if you were planning on Christmas it was going to be crowded anyway

I think our next hint of when SWGE is set to open is the next set of discounts/promotions that come out. They haven't announced any fall promotions or AP discounts yet, right?.(still early, I know) .. but if you see those only go to say -- mid-November - . I think that would be a big hint. :)

I have several reservations on the books and am waiting to see what happens with discounts (and frankly SWGE -- but not holding out hope) to see which one I'll stick with.
I may even book another reservation at the tail end of my AP (last day. Nov. 11) .. just to see if I get lucky. :) (It will be an anniversary present to my me .. err I mean .. for my wife.)

Scuttlebutt is a date for Disneyland only - you may be right and they give some more color / time frame for WDW but might be nothing

You very well may be right about the December opening - though the price increase going up Dec 20th might just be because of Christmas holidays as the 20th is the Friday before when many schools are closed for holiday break

Yea, im hoping since their getn close on DL they might have a better idea on time frame for wdw but ur prob right, mainly about DL...its hard to tell about the increase, it could be for the holidays but then if GE was opening up before dec 20th, i would think they increase before ge opens and not wait for xmas holiday but its hard to say, its just a guess at this point.

I think our next hint of when SWGE is set to open is the next set of discounts/promotions that come out. They haven't announced any fall promotions or AP discounts yet, right?.(still early, I know) .. but if you see those only go to say -- mid-November - . I think that would be a big hint. :)

I have several reservations on the books and am waiting to see what happens with discounts (and frankly SWGE -- but not holding out hope) to see which one I'll stick with.
I may even book another reservation at the tail end of my AP (last day. Nov. 11) .. just to see if I get lucky. :) (It will be an anniversary present to my me .. err I mean .. for my wife.)

i think it is all connected - they won't know when / if they will have Fall discounts until they know when GE opens - so could even come that they announce GE first, see the craziness that comes from people booking that were waiting for a date (and maybe even people moving reservations around) and then will come out with any discounts if/when they think are needed

There are other things coming out with MMRR and the new temp EPCOT show, etc. ... and they have free dining up to Sept 30th. So even if GE isn't until November, if you have those other things plus Halloween parties and Food and Wine in Oct, will they really need to run a bunch of discounts for October?

My 100% completely uneducated guess based on nothing but a gut feeling, is the official opening will happen the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Of course who knows when AP/DVC/Media/Paid previews will begin and what they will be like.

My 100% completely uneducated guess based on nothing but a gut feeling, is the official opening will happen the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Of course who knows when AP/DVC/Media/Paid previews will begin and what they will be like.

I could definitely see that ... get through Halloween then use much of November for preview events and then grand opening after Thanksgiving as early Dec is generally not super crowded and gives them a few weeks at least before the holiday crush of people

If they are running a head, maybe push that up a month and October is previews and then Grand opening is early November after they get through Halloween

Things have been going well. I expect WDW to open before Thanksgiving.

Hopefully some time between when we leave on 9th November and thanksgiving for us then!

When does everyone think the new Mickey and Minnie ride will open? Really hope that’s before we leave as unlikely to return for another two years again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter